Vita Trick: Risky or safe?

VoidVictorious

I've posted this in the other thread but I'll quickly do it here.  

1. Format your vita

2. Sign in with your alt/ friends account

3. Set up your email app with the appropriate email.  

4. Download the games you want,  btw I'd love to get hold of plants vs zombies on the vita. 

5. Turn wifi off. 

6. Complete game.  

7. Close all apps and turn wifi on.  

8. Open email and do the switch trick.  

If there are any online trophies I'd suggest to do them first,  probably before step 5. 

I've done it this way for ages now and never screwed it up.  The online method I did,  think it was midnight deluxe.  Got about half way, synced trophies  took a break, but it wasn't 24 hour break.   Then completed the game but the latter half of trophies synched to my alt. Take a look at closertimhongkongs account.  

Luckily it wasn't my main.  

When do you sync? Also does the offline order and time stamps stay the same?

9 minutes ago, closertim said:

I've posted this in the other thread but I'll quickly do it here.  

1. Format your vita

2. Sign in with your alt/ friends account

3. Set up your email app with the appropriate email.  

4. Download the games you want,  btw I'd love to get hold of plants vs zombies on the vita. 

5. Turn wifi off. 

6. Complete game.  

7. Close all apps and turn wifi on.  

8. Open email and do the switch trick.  

If there are any online trophies I'd suggest to do them first,  probably before step 5. 

I've done it this way for ages now and never screwed it up.  The online method I did,  think it was midnight deluxe.  Got about half way, synced trophies  took a break, but it wasn't 24 hour break.   Then completed the game but the latter half of trophies synched to my alt. Take a look at closertimhongkongs account.  

Luckily it wasn't my main.  

39 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

When do you sync? Also does the offline order and time stamps stay the same?

You only sync after the platinum. Well that's what I do.  

As for the timestamps,  yes they do.  

The only way to screw this way up is if you accidentally sync a few trophies onto the alt first by either having wifi on when you shouldn't,  or if you have the trophies app open when you shouldn't when doing the email switch trick.  I suppose if the alt has ps plus then the trophies could auto sync, but having the wifi off should never let this happen.  

just sync the whole trophy list and plat at once and u will be fine. the only problem with this trick is that u sync some of the trophies in ur alt account by accident and the rest of the list to ur main .the trick itself doesn't affect ur timestamp and is not glitchy.

2 hours ago, Hamzeh_Yz said:

just sync the whole trophy list and plat at once and u will be fine. the only problem with this trick is that u sync some of the trophies in ur alt account by accident and the rest of the list to ur main .the trick itself doesn't affect ur timestamp and is not glitchy.

How can you avoid syncing some to the alt?

2 hours ago, closertim said:

You only sync after the platinum. Well that's what I do.  

As for the timestamps,  yes they do.  

The only way to screw this way up is if you accidentally sync a few trophies onto the alt first by either having wifi on when you shouldn't,  or if you have the trophies app open when you shouldn't when doing the email switch trick.  I suppose if the alt has ps plus then the trophies could auto sync, but having the wifi off should never let this happen.  

So you never do the online method?

6 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

Also worth noting is that don't believe everything said in the dispute forum. People would say anything to appear innocent.

Have you had personal experience with this?

14 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Can’t you just redo the trick? If you do it offline, how do you make sure it doesn’t jumble things?

I've have read that you can redo the trick but personally I haven't.  

If you follow the instructions to a tee nothing goes wrong.  Just my experience.  Once you do it once you get more confident in doing it.  

I'll give you my tips when doing it.  

1. After finishing the games close all apps. 

2. Turn on wifi

3. Open email and do the trick

4. Leave the email app open , if you close it it screws it over

5. Go to settings,  account management and if you're signed in,  sign out, then back in.  If you were signed out, sign in,  then back out then back in.  

6. Open your trophies app, making sure the tab stays on this system,  and not psn or online.  I forget what it says.  You should get a trophies restored message. 

7. Close the trophies app. 

8. Switch back to the email and do the trick back to your alt. 

9. Go to trophies app, it normally auto syncs to your main amount.  

Easy peasy

14 hours ago, closertim said:

I've have read that you can redo the trick but personally I haven't.  

If you follow the instructions to a tee nothing goes wrong.  Just my experience.  Once you do it once you get more confident in doing it.  

I'll give you my tips when doing it.  

1. After finishing the games close all apps. 

2. Turn on wifi

3. Open email and do the trick

4. Leave the email app open , if you close it it screws it over

5. Go to settings,  account management and if you're signed in,  sign out, then back in.  If you were signed out, sign in,  then back out then back in.  

6. Open your trophies app, making sure the tab stays on this system,  and not psn or online.  I forget what it says.  You should get a trophies restored message. 

