How difficult is this platinum now for a total noob?

On 18-4-2020 at 1:55 AM, frontzie said:

With a lot of time, practice and hoping you have some dumb players for the Breach Charge trophy, it's achievable. I'm unsure if you could have unlock some of the trophies via Custom games, I've not really tried that.

Well if you can get them in custom mode let me know 

have this game in my backlog for a long time but don’t know how well it will go for a new player 

last thing I want is a grind festival to try and it done 

10 minutes ago, Blood-Stalker1 said:

Well if you can get them in custom mode let me know 

have this game in my backlog for a long time but don’t know how well it will go for a new player 

last thing I want is a grind festival to try and it done 

No Trophies can be earned in custom mode.

Also it's not as bad as it once was. They've changed a number of trophies and you'll honestly get them very easily through normal play. Only a couple are real skill/luck based making it a 4/10 to me

For the Meatwall trophy too you can approach it as skill based. On some maps like Airplane there is plenty of softwalls on the upper room that most opponents will camp on or can be baited towards netting an easier trophy for it

• Like 1

The platinum isnt that bad if you are a decently skilled enough player. Getting gold rank ( although its glitched at the moment where you only need silver 2 rank) and 5 flawless match victories in ranked would be the two hardest things, the rest are just a grind but not particularly difficult. Trophies like breach charge kill, nitro cell kill, etc. Can all be earned by downing an enemy then just planting or throwing it next to their body and securing the kill with it. Nonetheless though it is a very long and painful platinum for an average player like myself.

Edited by PlatinumTrophy
Fixup

This maybe sounds stupid 

but cant you boost this game with 10 people 

or is the game still to active to boost it ? 

I will play the game down the line a  bit (backlog) 

some trophies look like a bother like kill 5 drones in 1 game  if you can find 5 then yea great gameplay 

this look like good skills are needed but with a dash of good luck (and I mean shit lots of luck ) 

form what I seen on YouTube it looks fun  but trophies are big luck factor when looking ad some of them 

19 minutes ago, Blood-Stalker1 said:

This maybe sounds stupid 

but cant you boost this game with 10 people 

or is the game still to active to boost it ? 

I will play the game down the line a  bit (backlog) 

some trophies look like a bother like kill 5 drones in 1 game  if you can find 5 then yea great gameplay 

this look like good skills are needed but with a dash of good luck (and I mean shit lots of luck ) 

form what I seen on YouTube it looks fun  but trophies are big luck factor when looking ad some of them 

The killing drones is honestly an easy trophy almost all maps require stairs for drones to get up and done simply play as Mute plant a couple jammers near the top railing of the stairs and wait for them to get fixed you'll most likely get 3-5 this way alone and if you still need one or two the enemy team will most likely use them again the same round.

Luck isn't too dependant either, part of this game is making opponents adjust their tactics. Alot of what people might consider "luck based" can easily be done by just simply outplaying your opponent or baiting them into traps.

Boosting may be possible but not exactly. The game does have a matchmaking system that not only goes by your current level and ranked season progression but it also counts in your previous seasons as a minor adjustment. Due to this if you've already been playing the game for a while and let's say your friends who are boosting with you are fresh accounts in the game you may not be able to pair them as opponents as the game may consider your skill level too high for them. This could be originally be worked around by having a couple newer accounts on your team as well as then the game use to work off whoever was the lowest ranked. But Ubisoft had made some changes affecting this matchmaking wise in that sometimes it doesn't work. There's also a heavy banning system so leaving games to only match with your boosting partners can lead very quickly to 48hr or even weeklong bans, plus the fact due to the highly competitive nature of the game if your found boosting even for trophies you can receive a lifetime ban.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

• 3 weeks later...

The Platinum is very enjoyable and fun but some words of warning. Rainbow 6 has a very steep learning curve. It may not be enjoyable for the first few hours you play. If you are playing only for the trophies it might be miserable, if you like the game and play regularly eventually you will get the platinum from just playing the game. I would recommend starting on an alt account and playing for 10 or so hours, you can get a feel for wether or not you like the game and if you want to commit to going for the platinum. This will also give you an advantage because when you go back and start the game on your main you will have more experience but will be going up against less experienced players. This might make it easier to get the Breach charge trophy for example.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It seems that Silver 3 is no longer the requirement for the “Achieve gold rank” trophy to pop.

All people who got the trophy after the Steel Wave operation update have reached Gold 3 (2600 MMR).

A friend has reached silver 3 and did not get the trophy. 

It is much harder now...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/24/2020 at 0:55 AM, RapiDuS said:

It seems that Silver 3 is no longer the requirement for the “Achieve gold rank” trophy to pop.

All people who got the trophy after the Steel Wave operation update have reached Gold 3 (2600 MMR).

A friend has reached silver 3 and did not get the trophy. 

It is much harder now...

I can confirm that...i just got gold ranking up from silver and it popped right after hitting that rank. There's a chance you could end up gold after the 10 placement games, but it looks quite idiosyncratic...as you can see an example is OhNoItIsJoe's situation

On 7/15/2020 at 8:57 AM, OhNoItIsJoe said:

I placed Gold 1 from 8 wins and two losses in my initial 10 game rank placement. This was easier than I anticipated after reading this forum and I’m pretty bad at the game.

and what happened to me during the previous seasion (Void Edge)...I basically ended up Copper IV with 6 wins (2 flawless) and 4 losses in the first 10 rank placement games.