Singstar Platinum Trophy Unobtainable after shutdown?

MisterKIKI

27 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Singstar just got delisted on all Platforms and the plat is 100% unobtainable on PS3. It cannot be redownloaded, whatsoever.

PS4 is plausible with Singstar Celebration, thankfully your songs are saved on service list.

If you deleted the game on PS3, then you are forever locked out. Thanks to my friend, DAGGERDRAVEN for checking. The game still works offline, but once deleted, that is it. Also, servers are already down.

Singstar Ultimate Party exists for both PS4 and PS3 so you're not locked out of the game itself

9 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

THE XMB ICON HAS BEEN FINALLY REMOVED FROM EU ACCOUNTS ON PS3!

man what was your problem with it smh

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thezooniverse said:

PS3 songs can only be downloaded once and are tied to your console. If for any reason you have to download them again you had to contact Sony support and provide the serial number of the console you used. They then unlock your songs after a few days and you can download them again. Once the servers shutdown you will not be able to download PS3 songs again, the store won't exist to download them from even if Sony deactivate the old console, which they won't. I had to do this when my hard drive failed a few years ago. 

How about backing up the PS3 on a hard drive? I did that last night.

47 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

How about backing up the PS3 on a hard drive? I did that last night.

I know some copy right restricted content and some locked content can't be backed up, I assume the songs won't be, but if you've managed to get all the Singstar data backed up and restore to the same PS3 it might work. You won't be able to restore to a different system though.

15 hours ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Singstar just got delisted on all Platforms and the plat is 100% unobtainable on PS3. It cannot be redownloaded, whatsoever.

PS4 is plausible with Singstar Celebration, thankfully your songs are saved on service list.

If you deleted the game on PS3, then you are forever locked out. Thanks to my friend, DAGGERDRAVEN for checking. The game still works offline, but once deleted, that is it. Also, servers are already down.

Thank you for your confirmation, in another thread I understood, that the icon disappeared automatically. I had fear that I never could play the game again.

2 hours ago, pewiha said:

Thank you for your confirmation, in another thread I understood, that the icon disappeared automatically. I had fear that I never could play the game again.

The guide has been updated to reflect that the only workaround is either not deleting the game from your harddrive or buying the disk version. Unfortunately, the songs are only available on the one system.

• Like 2

On 2020/2/1 at 11:06 PM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

The guide has been updated to reflect that the only workaround is either not deleting the game from your harddrive or buying the disk version. Unfortunately, the songs are only available on the one system.

Can ps2 or ps3 disc copies are used for ps3 xmb version to get trophies? I found that I have not duet songs in my ps3.

43 minutes ago, Nepdaisuki said:

Can ps2 or ps3 disc copies are used for ps3 xmb version to get trophies? I found that I have not duet songs in my ps3.

Yes, yes they do.

It's also written in the guide. 

As for which songs are Duet, no idea. 

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

• 1 year later...
On 1/31/2020 at 9:49 PM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Apologies for "Necro" this topic, but I just came back to PS3 EU version of Singstar to finally get this plat (online trophies done on 30 Jan 2020) and there is something not correct in your statement.

Regarding re-downloading the songs - I do not know (yet), since I have them downloaded on my both systems (PS3 and PS4).

In regards to the main "game"/"application" however you want to call it: if you ever installed it via the icon in XMB, it will appear as a normal game on your "download list" on PS3.

Yes, the Singstar icon is not longer "directly" in XMB after new FW version, but now, when you re-download the game, it will go to the folder like any other games.

Below is my screenshot from my US account: as you can see, game can be normally downloaded and installed.

As soon as I will finish grind of EU version (perfect pitch 10000 seconds is my last remaining trophy) I will start with US.

uHccban.jpg

Edit: Ok, only now I realized that I posted it in forum for PS3 EU version.... Ok, so to confirm: US version for sure can be downloaded.
EU - I will check later if it is on "DL list". Maybe just in case I shall back up whole PS3 data on external HDD before deleting EU and downloading US...

Edited by Smashero

5 hours ago, Smashero said:

EU - I will check later if it is on "DL list". Maybe just in case I shall back up whole PS3 data on external HDD before deleting EU and downloading US...

No, don't bother, it's not. Only EU players had the whole issue with the XMB icon and the game was not offered in the Store. I remember to have added most free content to my account and SingStar for PS3 was not there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

No, don't bother, it's not. Only EU players had the whole issue with the XMB icon and the game was not offered in the Store. I remember to have added most free content to my account and SingStar for PS3 was not there.

Thanks for saving me a lot of time :] Perfect info! Grazie!

Ok, a bit OT:
Plated EU PS3 version just two hours ago ;)

Now working on PS4 EU (via phone and "Amazing Grace" to get rid of Vibrato) and PS3 with my FAVOURITE!!! Pop, pop, pop, music!!

(This "grind" can for sure drive you mad...)

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1