Chosen trophy with two party members

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 27.2.2021 at 2:43 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

A question for anyone willing to answer: how many party members do I need to acquire every trophy in one go? Just two (which is what I prefer) or do I have to have a full party of four?

You can get all trophies in one playthrough with two members only. The Walkthrough on this page (which I have previously mentioned) is basically a platinum walkthrough in one run. It uses two party members only. 

5 hours ago, Arcesius said:

You can get all trophies in one playthrough with two members only. The Walkthrough on this page (which I have previously mentioned) is basically a platinum walkthrough in one run. It uses two party members only. 

Okay I must be retarded or something. Why can't I seem to find this walkthrough, lol?

1 minute ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Okay I must be retarded or something. Why can't I seem to find this walkthrough, lol?

Haha ? 

Here you go: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/8219-divinity-original-sin-2-tactician-honour-mode-walkthrough

Just one word... I understand why you might want to do everything in a single playthrough. However, unless you have experience with this game (or its predecessor), starting on the highest difficulty and with permadeath might turn out to be pretty frustrating until you start understanding how combat works, even if you follow the walkthrough above. It is possible, but it will be a steep learning experience. 

5 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Haha 1f602.png 

Here you go: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/8219-divinity-original-sin-2-tactician-honour-mode-walkthrough

Just one word... I understand why you might want to do everything in a single playthrough. However, unless you have experience with this game (or its predecessor), starting on the highest difficulty and with permadeath might turn out to be pretty frustrating until you start understanding how combat works, even if you follow the walkthrough above. It is possible, but it will be a steep learning experience. 

So I take it it doesn't matter that I'm not a new player to turn-based strategy? Also, I've read and watched on YouTube how the telekinesis exploit absolutely wrecks the Honour/Tactical difficulty.

On 3/2/2021 at 2:48 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

So I take it it doesn't matter that I'm not a new player to turn-based strategy? Also, I've read and watched on YouTube how the telekinesis exploit absolutely wrecks the Honour/Tactical difficulty.

It does, same in the first game also with the exception of some encounters. You can turn your brain off pretty hard with a tk or barrelmancy run. 

23 hours ago, Unebrion said:

It does, same in the first game also with the exception of some encounters. You can turn your brain off pretty hard with a tk or barrelmancy run. 

What's a tk and barrelmancy? Tk = telekinesis, I'm assuming? And barrelmancy = the heavy chest exploit using telekinesis?

-EDIT-

I looked it up so that's a yes to my questions. Where and when is the earliest I can find an indestructible chest?

Edited by MrTacoNinja

On 3/6/2021 at 8:10 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

What's a tk and barrelmancy? Tk = telekinesis, I'm assuming? And barrelmancy = the heavy chest exploit using telekinesis?

-EDIT-

I looked it up so that's a yes to my questions. Where and when is the earliest I can find an indestructible chest?

I'm guessing you mean in the new game. The earliest one that comes to mind you can get as soon as you get the teleportation gloves from the turtles. If you were to do the quest with the NPC and escape the fort his way he will lead you to an area where you are supposed to teleport him down. In this area behind a waterfall on the left side there's a chest you can only get with teleportation. You'll use the gloves to bring that chest over to you and now you've got an indestructible crushing device. 

Here's a picture, I haven't played in a while now but I believe where I've circled is where the chest lives. https://imgur.com/a/UXOoBAc

12 hours ago, Unebrion said:

I'm guessing you mean in the new game. The earliest one that comes to mind you can get as soon as you get the teleportation gloves from the turtles. If you were to do the quest with the NPC and escape the fort his way he will lead you to an area where you are supposed to teleport him down. In this area behind a waterfall on the left side there's a chest you can only get with teleportation. You'll use the gloves to bring that chest over to you and now you've got an indestructible crushing device. 

Here's a picture, I haven't played in a while now but I believe where I've circled is where the chest lives. https://imgur.com/a/UXOoBAc

Thanks man. You wouldn't happen to have a save on your Honour/Tactical playthrough prior to the last boss, would you? Would love a "taxi" as that dude who wrote the guide calls it. 

@MrTacoNinja you should give the game a go first. Honor Mode can be a pain but is very rewarding.  Divinity 1 and 2 are great games I've finished Honor on both for pc and and (eventually)  going to do them on console. With a quick app close(on death) and plenty of backup saves on USB or the cloud you can keep your characters alive when you mess up a turn. I mostly suggest trying on your own first as the game is one of my personal favorite rpgs. I have 2 regions for Divinity 2 and love the series so much that I hate to see people miss out on this gem with all its experiences, especially in its difficult glory. It can piss you off hardcore, but like I said, it's very rewarding.

But of course, to each their own. 

2 hours ago, RoxasOnFire said:

It can piss you off hardcore

Ha! With my temperament? Exactly why I want to cheese it or skate by on someone else's save. It's not that I can't do it but I'd rather take the path of least resistance so I don't have to replace another controller... or patch another wall from said controller... or buy a new laptop due to said controller... or replace a tv because of said controller. When I get angry I get... throwy, lol.

6 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Ha! With my temperament? Exactly why I want to cheese it or skate by on someone else's save. It's not that I can't do it but I'd rather take the path of least resistance so I don't have to replace another controller... or patch another wall from said controller... or buy a new laptop due to said controller... or replace a tv because of said controller. When I get angry I get... throwy, lol.

Lol I get that.  Not so much the anger part, but replacing things due to said anger. 

On 3/11/2021 at 9:05 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

Thanks man. You wouldn't happen to have a save on your Honour/Tactical playthrough prior to the last boss, would you? Would love a "taxi" as that dude who wrote the guide calls it. 

I think for the EU version of the game I do, but my NA one I forgot to backup before I helped someone else do the same thing. Let me know if that's the one you need. 

58 minutes ago, Unebrion said:

I think for the EU version of the game I do, but my NA one I forgot to backup before I helped someone else do the same thing. Let me know if that's the one you need. 

All set. Someone else gave me a piggyback. Thanks though.