A Casual BACKLOG EVENT NOW FINISHED

Well, it took me a few days but I finally got the platinum for The Last of Us 2!  ?  Man that was fun!  My PS4 Pro arrived today too and I'm currently transferring data from my old PS4 to the new one.  Only 3 hours left!  

Hello! I would like to join because I have MANY games on my backlog but I have two questions first:

1. I've just started Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (owned for three years ...), can I put that one on top of the pyramid for level one even though I didn't know about the event yet?

2. Can I pick games that I own digitally or physically but I haven't loaded on my account yet? For example I've had the Jak trilogy on PS4 for three months and I've never even started 2 or III, can they be part of my pyramid?

Hi @HummelsSmythe You can add games that you have previously started for example if i half done a game such as lets say  uncharted lost legacy and i stopped for whatever reason you can use that save and pick up where you left of and not have to start a new save/ playthrough. for the second question of course you can add games you own whether or not you have them loaded on your ps4/3/vita. for the trilogy and collections like that they will count as seperate games for example if you want to put the jax and daxter trilogy in that will count as 3 games so will take 3 slots, hopefully that makes sense any more questions please ask and i look forward to seeing you list.

Ok, updated list, finally took a few steps forward!

Level 1

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4

Level 2

Knack

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Level 3

Minecraft Dungeons

Detroit Become Human

One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows

Level 4

FFVIII

Kingdom Hearts 3

Dragon Quest Heroes 2

The Last of Us 2

Level 5

RDR2

Dragon Quest XI

Star Ocean: The Last Hope Remastered

Final Fantasy XV

Persona 5

• Like 1

Thank you so much @arsenal4life1471, I know they seemed like dumb question, but I always want to make sure I respect the rules! Last question: let's say I finish my Level 1 game, I go to Level 2, right? After I finish my first Level 2 game, do I need to finish the other one to go to Level 3 or can I decide to pick one from Level 3, and then after that one from Level 4, and in the end I go back to Level 2 and repeat? Or do I need to complete them block by block? It's the last one I promise!

Either way, I'm ready to share my pyramid!

Level 1

Final Fantasy XII

Level 2

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Trials of Mana

Level 3

Jak II (PS4)

Final Fantasy VIII

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS4)

Level 4

Jak 3 (PS4)

Final Fantasy X-2

Far Cry V

Medievil

Level 5

Dragon Quest XI

Bayonetta

Fallout 4

Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS3)

The Last Of Us Remastered

Edited by HummelsSmythe
accidentally put a game I had already finished
  • Like 2

@HummelsSmythe its up to you you can complete both level 2 games then do 3 or one on 2 then on to 3 

for example i did a game on level 3 then 4 then back to 3 before doing 5 
ALso remember you dont have to platinum just a playthrough of the story mode or equivalent mode is enough to tick of your list 

Edited by arsenal4life1471
  • Like 1

UPDATE: I have to say this challenge is one of the best I've done! Probably because it's about finishing the games but I'm also getting trophies from them so I might platinum later! Either way, it made me finish Final Fantasy XII, which I was really close to finish but left in complete for six months, and now I'm halfway through Uncharted TLG. Loving it!

Level 1

Final Fantasy XII

Level 2

Trials of Mana

Level 3

Jak II (PS4)

Final Fantasy VIII

Level 4

Jak 3 (PS4)

Final Fantasy X-2

Far Cry V

Medievil

Level 5

Dragon Quest XI

Bayonetta

Fallout 4

Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS3)

• Like 2

So finally an update from me! I've finally finished my exams, and I currently am free to do anything. I'm going on a little vacation, but I managed to finish the story in Sonic Mania. I'm not sure what I think about it. I didn't really like the life system, and how you have to start from act 1 when you die in a zone, but the bosses were great, and the levels have sooo many different paths so nothing really breaks your flow. 

Might go for 100% at a later time or maybe as a side thing while I'm playing the next game. I think my biggest complaint with the game is that it is mostly New zone --> Act 1 --> Act 2 --> Boss --> Repeat. I had some trouble keeping focus. But now with a new game on the side, I think I will hop in and out and go for those chaos emeralds 

One of the reasons this playthrough took so long (besides the exams) is that I started playing The LEGO Ninjago game, from when it was free - I really felt that LEGO itch, and I love completing lego games, so I ended up getting the platinum, setting the pyramid aside for a bit, but now I'm back in buisness. 

