Kill Your Completion 12

• 1 month later...

Finished a few titles up. 

Medievil was a really good remaster of the classic PS1 game. While I thought the controls were a bit loose, they were definitely an improvement on the original’s which I came to really appreciate once on the pirate ship. I remember going a bit mad on the original in that area, often feeling like the controls were giving me cheap deaths. The gameplay gets a bit stretched with finding/helping the lost souls, essentially making you replay all the levels for the sake of a couple of trophies. Still a really good title overall.

Zombie Tycoon II was a good RTS which wasn’t too hard (though a few of the challenges made you really work) and not too easy. I’m not a big fan of that genre but I liked this title.

Working on Baldur’s Gate now...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

MeiQ - My opinion really didn't change.  It's a not so great dungeon crawler with a grindy plat.  Though now that I have the plat, I can honestly say Sorcery Saga's plat was far worse.  Not sure if it was Kevvik who told me MeiQ was more of a grind, but even if 30k monster kills and maxing out the forms was way too much and really boring, I'll give the game the fact that it gave me the tools to make that easy.  You have an item to summon an encounter, with the right setup you can one shot any encounters you get at level 999.  Took me about 70 hours to get the plat even with it being very grindy.

Yeah, it was probably me. I hated the grind for this game. I went through Sorcery Saga and maybe I was just lucky on RNG or whatever but I have no real negative memories of that game. MeiQ’s grind just seemed so pointless to me, sort of like Omega Quintet’s but even more so. Absolutely no purpose except the trophy. My least favourite grind ever and I put thousands of hours into each of Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, though the latter pissed me off so badly a couple of years ago I’m lucky if I’ve logged in once a year since. Still love the original though.

4 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Yeah, it was probably me. I hated the grind for this game. I went through Sorcery Saga and maybe I was just lucky on RNG or whatever but I have no real negative memories of that game. MeiQ’s grind just seemed so pointless to me, sort of like Omega Quintet’s but even more so. Absolutely no purpose except the trophy. My least favourite grind ever and I put thousands of hours into each of Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2, though the latter pissed me off so badly a couple of years ago I’m lucky if I’ve logged in once a year since. Still love the original though.

I won't argue that MeiQ, Omega Quintet and Sorcery Saga had pointlessly long grinds.  However, I do think MeiQ was the most bearable of them because it didn't add to it by making it more annoying than it had to be.  If I have to deal with a grind, I'd much rather summon monsters, kill monsters in one hit and repeat.  In Omega Quintet I had to search out very powerful monsters and set up a very particular combo to max approval and then when farming for the 10k after that I had to wait for monsters to respawn and attack.  In Sorcery Saga I had to keep running dungeons over and over again just to have my level reset to 1 each time and there was nothing more pointless than forcing me to use staffs that were worthless and couldn't even kill the weakest of monsters in one hit.  So yeah, of the three pointless grinds, Sorcery Saga was the worst to me.  It just would be nice if Compile Heart would make more games like Mary Skelter where there is no pointless grind.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I've tried to go back to Toukiden 2 a few times, and it never takes long until it becomes a bore. Enemies are sponges and for them to be less spongy you need to farm them for materials to impove the weapons. It's a catch 22 really. At this point I'm not even sure, iIt's visually also not very appealing when it comes to enemies. A lot of cycled vairations pop up in the different regions, so there isn't really a whole lot of variety. This one drops down to a :silver:.

In a few weeks I'll post the new event.for July. I hope you all saved up on some games on the side ?.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...