The Fox's Den | Design Showcase

RHGSniperFox

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Figured I'd post it here - I should really update this thread :|.

Anyway, for those who don't know - I'm gonna be out of town for about a week, starting tomorrow.

Heading out to Universal Studios [Orlando] with family [A MUCH needed vacation], and probably the MOSI museum as well. I'll be back, for sure, next Sunday - Saturday at the earliest.

This means I won't exactly be available for any requests - however, don't be afraid to PM me one - I'll get to it when I get back.

Regards

- Fox

Figured I'd post it here - I should really update this thread :|.

Anyway, for those who don't know - I'm gonna be out of town for about a week, starting tomorrow.

Heading out to Universal Studios [Orlando] with family [A MUCH needed vacation], and probably the MOSI museum as well. I'll be back, for sure, next Sunday - Saturday at the earliest.

This means I won't exactly be available for any requests - however, don't be afraid to PM me one - I'll get to it when I get back.

Regards

- Fox

Have fun Fox.... :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Minor update to the thread: Fixed the tagwall. Imageshack really sucks :/. Gonna use minus.com to host my large images from now on.

Now, on to the far more important stuff - I'm selling some of my fractal art as iPhone & iPod cases in an attempt to raise money to replace this POS computer I have:

Attention iPhone/iPod owners -

So, I did the math and I need to sell roughly 70 of these cases to be able to replace this PC. If you or someone you know may be interested in purchasing any of my fractal art as a case for you iPhone 4/4S, 3GS or iPod Touch 4, take a look [sorry Droid users, RedBubble doesn't offer cases for other smartphones :(].

If you [Or anyone you share it with] see anything in my gallery that you'd want as a case, let me know, and I'll try to get it converted to the site's specifications.

Prices are as follows:

iPhone 4/4S [Deflector], iPod Touch 4G [Capsule] - $37.20 [uSD]

iPhone 4/4S [Capsule], iPhone 3GS [Capsule] - $42.54 [uSD]

Information about the cases can be found on the product page.

Thank you for your time :), and please, spread the word if you know anyone who might be interested. Thanks!

Gallery: iPhone/iPod Cases by James Headrick | REDBUBBLE

DROID Versions available through ZAZZLE!

There's only three available at the moment, but more will be added over time.

Regards,

Fox

Edited by LegendaryWolf

• 2 months later...
67c7f1b492bd4a478f6e3c7e438b29a9-d5p58by

DOWNLOAD NOW!

So, it's almost Christmas, and I'm in a giving mood. So, I decided to try and put together a resource pack for my fellow GFX people [GFX meaning signature design and the like].

Included in this pack are the normal items - a few signature PSDs [my own], a few C4D renders [Wireframes, effect, etc. All my own], a couple vector flourishes [My own as well], a few dozen fonts [royalty free], for the Windows users out there, there is an extension that will allow you to view PSD thumbnails directly in Windows' Explorer - no more need to use Bridge or another program.

There's also a guide that I wrote up for a nice little trick regarding the install of fonts, brushes and styles. It's written as an HTML webpage for easy viewing and navigation.

Not listed on the preview, as I forgot I included them - every layer style I've ever created.

So, without much further ado, go ahead and hit that "Download" link, and check it out!

Edited by RHG-SniperFox
Fixed link - switched to deviantART source.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 11 months later...

I know I haven't been active here very much. You're going to see why soon.

Newest Reviews: Alienation, Driveclub

7jguk7Ml.png

Link: [Review] Driveclub - ReviewHaven

After various delays, a rocky start and 2 years worth of updates and add-ons – how does Driveclub fare in the realm of racing games?

Read more: [Review] Driveclub - ReviewHaven

PrPlNyrl.png

Link: [Review] Alienation - ReviewHaven

Housemarque – known for Dead Nation, Super Stardust & Resogun – are back with another outing on the PS4, “Alienation“. How does it fare?