7. Close the trophies app. 

8. Switch back to the email and do the trick back to your alt. 

9. Go to trophies app, it normally auto syncs to your main amount.  

Easy peasy

So it seems there are two main methods playing online on your own account with the trick or playing on the account holder’s account with the game offline and then transferring it to the main. If people could give me a heads up about which one of these has personally caused them problems, that would be awesome! Tim, is yours the second of those two methods?

the more you will ask and complicate things the more you will fuck this up :P

its really really simple.. i dont even know how did people get bad time stamps with this trick

just do it the way i did it (my video) and not just 101% i can guarantee you 10001% it will be fine.. but i cant guarantee you the alt acc wont get messed up if something goes wrong..

look i am doing it on my acc since years now and even when my vita froze and internet went down for hours and i also messed up shit in between.. nothing went wrong on my account.. because iam playing on my main.. not offline and not on the alt

if you want to play it safe because the game is more than 15hours then just  play as much as you can.. sync.. back up save to ps+ and format the vita and the next day re do the trick which takes 5~10mins only...

if your still scared test it on a dummy account 1st..

if your not sure all together then just forget it.. because you know the more you fear and sweat over this the higher chance you got to mess it up..

believe in your self and just do it

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hakoom said:

the more you will ask and complicate things the more you will fuck this up :P

its really really simple.. i dont even know how did people get bad time stamps with this trick

just do it the way i did it (my video) and not just 101% i can guarantee you 10001% it will be fine.. but i cant guarantee you the alt acc wont get messed up if something goes wrong..

look i am doing it on my acc since years now and even when my vita froze and internet went down for hours and i also messed up shit in between.. nothing went wrong on my account.. because iam playing on my main.. not offline and not on the alt

if you want to play it safe because the game is more than 15hours then just  play as much as you can.. sync.. back up save to ps+ and format the vita and the next day re do the trick which takes 5~10mins only...

if your still scared test it on a dummy account 1st..

if your not sure all together then just forget it.. because you know the more you fear and sweat over this the higher chance you got to mess it up..

believe in your self and just do it

So what you’re stating is that the alternate account is the only one at any risk at all? There is 0% chance of anything happening to my main?

2 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

So what you’re stating is that the alternate account is the only one at any risk at all? There is 0% chance of anything happening to my main?

yes the alt acc is the only acc that could get messed up "if" something goes wrong which wont with my way

your account has a 0% chance to get messed up using my trick

like i said why not test it on an alt acc 1st?

1 hour ago, Hakoom said:

yes the alt acc is the only acc that could get messed up "if" something goes wrong which wont with my way

your account has a 0% chance to get messed up using my trick

like i said why not test it on an alt acc 1st?

That’s a good idea. Do you have a written guide to accompany your video?

6 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

That’s a good idea. Do you have a written guide to accompany your video?

i will make it as simple as possible

do these steps in the order i write them and dont do any step out of order

after setting up your vita with the alt acc and you are on the menu

setup email and open the email

click the icon to start the glitch and once you do it put your main acc details

go to settings log in log out log in

(optional) change power off settings to 30mins 

go back to the glitch email menu and repeat but this time put the alt acc details

go to the trophies and click psn tab and here it should show your acc if all worked correctly

go to psn store and download the game

play it

things you shouldnt do

never download the game 1st

never go to settings after you log in log out log in

On 12/05/2020 at 0:25 AM, VoidVictorious said:

So it seems there are two main methods playing online on your own account with the trick or playing on the account holder’s account with the game offline and then transferring it to the main. If people could give me a heads up about which one of these has personally caused them problems, that would be awesome! Tim, is yours the second of those two methods?

Yes, my method is the offline method.  I only do it that way because once the online way screwed me over but only my alt got messed up.  I do the offline method so I can download 3 games at a time,  and I like to take my time in a game.  Eg, half an hour in bed before sleep or something.  And the last reason is I take my vita to work which has no wifi so I don't think the online method would work.  If you're careful , nothing will go wrong.  Just try it on a dummy account first.  

I was sceptical at first but after the first try,  which I followed hakooms YouTube video you realise how easy it is.  

Edited by closertim

On 5/10/2020 at 8:11 AM, VoidVictorious said:

Nope, I actually have that one. It’s a bit embarrassing. It’s not an easy completion just one that is delisted.

It's going to be on your account eventually anyway, right? Just tell us.

Knowing the game means you can get an answer from someone who played it.

Edited by mako-heart

1 hour ago, Property_Damage said:

1 hour ago, Hakoom said:

i will make it as simple as possible

do these steps in the order i write them and dont do any step out of order

after setting up your vita with the alt acc and you are on the menu

setup email and open the email

click the icon to start the glitch and once you do it put your main acc details

go to settings log in log out log in

(optional) change power off settings to 30mins 

go back to the glitch email menu and repeat but this time put the alt acc details

go to the trophies and click psn tab and here it should show your acc if all worked correctly

go to psn store and download the game

play it

things you shouldnt do

never download the game 1st

never go to settings after you log in log out log in

Does it matter if the alt account has trophies unlocked?

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 1

Sony don't do anything about people with hacked Trophies or Trophy time stamps out of order. It's only on this website you would be flagged but not by Sony. It's Microsoft on the Xbox that ban people for hacked Achievements etc. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

1 minute ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Sony don't do anything about people with hacked Trophies or Trophy time stamps out of order. It's only on this website you would be flagged but not by Sony. It's Microsoft on the Xbox that ban people for hacked Achievements etc. 

I’m not worried about getting banned. I’m worried about missing time stamps and out of order trophies because it looks strange.