Any good?

Most of you have probably played a LEGO game, but if you haven't, you may wanna check one out. It's just a massive collectathon, with some decent platforming and small puzzles, where you get to use a lot of characters with special properties from some franchise. The game all got some backtracking to do in the end. I felt this game was a bit less of actual backtracking. The game was like one big level, as you could move from one location to the next, also teleport around the island. And the way the island ended up after the story line was a bit different than before, or so it felt. And you were basically just exploring more of the world, rather than forcing yourself through the same story line again. This LEGO game is more focused on the battle stuff, and to be honest, it was quite a bit better in that regard than most previous games. It even had various local co op (and vs CPU) battle mini games. There's also the training dojos, trying to get a high score while beating up enemies until you face off against a boss at the end. Some stuff was rather well hidden. The cheat system was kind of worked into the game, and intended as "upgrades" in various ways. Never been interested in Ninjago, and so I had no nostalgia related to these games in that regard. I did however get copy right claimed quite a bit while streaming the game. Lego should cut off streaming in scenes they don't want shown on youtube etc, because those scenes seems to have been from the movie. More problematic was the audio, which contained some theme song for the franchise.

They can't even get the name of the franchise correctly in the lyrics, and it seems rather forced. I had to just turn the audio off, unfortunately.

Playlist of me getting 100%.... In case you want to check what it's like or need any help or whatever.

I would actually recommend this one if you're into LEGO games in general. Sometimes some of the LEGO games have felt like a chore at some points, but this one didn't. Game should be rather cheap from what I've seen, at least the physical version.

Edited by MMDE

• 4 weeks later...

I just signed up to PSnow purely to play all the lego games on it (loads cheaper than buying them) and this one seems dead fun so far! 
I had no idea there were lego ninjas, or a movie about them. Might have to watch it after I beat the game, it's made me laugh a few times so far just from the cut scenes. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 6:34 AM, Deadvember said:

I just signed up to PSnow purely to play all the lego games on it (loads cheaper than buying them) and this one seems dead fun so far! 
I had no idea there were lego ninjas, or a movie about them. Might have to watch it after I beat the game, it's made me laugh a few times so far just from the cut scenes. 

LOL, I am about to do exactly the same for the same reason !!

I've enjoyed the many I've played so far, so I doubt this one will disappoint :)

On 5/3/2020 at 0:34 AM, Deadvember said:

Someone in a discord I'm in mentioned that Lego Ninjango will be removed in June so get on it soon if you want to play it. I'm not sure if it's a regional thing or not though. 

On 5/3/2020 at 6:34 AM, Deadvember said:

2 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Someone in a discord I'm in mentioned that Lego Ninjango will be removed in June so get on it soon if you want to play it. I'm not sure if it's a regional thing or not though. 

Lego City Undercover will also be removed June 2nd. As are the non-Lego games, Shadow of Mordor and Batman: Arkham Knight.