Pride and Joy challenge not unlocking

I have done all challenges in the collosseum including Aerith ones and all challenges in Chapter 17 including Malboro. I also did all 20 of Chadley missions and also defeated shiva, fat chocobo, leviathan and bahamut in the VR missions.

But the last challenge to get to Pride and Joy is still locked. What am i missing?

15 minutes ago, FrozenLionheart said:

You have to assess all 112 enemies before the last 2 (ifrit and pride and joy) to have the challenge unlock, I had to redo wisper Bahamut as I missed that though I had assess materia equipped and obviously you have to assess guard scorpion if you haven't already.

That's not true. I got my platinum with only 100 enemies assessed.

• Like 1

Did you replay chapter 9 for Aerith's second colosseum challenge? The guide wasn't clear when I first played the game. I didn't know that everyone got a second round of colosseum challenges, so there are actually two Aerith challenges to tackle in Chapter 9, not just one.

Edit: you did say "Aerith's ones" in your post so that might rule that out. Sorry for the unhelpful information ?

Edited by AerisFlowerGirl
  • Like 2

After playing the game one time through, I did chapters 3, 8 and 9 to get a second set of dresses unlocked. During chapter 9 I went to the Colosseum and discovered more challenges unlocked. I cleared those out, finished chapter 9 completely and then played hardmode starting from chapter 1 to chapter 17 and pride and joy was there at Shinra VR. 

Those could be what you missed.

So the play log shows that i have not completed 2 colosseum challenges.

What i did on my hard playthrough, i play until chapter 17, finished all challenges and went back to chapter 9 and finished the 2 aerith challenges and finished the chapter. I replayed it on easy difficulty. But for some reason its not updating it.

Edit: i just went back to my Chapter 9 save files, it shows all 11 challenges completed. But going back to chapter 17 it does not update.

Edited by JesteR1701one

4 minutes ago, JesteR1701one said:

So the play log shows that i have not completed 2 colosseum challenges.

What i did on my hard playthrough, i play until chapter 17, finished all challenges and went back to chapter 9 and finished the 2 aerith challenges and finished the chapter. I replayed it on easy difficulty. But for some reason its not updating it.

Are you sure all the colosseum challenges are playable when replaying chapters on easy? As far as I remember there are two extra battles (One for cloud and another for aerith) that get unlocked after you beat Hell House on Hard. It's the only thing that you could be missing, as far as I can tell

Just now, JesteR1701one said:

There are 11 challenges in the colosseum in total correct? And it shows i have them all completed when i load my chapter 9 save file in the play log. But when i load then my chapter 17 save file its back to 9 of 11 completed.

That's the problem. You should load your chapter 9 save where everything is completed and then CHAPTER SELECT chapter 17. If you load a different save the things unlocked correspond with what you had at that point in time

4 minutes ago, S-A-U-S-I said:

That's the problem. You should load your chapter 9 save where everything is completed and then CHAPTER SELECT chapter 17. If you load a different save the things unlocked correspond with what you had at that point in time

Yeah that’s totally the problem.  Using chapter select from your most up to date save will resolve it,  just select 17 and skip the scenes at the start and you back at the simulator.

9 minutes ago, S-A-U-S-I said:

That was the issue. Its unlocked now after load from the beginning of the chapter. Thanks!

13 minutes ago, S-A-U-S-I said:

Exactly what I would say. Load chap9, press options, select chap17, *Magic* xD