Update backward compatibility ps5

SirEcecirillo

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I thought there was something about 'streaming' the older system games or something? Is that not a thing anymore?

I guess I just don't understand this at all.

Sony updated PSNow to support PS5 and some people on the internet used that to confirm BC despite we never viewed PSNow as a BC program.

4 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Sony updated PSNow to support PS5 and some people on the internet used that to confirm BC despite we never viewed PSNow as a BC program.

Oh.

So you can't play older system games? The only reason I'm asking is if I'm not getting more Tales of remasters I need an alternate strategy to play the older PS3 era games that doesn't require me to pay an arm and a leg for them online

A gentle reminder that Xbox will not have "full" backwards compatibility either, as many claim and are sure to find out to their detriment; Series X will support all X1 games (except Kinect) but we all know how small that library is. Not even close to every 360 game will be supported and only a more meagre handful of original Xbox games will be as well. Sure, it is technically better than nothing but not all it is cracked up to be either. I bought the One originally for its BC and Halo and neither of those turned out to be particularly great features in the end.