Fun fact this game has "difficulty adjustment".

Quink666

So this means the better you play the less dmg you do, up to 40% less dmg. Never noticed it when i played cause i suck but it's a fun hidden mechanic. Better explained by Distortion2 who speedruns the game.

https://clips.twitch.tv/VibrantMoldySwallowUncleNox

Do you guys know of any other game that has a similar hidden emchanic that makes the game harder the better you perform?

it's not the same but in phantom pain the soldiers start wearing helmets if you do a lot of headshots or use night vision if you do the missions at night

that was kinda nice because it wasn't "do XY% less or more damage"... this on the other hand sounds absolutely horrible and boring to me

• Like 3

Just now, Alaquia said:

it's not the same but in phantom pain the soldiers start wearing helmets if you do a lot of headshots or use night vision if you do the missions at night

that was kinda nice because it wasn't "do XY% less or more damage"... this on the other hand sounds absolutely horrible and boring to me

Ohh yeah i remember that. You could send your own soldiers on a mission to sabotage cams/helmets and such. Damn i need to replay MGS PP.

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Do you guys know of any other game that has a similar hidden emchanic that makes the game harder the better you perform?

Yes. Alien Isolation. The Alien gets more intelligent the better you play. (Horizon Zero Dawn might have some of it too.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

It's actually presented in most Resident Evil games after 4. Adaptive difficulty it is called:).

RE4 is the most evident one IMO, since if you go through any portion of the game in normal difficulty but managed to get unscathed, the next any enemy will do is comparable to the damage you receive in professional mode.

On 13/04/2020 at 4:14 PM, Quink666 said:

So this means the better you play the less dmg you do, up to 40% less dmg. Never noticed it when i played cause i suck but it's a fun hidden mechanic. Better explained by Distortion2 who speedruns the game.

https://clips.twitch.tv/VibrantMoldySwallowUncleNox

RE2R works exactly  the same.

While RE4 is way less subtle, increasing/decreasing dmg, more plagas popping out, also changing the layout and numbers of the enemies, you can look the famous water room on youtube.

https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/Game_Rank_(RE4)

This link has a lot of interesting info that you might want to see, it's taken from an official Japanese guide book published by Famitsu. While RE3R doesn't work exactly like that, you can see how they did it for RE4. Multiple RE games have a dynamic difficulty (which the Japanese developers seem to call "rank").