Does PS4 version of this game crashes as PS3 version did?

I bought Dragon Age Inquisition for PS3 years ago in it's digital version. I played around 30 hours but one day, trying to load my save file, It didn't load. The screen was all black showing the symbol of the game in the lower right corner but it never loaded the game. I searched the problem on the internet and it was a common issue and happened to other people many times. Some users wrote in forums and in YouTube videos suggesting NOT to buy the PS3 version. I've heared that the PS4 version is much better in terms of performance because somehow it was the main version of the game, but again, there are some users that report the same problems that I described for the PS3 in the PS4 version.

I would really like to play Inquisition now that I have the chance to play it on PS4 so I would like to read you. How was your experience with the game? Did you have glitches, crashes, freezing screens and other issues when you played?

Here are the links of the forums where PS4 Dragon Age players complain about being stuck in loading screens

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/DAI-stuck-on-black-loading-screen-after-opening-application-PS4/td-p/5919922

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/PS4-Saved-Game-Will-Not-Load-Freezes-On-Loading-Screen/td-p/5414526

Edited by Nothingistrue17

I played it when it first came out and I'm sure the game may have crashed at some points but because of auto-saves and my habit of saving constantly anyway it wasn't a big deal. I imagine at this point that they have patched it more it would rarely crash if at all. I definitely don't recall getting stuck in a loading screen though, so I think you should be fine.

• Like 1

I played the ps4 version first and it crashed 3-4 times, even corrupting my save. That was probably the reason 4 trophies glitched (kill X enemies, kill Z demons, the campsites trophy and kill 10 dragons). The ps3 version only crashed at the final boss.

So in my case the ps4 version was worse. Keep multiple saves and back them up in a usb.

And btw the crashes occurred when i was fast travelling after the first half of the game

Edited by sephiroth4424
  • Like 1

When it first came there was a bug that could occasionally happen with saves (I had it happen myself) but I haven't heard of it happening in a long time. What I did though anyways for safety was anytime I saved I saved the same filed in two different slots to always keep another backup and waited like ten seconds after saving before quitting the game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ps4: Experienced ~20 times game crashes while travelling to Skyhold, 2 more after viewing long cinematics and one more right after the "Temple of Mythal" battle with "your" nemesis. But as @Redgrave already said Auto-Save is your friend and you will only lose some minutes.

On every 2nd Throne Law Decision I had the "Black Screen" Bug, but that was easy to fix with switching to another Throne - just save beforehand to be sure.

Never experienced any Quest or Kill Bugs, maybe it was fixed with some Patches or I was just lucky.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Weird - I must have been lucky as I played this back at launch on the PS3 and was one first to 100% it after the Hakkon DLC. As far as I can recall, the only real issue I had was the dragon kill counter which luckily counted kills across multiple character saves. Maybe my playthroughs on the PS4 have colored my memory.