Ultra Rare Offline Platinum Trophies & Recommendations

On 5/20/2020 at 6:00 PM, SleightRocket said:

Idk if I have the grit for this one.... maybe one day. It looks awesome so I can't say I never will. I've always wanted to plat an insanely time consuming JRPG but I think I should start off small, working on Persona, Dragon Quest, & Final Fantasy. (i'm not very acquainted with the genre yet, but everyone starts somewhere)

Those are good titles to start on for sure. If you want to really try a mammoth of a title as Star Ocean Last Hope International then my personal recommendation is the Tales of titles. There are many to choose from, they all have a similar real time battle system but the older the game, the simpler the mechanics behind it. Personally I started with Tales of Symphonia and that's what got me hooked. It was originally a GameCube title so don't expect a lot for visuals but it still plays great. If you have access to a PS3 they did remake it, and with a UR Platinum to. Not horribly hard, does need several playthroughs with planning, and despite that, not a super long plat like Star Ocean. If you just have PS4 then I'd say maybe start with Tales of Berseria. 

• 3 years later...

Yakuza 0 / Kiwami are pretty rare but requires some knowledge of Japanese games like Mahjong for 100% completion. Bendy and the Ink Machine is also surprisingly rare (around 4.00) and is a pretty charming indie horror game.

Outlast 2 is also incredibly rare (1.27%)