The Escapists games why Ultra rare platinums?

Deluziion90

Not sure which topic I should choose because it's 3 seperate games but for anyone who got all these games 100%. I'm really wondering why these games are ultra rare trophy wise. I've been considering to try one but would like to hear anyone's thoughts about these trophies. I've checked guides and some youtube guides on certain trophies and nothing looks to difficult but maybe I'm wrong.

Haven't played them, but from what I've seen, there are several things that might put off the average  person playing them, and as such, making the trophies rarer, like the artstyle,  and the fact that strategy and puzzle, aren't really the most beloved genres, so, if you have experience with this it would make things easier.

I mean, check the rarity, more than half bail out at the start of the first game, so yeah, I could see being rare because it isn't the cup of tea of many.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

Not sure which topic I should choose because it's 3 seperate games but for anyone who got all these games 100%. I'm really wondering why these games are ultra rare trophy wise. I've been considering to try one but would like to hear anyone's thoughts about these trophies. I've checked guides and some youtube guides on certain trophies and nothing looks to difficult but maybe I'm wrong.

A lot of it comes down to how repetitive and time consuming the games are. Daily schedules don't change (eat and work at the same time everyday), guard AI is incredibility simplistic (follow the same movement pathing making the risk of being caught basically null (unless a fight triggers them to act, making them even easier to manipulate) and the list goes on.

The game series is honestly a 1.5-2/10 difficulty in terms of actual challenge.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VigilantCrow said:

A lot of it comes down to how repetitive and time consuming the games are. Daily schedules don't change (eat and work at the same time everyday), guard AI is incredibility simplistic (follow the same movement pathing making the risk of being caught basically null (unless a fight triggers them to act, making them even easier to manipulate) and the list goes on.

The game series is honestly a 1.5-2/10 difficulty in terms of actual challenge.

This. 

I Platted them on a different account and while not hard, it can get repetitive. 

Tho, i had a lot of fun with them, id reccomend to buy, espacially that they are more then often in special. 

• Like 1

Thanks all for the input. So I'm sure it should be easy then. I was just curious how a 3/10 rated game can have such low percentage.

Repetitive isn't a problem for myself.. As I recently got the platinum for DB FighterZ so doing the same stuff over and over is something I can handle :P.

I'll see my local game store soon if they have a physical edition :D 

• Like 1

I'm not sure, to be honest. I platted and 100%ed the 2nd one and it really wasn't hard and didn't take long at all. I can understand why DLC trophies would have low rates because to complete some of the prisons in certain ways you need to just do the same thing over and over and wait for certain items to spawn at the same time, and that could be a bit of a grind. The main game, though, barely has any grind but possibly a few challenging bits in the prisons if you aren't following a guide. This was a really fun game though, and it's a shame more people haven't played it.