The next game I'm going for is Bastion on Level 4, I have been looking at this for some time now, and I can't wait to dive in actually

My Pyramid:

✅ = Completed 100% or Platinum

Anything else crossed over is story completion

LEVEL 1: 

Trine 2: Complete Story (PS4) (Completed + Platinum) 

LEVEL 2:

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition (PS4)

Celeste (PS4) (Completed + Platinum) 

LEVEL 3:

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (PS4)

Oninaki (PS4)

Sonic Mania (PS4) (Completed Story) 

LEVEL 4:

Salt And Sanctuary (PS4)

Bastion (PS4) - Starting Soon

Titan Souls (PS4)

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4)

LEVEL 5:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)

Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4)

Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls (PS4)

Mad Max (PS4)

Hollow Knight (PS4)

If anyone has any recommendations on which game I should do next I'm open for suggestions, since every game on my pyramid will be available to play after completing Bastion. Hope you're all doing well. I see some of you almost completed your pyramids, so I guess I have a little catching up to do, also to play all these great games

(Edit - Spelling -_-)

Edited by MikkelEhlers
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, MikkelEhlers said:

So finally an update from me! I've finally finished my exams, and I currently am free to do anything. I'm going on a little vacation, but I managed to finish the story in Sonic Mania. I'm not sure what I think about it. I didn't really like the life system, and how you have to start from act 1 when you die in a zone, but the bosses were great, and the levels have sooo many different paths so nothing really breaks your flow. 

Might go for 100% at a later time or maybe as a side thing while I'm playing the next game. I think my biggest complaint with the game is that it is mostly New zone --> Act 1 --> Act 2 --> Boss --> Repeat. I had some trouble keeping focus. But now with a new game on the side, I think I will hop in and out and go for those chaos emeralds 

One of the reasons this playthrough took so long (besides the exams) is that I started playing The LEGO Ninjago game, from when it was free - I really felt that LEGO itch, and I love completing lego games, so I ended up getting the platinum, setting the pyramid aside for a bit, but now I'm back in buisness. 

The next game I'm going for is Bastion on Level 4, I have been looking at this for some time now, and I can't wait to dive in actually

My Pyramid:

2705.pngCompleted 100% or Platinum

Anything else crossed over is story completion

LEVEL 1: 2705.png

Trine 2: Complete Story (PS4) (Completed + Platinum) 2705.png

LEVEL 2:

Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition (PS4)

Celeste (PS4) (Completed + Platinum) 2705.png

LEVEL 3:

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (PS4)

Oninaki (PS4)

Sonic Mania (PS4) (Completed Story) 

LEVEL 4:

Salt And Sanctuary (PS4)

Bastion (PS4) - Starting Soon

Titan Souls (PS4)

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4)

LEVEL 5:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)

Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4)

Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls (PS4)

Mad Max (PS4)

Hollow Knight (PS4)

If anyone has any recommendations on which game I should do next I'm open for suggestions, since every game on my pyramid will be available to play after completing Bastion. Hope you're all doing well. I see some of you almost completed your pyramids, so I guess I have a little catching up to do, also to play all these great games

(Edit - Spelling -_-)

I'm a big fan of both Divinity: Original Sin and Diablo 3.  Those are the only 2 games that I've played on your list, so I'd probably end up choosing D3 out of those 2!  Congrats on finishing your exams, I hope they went well!

I managed to complete Uncharted: The Lost Legacy over the weekend ? (I was at Chapter 4 before) with all collectibles as well! Now, not sure if I should do Trials of Mana next or one of the games from Level 3! I'll think it over! 

Level 1

Final Fantasy XII

Level 2

Trials of Mana

Level 3

Jak II (PS4)

Final Fantasy VIII

Level 4

Jak 3 (PS4)

Final Fantasy X-2

Far Cry V

Medievil

Level 5

Dragon Quest XI

Bayonetta

Fallout 4

Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS3)

• Like 3

nice one @HummelsSmythe i enjoyed uncharted lost legacy its a great game for uncharted fans i feel it as good as 4. A suggestion for your next game : if your still in the uncharted mood drakes fortune is a great game i feel maybe not fluid as the later series but at its core its a good game and itches that uncharted itch. for me the series goes 2,3,lost legacy,4,1, golden abyss. Also the jak and daxter games are good too. 

• Like 1

I'm currently working my way through Persona 5 and I've made it past the date progress of my old save, so things are going well there!  Great game!  I've also been working on a game called Rogue Aces, which is so fun!  I definitely recommend it as one of those games that you can play when you don't have a lot of time but want to do something fun!  Started knocking out the trophies on Minecraft too!  And I finished off the platinum for Job Simulator finally!  I also finally started playing the God of War series that I've been meaning to try for ages!  Started playing the very first one and it's pretty fun so far.  So it was a busy weekend but I had a lot of fun!  Oh man, I also need to finish off Spiderman before July 7th when it gets removed from the Playstation Now game list!  So much to do!

16 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

nice one @HummelsSmythe i enjoyed uncharted lost legacy its a great game for uncharted fans i feel it as good as 4. A suggestion for your next game : if your still in the uncharted mood drakes fortune is a great game i feel maybe not fluid as the later series but at its core its a good game and itches that uncharted itch. for me the series goes 2,3,lost legacy,4,1, golden abyss. Also the jak and daxter games are good too. 

Yes! I think I'm going to follow your suggestion and jump to Level 3 Uncharted! I've actually finished the game on PS3 back in the day but it was on my old account! Either way, I agree about The Lost Legacy being as good as 4! It's only a bit too short, I wish it lasted longer!

