Difficulty compared to Persona 4 Golden?

Golem25

I'm curious, P4G is my first turn-based JRPG outside of Pokemon and I adore it, and am looking into Akiba's Beat as a possible next game to play on my Vita.

With that in mind, I'm still a complete noob at these types of games, so I'm simply curious to hear how you'd compare Akiba's Beat's difficulty to P4G? I imagine everyone who has played it has also played P4G after all.

And how about Tokyo Xanadu? That one does seem a little harder than either AB or P4G to me - but still keen to hear your thoughts all the same.

Can't speak on akibas beat, but it doesn't seem all that hard from what I hear. Tokyo Xanadu (Ps vita) will be a bit more challenging than the latter and p4 golden as it has a trophy for beating the game on the highest difficulty (nightmare + infinity if on second playthrough). While it does technically have a few missable trophies, most of them can't be done until ng+ with the majority being character bonds similar to p4's social links.

• Like 1

The only thing I can really stress about akibas beat is it's a very slow burn I've been playing off and on for a long while and I'm not even sure I've hit the half way point because enemies level jump a fair bit between dungeons so you have to go level up which can be very slow if say ur level 20 the last dungeon was for level 16 and the one you need to go into is level 40.

Sure u could probably try and die in the harder dungeon hoping for Abit of experience maybe a win but it gets frustrating. I've had to take several breaks because of it. But it's fun the story is interesting but it's just slow going

• Like 2

After recently getting the plat for this game I can tell you it is more of a time commitment than anything else.  This is more of a visual novel, which is fully voiced, than a proper JRPG.  The gameplay is real time and is super basic.  Compared to P4G I'd say this is a lot easier.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...