Read more: [Review] Alienation - ReviewHaven

Up next:

Newest Shops: DesignbyHumans & Curioos

Recently - within the last few months - I was approached by recruiters for both DesignByHumans and Curioos. I was invited to join these sites and open up shops there.

So, I did.

DesignByHumans ( VENOMGRAPHICS's Design By Humans Collective Store ) currently houses the A M P Series, so there's a 3rd option now for purchasing those prints. I may move my shirts there if I still have the source files.

Curioos ( https://www.curioos.com/venomgraphics ), on the other hand, houses exclusive work (With the exception of the Vicarious print). 99% of the work that goes there will be entirely exclusive to that shop. Partially due to Curioos having very different requirements for uploading than other places, but mostly because Curioos is geared towards high-end, gallery quality wall art - so I want to pay that respect.

I'll still be posting to Society6 and Redbubble sometimes.

Newest Works - Redbubble & Curioos

Too many to really list here, but I'll link them!

New Works On Redbubble

N E M E S I S - Grand Julian Fractal Print: "Nemesis Grand Julian Fractal" Framed Prints by James Headrick | Redbubble [View on Behance: https://www.behance.net/gallery/40747273/Nemesis-Grand-Julian-Fractal-Print ]
Vermilion Gym Vintage Tee - "Vermilion City Gym Vintage Tee" T-Shirts & Hoodies by James Headrick | Redbubble
Apotheosis - Journey-Inspired Plastic Fractal Print: "Apotheosis - Journey-Inspired Plastic Fractal" Art Prints by James Headrick | Redbubble
Lilies II - Floral Fractal Field Print: "Lilies II - Floral Field Fractal" Art Prints by James Headrick | Redbubble
Spark of Madness - 3D Typography Print: "Spark of Madness - 3D Typography" Art Prints by James Headrick | Redbubble

New Works On Curioos

Nascence: https://www.curioos.com/product/print/nascence
Citadel: https://www.curioos.com/product/print/citadel
Vicarious: https://www.curioos.com/product/print/vicarious--grand-julian-fractal
Breathing Underwater: https://www.curioos.com/product/print/breathing-underwater
Angelic: https://www.curioos.com/product/print/angelic-0-low-poly-3d-abstract [View on Behance: https://www.behance.net/gallery/44220263/Angelic-Low-Poly-3D-Abstract ]

Newest Playthrough(s): Resident Evil HD & Resident Evil 4 [#HalloweenHavoc]

y5j9GNKh.png

Playlist: Halloween Havoc 2016 // Resident Evil HD

Completed.

K9zQhRnh.png

Playlist: Halloween Havoc 2016 // Resident Evil HD

Recording/Editing done. Uploading the last parts as I write this. Concludes on October 31st.

VenomGraphics + ReviewHaven on Patreon

This is the big update. The most important one.

I recently opened up a Patreon account - right here - so that the people who really like my work, could also help support it.

After all, 3D modeling/rendering, video editing and fractal art tends to require a pretty beefy rig. And beefy rigs cost money. If I'm going to keep doing this - I have to try and start making something off of it. Rent. Food. Upgrades. These things are expensive.

On top of that, stressing about money on top of doing the work of around 5 people [Creating the art/videos, editing the work/videos, uploading and scheduling the work/videos, writing reviews, contacting PR, and advertising the work/videos [Posting to various outlets, like Twitter, etc.] isn't exactly fun.

It's a lot of work to keep things running with any kind of schedule/regularity. And the fact that my PC is old doesn't help matters.

So, I started up the Patreon to try and alleviate at least a little bit of that stress. It's not really doing anything right now - honestly, it's sort of acting like just another place to have to post to - but I'm hoping that changes soon.

You can read more about what my goals are with it on the Patreon page itself. The thing to keep in mind - the most important tidbit - I'm treating this like a tip jar more than anything. Personally, I'd rather make money from my artwork and my channel. That said, the Patreon can help with that as well by allowing me to not only upgrade my tools, but also get advertising for my shops and services.

