The Swamps of Corsus update, new trophies

Hartgroove

Tried out survival, on my own and with people who popped in. Didn't go well, didn't even beat 1 boss. Takes a fair bit to even get to the bosses so killing 10 in row seems both difficult and long... though it might be one of those things where it's really tough at first, gets easy in the middle, and gets hard again as you get high up in boss kills.

If glowing fragments can be gotten in campaign hard mode then I would imagine that would be the optimal way to do it as you would have access to your character with maxed traits, armour, and the weapons you prefer. Didn't kill any boss but did get one from some big dude, one of those "special" enemies I believe. The amount required for 40 appears excessive and grindy but, hey, nothing says you have to do them all at once and can space it out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Tried out survival, on my own and with people who popped in. Didn't go well, didn't even beat 1 boss. Takes a fair bit to even get to the bosses so killing 10 in row seems both difficult and long... though it might be one of those things where it's really tough at first, gets easy in the middle, and gets hard again as you get high up in boss kills.

If glowing fragments can be gotten in campaign hard mode then I would imagine that would be the optimal way to do it as you would have access to your character with maxed traits, armour, and the weapons you prefer. Didn't kill any boss but did get one from some big dude, one of those "special" enemies I believe. The amount required for 40 appears excessive and grindy but, hey, nothing says you have to do them all at once and can space it out.

Hard mode actually would be the best/quickest way to get it done. That's probably what I'll do after I manage to get the 5 and 10 boss kills. You could just reroll an area you feel most comfortable with, and keep fighting the bosses of that world.

I haven't even played the corsus story map yet, I've just been doing survival. I think going through survival is so luck based (the loot and the bosses you get), that you're bound to get lucky eventually and get an easier run. The Hunting Rifle seems like a pretty common spawn at the beginning, thankfully. I've had it spawn in the labyrinth pillars about half the time.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WileECoyoteXP said:

Hard mode actually would be the best/quickest way to get it done. That's probably what I'll do after I manage to get the 5 and 10 boss kills. You could just reroll an area you feel most comfortable with, and keep fighting the bosses of that world.

I haven't even played the corsus story map yet, I've just been doing survival. I think going through survival is so luck based (the loot and the bosses you get), that you're bound to get lucky eventually and get an easier run. The Hunting Rifle seems like a pretty common spawn at the beginning, thankfully. I've had it spawn in the labyrinth pillars about half the time.  

I have noticed that in survival you get a bonus added at the end if you do well. I also wonder if on hard special enemies can also drop them like in Survival... we'll see.

Tried some more and got to 6 I think it was with two randoms. Sadly the loss was ultimately my fault as in a fight with Totem Father while avoiding enemy attacks at the start I rolled into the pit like an idiot. Seems to me like yeah, it gets easier once you're past that first boss.

16 hours ago, Sky_Rodriguez_69 said:

For the 40 skins you can easy boost it with 2 ps4 or a friend. Make a saveupload before a boss and farm it until you have the 2 trophies. That's the way I did it. 

That is a quick way to do it certainly.

Got up to 7. Gorefist is really being my bane in the game. If encountered in later levels he can do serious damage himself sure, but those exploding guys are nasty. Then if everyone else goes down then reviving them is near impossible as Gorefist even by himself puts so much pressure on you.

11 hours ago, ManWezz said:

I got 40 skins from boosting aswell, but i boosted in corsus dungeon called Fetid Pools, at the end there is 25 glowing fragments behind 2 doors. 

Huh, interesting. Even for people who don't do the trick, could you just keep rerolling and getting that amount each time you come across that area you think?

23 hours ago, ManWezz said:

I got 40 skins from boosting aswell, but i boosted in corsus dungeon called Fetid Pools, at the end there is 25 glowing fragments behind 2 doors. 

Thanks for this. Normally you'd have to do this in co-op, since that's the intended way to get the 2 keys you need to open those doors. However, if anyone wants to do this solo, here's how:

1. Re-roll Corsus adventure mode until you find the Fetid Pools dungeon. It has a spire/tower entrance.
  2. Activate the checkpoint in the back of the dungeon that is surrounded by locked doors (you may have to break a fake wall to access it). Do NOT pick up the rusted amulet item if you happen to see it!
  3. Back up your "World" save file to USB or cloud. (DO NOT back up your "Character" save file.)
  4. Reload the game. Find the rusted amulet item in the Fetid Pools dungeon and pick it up (again, it may be behind a fake wall that you have to break).
  5. Leave the game and restore your "World" save file from backup.
  6. Reload the game. Equip the rusted amulet and then go crouch in the corrosive pools in the Fetid Pool dungeon until the amulet breaks (and turns into a key). Use that key to open one of the doors beside the checkpoint -- the door that you can see stairs behind.
  7. Go pick up the rusted amulet again, from the same place you picked it up in step #4.
  8. Again, equip the rusted amulet and crouch in the corrosive pools until it breaks, turning into a key. Go up the stairs that you unlocked in step #6, and unlock the door that you can see tons of red items behind. They are Glowing Fragments. DO NOT PICK ANY OF THEM UP YET.
  9. Back up your "World" save file to USB or cloud again.
  10. Reload the game. Pick up the 25 Glowing Fragments that you unlocked.
  11. Leave the game and restore your "World" save file from backup.
  12. Repeat steps 10 and 11 until you have however many Glowing Fragments you want.

It looks like a lot (just because Fetid Pools and the keys therein are a bit complicated), but this is by far the fastest way to get all those Glowing Fragments. Probably 2 or 2.5 hours total to get all the Fragments needed for the trophy.

• Like 4

Survival Mode's 10 bosses are stupid RNG dependent and takes a crapload of time too to do.

Each world takes 10~15mins and the bosses are super HP bloated and deal a ton of DMG too.

It's not worth it for Glowing Frags either; you get equal amount in adventure.

Is it easier to do in coop? Still, no one runs survivor online. Only Campaign/Adventure >_>

Rhom has the easiest bosses so you can speedrun the place for G.Frags and get 8~11 fast (if Houndmaster with Construct appears).

Corsus has the most Frags

with 8 from the 2 bosses +5 from Queen (do the cheese stalactite kill in Hard lol) +25 from Fetid Pools every 2 encounters

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/06/2020 at 3:52 PM, Arcesius said:

Alright, my game just updated.. the new trophies correspond to the steam achievements listed in the OP! 1f642.png 

Given that there are rewards for beating up to 100 bosses in a row, I think that getting 10 ain't asking too much 1f602.png

100 bosses in a row ???  it’s 100 bosses total, and if you’ve played it you’ll know it’s too much.... 

12 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

100 bosses in a row 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png  it’s 100 bosses total, and if you’ve played it you’ll know it’s too much.... 

Yeah I noticed once the game released ? 

I haven't played yet even though I own the DLC, but given that already 38 people here have that trophy, it still seems to me like a reasonable goal.