Which Version Is The Stack???

At first I was having one bitch of a time. Then I realized stealth and picking off enemies one at a time was your best friend. From there on out it was smooth sailing.

I was pissed about the DLC portion at first but it didn't take long to realize that not having all I had from the base game carry over didn't even matter.

I clicked on the link you provided. I thought it was the standard, vanilla JP version that was the stack? That link is for the Deluxe JP version.

12 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

At first I was having one bitch of a time. Then I realized stealth and picking off enemies one at a time was your best friend. From there on out it was smooth sailing.

I was pissed about the DLC portion at first but it didn't take long to realize that not having all I had from the base game carry over didn't even matter.

I clicked on the link you provided. I thought it was the standard, vanilla JP version that was the stack? That link is for the Deluxe JP version.

AFAIK, it's only the Deluxe Edition Edition that stacks and the vanilla release just shares the global list ?.

The way it shows the stack on here is the Deluxe version and the vanilla version but it doesn't even list what region. On PlayStationTrophies.Org. it shows the same thing except the Deluxe is the JP version. Why are two different sites displaying the vanilla version as the stack?

34 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

The way it shows the stack on here is the Deluxe version and the vanilla version but it doesn't even list what region. On PlayStationTrophies.Org. it shows the same thing except the Deluxe is the JP version. Why are two different sites displaying the vanilla version as the stack?

The reason for the difference, is because @BlindMango either doesn't know the region or the game escapes his radar so doesn't know there's a problem with the list when it automatically appears but on .org I have to load all lists manually so it's easier for me to catch mis-tags and work out what the region is for any given game. Ultimately though, it comes down to developer stupidity as to why so many stacks are mis-tagged with the region and/or format.

EDIT: Going by the recent earners, this might actually be a global stack specifically for the Deluxe Edition, because there are 3 different nationalities listed - hopefully BlindMango can clear this situation up.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

Yeah from what I gather, this is JP only stack for the deluxe edition - I've tagged it correctly now

15 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Ultimately though, it comes down to developer stupidity as to why so many stacks are mis-tagged with the region and/or format.

Lol you can say that again! :P 

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah from what I gather, this is JP only stack for the deluxe edition - I've tagged it correctly now

Lol you can say that again! :P 

Seems like its JP complete edition physical only btw. I purchased it digitally too and the trophy list was shared with the worldwide one.

10 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

So that I'm clear on this, the JP version that I need to get is the deluxe edition, correct?

Yes, physical though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Seems like its JP complete edition physical only btw. I purchased it digitally too and the trophy list was shared with the worldwide one.

Alright thanks for that, for this I've just changed the title of the list since I can't multi-tag the list lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I'm confused... why would it matter between the physical and digital copy, it's the same thing?

It's a convoluted and messy business, thanks to Sony and their lack of any Quality Control these days and the fact they don't even bother to follow their own rules but Digital and Retail games are sometimes treated very differently when it comes to how trophy lists work, which is why e.g. Remnant: From the Ashes has separate lists for the digital and retail versions.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9511-remnant-from-the-ashes

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10379-remnant-from-the-ashes

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

43 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's a convoluted and messy business, thanks to Sony and their lack of any Quality Control these days and the fact they don't even bother to follow their own rules but Digital and Retail games are sometimes treated very differently when it comes to how trophy lists work, which is why e.g. Remnant: From the Ashes has separate lists for the digital and retail versions.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9511-remnant-from-the-ashes

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/10379-remnant-from-the-ashes

I still find Tales from the Borderlands 2 trophy lists weird.

One list for the digital PS4 version

Another for the digital PS3, physical PS3 and physical PS4 versions.

• Like 1