So, even if you can't donate - you can still help out by sharing it and spreading the word. The more people that know about it, the more of a chance I have of it actually being successful.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So this is a post that I legit hate making.

My PC is pretty much dead now. I'm trying one last ditch effort to reinstall Windows in the hopes that I can salvage it, but if that doesn't work, then it's dead in the water.

That why I'm reaching out. You may have seen in my signature that I have a post over on Patreon detailing ways to help replace the old relic. Well, now it's more important than ever.

I've made a new post on Patreon that you can read here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/8375381

However, I'm also going to more or less copy/paste it right here.

That time has arrived - my ancient relic of a rig is now kaput.

Nothing I've tried has revived it - either something got corrupted on a recent boot, or some install went bad - I don't know.

But the PC will not boot. Advanced Repair did nothing - the boot just stayed on a black screen, infinitely loading.

I tried to do a system restore - it failed.

I tried to do a reset, twice - both failed.

I'm trying one last thing - creating a bootable USB drive and reinstalling Windows from it.

If that doesn't work - then there really isn't anything else I can do. I will flat out need to replace the PC. No ifs, ands or buts.

And that means no new content. No new playthroughs. No new reviews. No new fractals, 3d abstracts, motion graphic projects - nothing.

Nothing for a long time.

Now, on the ReviewHaven side of things - I have some videos still scheduled to post. Final Fantasy XV will continue to post every Wednesday, up until April 19th. Final Fantasy XIII-2 will continue to post every Friday, up until August 25th.

So, I have about 5 or so months worth of content that will still go up on the channel ( FFXV will be up to part 18, XIII-2 is up to part 27 - I never got to get around to recording the end ).

I still have a laptop that I can use to reply to e-mails/messages and update things like Patreon. But that's all I can do with it.

Sunday Slugfest will be on indefinite hiatus until I can get this fixed.

VenomGraphics will also be on hiatus - no new projects will be available on RedBubble, Curioos, DesignbyHumans or anywhere else. I won't have a way to create anything if this last ditch effort doesn't work out.

Even if it does work out - this kind of thing is just going to keep happening more and more as time goes on. These parts are failing. they won't last much longer.

If you want to help out - if you've enjoyed my playthroughs, or the art I've created - then you can do so by either making a pledge here on Patreon- any amount is fine.

Even just $1.

Anyone who pledges or donates between now and whenever I get the PC replaced ( If they want ) will receive special mention in the next video. I can't offer much else than gratitude - if I could, I likely wouldn't be in this position in the first place :P

If you're perhaps curious about what the money will be going towards exactly, you can check the Newegg Wishlist right here: https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=19090834 

Now - items on that wishlist may fluctuate in price, or be removed/replaced because they go out of stock/get delisted, but that is the general idea and cost of what I'm in need of.

As of right now, the cost is $1,392.71 - literally as of this writing.

Keep in mind, donating is not the only way to help. You can also help by making any purchase from any one of my 4 shops - Curioos, Redbubble, DesignbyHumans or Society6.

All of those links are available on the original post here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/in-bind-rh-vg-pc-7980900 

You can also help by simply spreading the word - seriously, the sharing of a post can have a massive, massive impact - so share away, guys!

I'd really rather not give up on everything I've been working so hard over the last few years to build up.

If you can help, in any capacity, please do!

Thanks guys!

So yeah - I'm not expecting a ton to come from this, but I'm sharing it everywhere I can.

If anyone here can help out - either by making a donation, or just sharing either of the Patreon posts, it'd be greatly appreciated. Like I said in the original - I'd really rather not have to give up on what I do.

Quick edit: I so rarely use PayPal outside of my debit card or direct payments, I forgot they had a dedicated donation link as well.

If someone just wants to donate directly - you can do that here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MKAAV2WSYM6PJ

Edited by RHG-SniperFox
Adding in PayPal donation route.