• Like 1

@gazdavis11 nice one keep it up!
@HummelsSmythe i quite like it being a bit short compared to number 4 that might be the fact i had recently just played 4 and lost legacy is just 4 again with a different story. when you get around to it i would strongly suggest far cry 5 i loved every minute of that got the platinum too @hittheroadbuckywould agree with me. 

Edited by arsenal4life1471

My backlog is a mess. So a casual backlog event is exactly what I need!

Here's my pyramid - it is going to be exclusively cleanup for things I've already started because that will make starting new games later feel much better!
I may shuffle a few things as I go, so I can double-dip with other events :D

Level 1

Hitman 2 • Additional Expansions - PS4 ✅ Completed July 2nd
have 100%'d the original game; working on the newer DLCs

Level 2

Idle Champions - PS4
This is a game that mostly plays itself, but still has 100+ hours of grind and is somewhat time-gated, so gonna finish the other at this level, and work on this in the background as I move down the levels.

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns - PS3 :platinum: Completed July 10th
Started 2014, finished story last month, gonna aim to plat' it this month - it's long-overdue!

Level 3

Unravel - PS4
Started this one ages ago, got one trophy, and moved on. Cleaned up a little last week, but have a few final trophies to clean up

FFVII: Remake - PS4
Finished my casual playthrough, now got hard mode and a few other things to clean up.
Shadow of the Colossus - PS4 ✅ Completed the story, lots to go for plat but gonna tick this off here for now.
Started this one ages ago, and never finished.

Level 4

Kingdom Hearts 3 - PS4
Got the platinum for this, but haven't gotten around to playing the ReMind DLC. I think the DLC requires another playthrough of the main game though so it might take a bit and those data battles are never easy.
Persona 5 Royal - PS4
I got distracted from this because I for FFVII: R at around the same time. So should really work on finishing it off.
Okami HD - PS3
Such a charming game. I don't know why I didn't finish it. :(
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - PS3
Started but didn't get very far back in 2013. Something else stole my attention.

Level 5
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - PS3
Same reason as Okami! It deserves more attention. Also I couldn't not put this in Level 5, ;)
Danganronpa 1・2 Reload - PS4
I played through 1, and started 2 right after which I think lead to burn out.
Final Fantasy X-2 HD - PS4
I started with a guide because I knew from PS2 how annoying getting 100% is. I missed a step and lost 0.2% which made me lose motivation. Gonna try again guide-free and accept I'll need 2+ playthroughs.
Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4
This didn't hook me, but deserves another go.
Batman Arkham Asylum - PS3
I don't know why I never finished this.

Edited by Mr-ttaM
Checked off Shadow of the Colossus
  • Like 3

Ahh yes, a perfect challenge for my slowly forever growing backlog. I'm in this.

-----

Level 1:

Final Fantasy VII Remake - Current Progress @ 57% 

Level 2:

Tekken 7

Rocket League 

Level 3:

Erica 

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Level 4:

Final Fantasy X HD - Current Progress @ 84%

Final Fantasy X-2 HD - Current Progress @ 28%

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour - Current Progress @ 36%

Ratchet & Clank

Level 5:

Nier Automata

Days Gone

Final Fantasy XV

Watch Dogs 2

Samurai Warriors 4 Empires

• Like 3

On 28.6.2020 at 10:59 AM, FFATMA said:

I'm a big fan of both Divinity: Original Sin and Diablo 3.  Those are the only 2 games that I've played on your list, so I'd probably end up choosing D3 out of those 2!  Congrats on finishing your exams, I hope they went well!

Think I’ll go for Diablo 3 next then, have been saving it for a long time now, but I think its actually the perfect time to start it. 
And thanks I passed all of them so thats great. And also thanks for the recommendations ?

• Like 1

Welcome @Rello-Evante and @Mr-ttaM glad for you to join. Just to reiterate  this backlog event is casual so you dont have to platinum the game to tick it off all you have to do is do a playthrough and that counts as complete in this event. However as its casual you can wait to tick it off once you platinum the game if you want i dont mind. I look forward to seeing your journey and see your name go up the leaderboard (located in the first post).

• Like 1

Update from my free day from work! ? Completed Uncharted and Final Fantasy X-2! Not sure where to move next!

Level 1

Final Fantasy XII

Level 2

Trials of Mana

Level 3

Jak II (PS4)

Final Fantasy VIII

Level 4

Jak 3 (PS4)

Final Fantasy X-2

Far Cry V

Medievil

Level 5

Dragon Quest XI

Bayonetta

Fallout 4

Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS3)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FFATMA said:

The Last of Us!  The Last of Us!  The Last of Us!

I may be a bit biased, as it's one of my favorite ever games.  1f604.png

My initial position was to leave TLOUS and Fallout 4 for last because even though I started them, I made little progress, so I wanted to start them back from the top and enjoy them fully!

• Like 1