IKEMENZI

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

You clearly got through the first half of my sentence but seemed to have stopped there. Suggestions for solutions is what the rest of the sentence read. 

Yes I did read through the whole thing. The solutions are there because other sites seem to have it sorted fine. The issue is the only people that can fix it aren't taking the time to do it.

• Like 1

I believe I read a reply from Sly that he had an idea to fetch trophy data by each platform instead of grabbing all platforms at once. I have not yet tested this myself so I don't know if it actually works or not for ikemenzi. But this might be how other site's have done it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ragowit said:

I believe I read a reply from Sly that he had an idea to fetch trophy data by each platform instead of grabbing all platforms at once. I have not yet tested this myself so I don't know if it actually works or not for ikemenzi. But this might be how other site's have done it.

Thanks everyone for the discussion.
TrueTrophies also failed to update the trophy at the same time.
When I contacted, it was resolved.
But for a while, only the vita game wasn't updated.
I think changed it to update for each platforms.

I just tried in my development environment to fetch ikemenzi's trophies by platform instead of trying to grab trophies from all platforms at once. So far in my little test case so haven't I had a problem once. So this seems to be one way to solve it. Again, I have just tried it a few times so far so I might have just been lucky.

• Like 3

This is probably caused due to the fact that they are trying to retrieve too many records at once. Sony has most likely a build-in 'security' which prevents that there are x amount of requests to the database at once. Fetching it 'by platform' sounds like a temporary solution. They should consider creating a fallback for retrieving data in multiple requests whenever a user has more than a specific amount of games.

But I believe the amount of requests this site can do is limited. Which may results in the fact that Sly doesn't want to fire 5 different requests for only one user. The solution for this issue is not out of reach. Sony probably doesn't fix it on their side because of the build-in security. Maybe when enough people will reach that amount of games, they will adjust it on their side.

The fact that this is not fixed after 3 months just confirms to me that I shouldn't become a Premium Member. The site lacks maintanance.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

The fact that this is not fixed after 3 months just confirms to me that I shouldn't become a Premium Member. The site lacks maintanance.

I was a Premium Member once and I saw no real benefit from it, I don't recommend wasting your money on that in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

This is probably caused due to the fact that they are trying to retrieve too many records at once. Sony has most likely a build-in 'security' which prevents that there are x amount of requests to the database at once. Fetching it 'by platform' sounds like a temporary solution. They should consider creating a fallback for retrieving data in multiple requests whenever a user has more than a specific amount of games.

But I believe the amount of requests this site can do is limited. Which may results in the fact that Sly doesn't want to fire 5 different requests for only one user. The solution for this issue is not out of reach. Sony probably doesn't fix it on their side because of the build-in security. Maybe when enough people will reach that amount of games, they will adjust it on their side.

It's really not on me to fix Sony's issues. It appears fixed in their new API so once I get that implemented it'll be fixed here.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, BlakkVulture2K16 said:

I was a Premium Member once and I saw no real benefit from it, I don't recommend wasting your money on that in my opinion.

It's meant to be a little payback for the people setting up this site and keeping it going on.

On topic: Holy cow i saw Ikemenzis profile being updated a few hours ago and he has more than 100 000 trophies? ? and sooooooo many games on this list? I guess it's a fulltime job to getting all these that he has little time to play them? :D good work Inemenzi :)

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sly Ripper said:

It's really not on me to fix Sony's issues. It appears fixed in their new API so once I get that implemented it'll be fixed here.

You don't have to fix Sony's issues. Thing is, Sony probably doesn't see it as an issue right now because there is only one player having a problem with it. But the fact that this is not fixed for a long time by Sony doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be fixed on this site. Especially because one of the benefits of Premium is unlimited updates. He paid for it, but doesn't receive the full service - which obviously sucks for him.

Him paying for a service which he doesn't receive is not the issue of Sony, but yours.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl
  • Like 2