SMB3 Trophy Thoughts?

All good right up until the Ego 80 and Ego 99 trophies. 

The convoluted (and tedious) way you upgraded your players in the first game prevented me from beating in on Ego 80. I skipped the second game entirely because of that, and looks like I'll be skipping this one, too. Plus, these games are priced too high for my tastes. 

There hasn't been a good arcade baseball game in AGES. 

• Like 1

The list looks pretty similar to SMB2. #Ego99 is very tough and I'm guessing this one won't have the easy workaround that SMB2 had for a little while until patch 1.02. At release you could build up a huge lead on a low ego level, and then with 2 outs in the 9th inning switch to Ego 99 and finish the game for the trophy. After the patch you had to play an entire game at 99 Ego.

The other semi difficult trophy will be SMB3 Season Master. But as with the previous games just remember it's only an average of Ego 80. I believe the shortest season length is 16 games. You should be able to make the playoffs with a 9-7 record. Lose the 7 games at 99 ego (you can quit out right away after starting each game), and then win the games at 67 Ego. The playoffs also count towards the overall Ego average so you would have to go 2-1 in each series. The total for the season would be 13 wins at 67 ego, and 9 losses at 99 ego. Just remember to upload your saved data to the PS+ Cloud after each win in case you were to lose any game you needed to win.

• Like 3

This may be a platinum that literally no one gets.  Ego 99 is even more difficult than last year and no workaround.  The season ego 80 trophy will be hard.  

Star Studded offense is currently glitched and a few others will be a huge grind.