Trophy guide is up!

LoveInHell

48 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

I made a trophy guide for Black Desert as I saw there wasn’t one yet on here and the other guides I found were a little outdated. There are also some differences between the PC and PS4 version.

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/10202-black-desert-trophy-guide

The game gets updated quite a lot and its the type of game where new methods are constantly found. If you find something new that can be helpful to the guide then please leave a comment!

Thanks for your hard work Buddy, I'm using this for the future plat =) +1

• Like 1

I decided to post my trophy guide updates on this forum instead of the comments. Whenever a new method is found for a trophy or if something has slightly changed, I will update the guide and post the newly added things to the guide here.

GUIDE UPDATE:

• Recognized By All: Added an additional way on how to get an Advanced Cooking Utensil because of the high requests at the Central Market. I have divided the steps in 3 parts.
  • Derby Horse Trainer: Changed the level up your horse from LVL 12 to LVL 15. Changed the max. horse LVL purchase from LVL 5 to  max. LVL 6. Added an additional tip on how to train faster: merchant wagon. Added a new item that is required: Wagon Registration: Merchant Wagon. Added a WARNING sign as the route on the map can randomly disappear while AFK training.
  • Changed the estimated time to plat from 100-150 hours to 200-250 hours.
Edited by LoveInHell
  • Like 3

Thanks for this, I've been contemplating picking this game up last time it was on sale in my region. but ultimately decided it could be a huge time sink, seeing how other people were framing the fishing trophy and horse trophy. But 250 (while still a long time) is still nowhere near as intimidating for a mmo. solid guide.

• Like 1

On 5-6-2020 at 5:29 AM, Draps-1337 said:

Thanks for this, I've been contemplating picking this game up last time it was on sale in my region. but ultimately decided it could be a huge time sink, seeing how other people were framing the fishing trophy and horse trophy. But 250 (while still a long time) is still nowhere near as intimidating for a mmo. solid guide.

I put 250 hours, this is an estimated time. I will most likely have to crank that up a bit, I’m still working on the plat myself, forgive me. ? The horse training can now take up to almost a full day to level up once (past training level 21) I haven’t started fishing yet, I am currently 7 days (real time) in the game with keeping an eye on the screen, no breaks or interruptions. Been playing on my PSVita while AFK training. For now it will stay on 250 hours but I just want to let you guys know this can change to a larger number.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2020 at 0:08 AM, LoveInHell said:

I put 250 hours, this is an estimated time. I will most likely have to crank that up a bit, I’m still working on the plat myself, forgive me. 1f64f.png The horse training can now take up to almost a full day to level up once (past training level 21) I haven’t started fishing yet, I am currently 7 days (real time) in the game with keeping an eye on the screen, no breaks or interruptions. Been playing on my PSVita while AFK training. For now it will stay on 250 hours but I just want to let you guys know this can change to a larger number.

Ah I see! Still fun though? Good tip on remote play on the vita!

6 hours ago, Draps-1337 said:

Ah I see! Still fun though? Good tip on remote play on the vita!

The AFK farming is a massive bore, you wont even interact with the game at all, only to activate potions again to keep the XP boost. Glad I received my Vita before starting this game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

GUIDE UPDATE:

• Added an additional item to receive extra Life XP for some trophies: Extra Life EXP Scroll, it can be purchased via the Pearl Shop with Loyalty currency. I added this info to Derby Horse Trainer, Firm Machinist and Fishing Guru.

If you had to guesstimate how long is the AFK time for the fishing trophy?

5 minutes ago, ShadowSigmaX said:

If you had to guesstimate how long is the AFK time for the fishing trophy?

Hm, well fishing is going to be the longest time. It levels up slower than the other grindy trophies. Since I'm almost 100 hours in training (level 27) I assume fishing could take up to 300+ hours but I still need to start that trophy. I will obviously change the estimated time of this platinum if fishing does take up that much time (most likely is the case).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for doing a guide^^

Just for reference: It took me pretty much 630 hours to get platinum. I tried to be efficient without playing real money. I did most of the skills afk except spending a few evenings hotspot fishing (it is faster but pretty boring). Fishing alone took me around 300 hours (wild guess, but it takes pretty long)...

On 9/3/2020 at 0:42 PM, MuzzleTea said:

Thanks for doing a guide^^

Just for reference: It took me pretty much 630 hours to get platinum. I tried to be efficient without playing real money. I did most of the skills afk except spending a few evenings hotspot fishing (it is faster but pretty boring). Fishing alone took me around 300 hours (wild guess, but it takes pretty long)...

Ye the plat took me about 640 hours. id say a good range is between 575-700 hours if anyone is interested in going for this

• 3 months later...

Thank you for the estimated time guys! I oddly didn’t get a notification from this. Now I know 6 people that estimate over 500 hours, I will change the time to platinum between 550 and 700 hours.

GUIDE UPDATE:

• Changed the estimated time to platinum to 550-700 hours.

I will also download this game again to keep track of things.
I got a question about if the Shai character still gives the gathering related trophies, I will ask around and hopefully someone can confirm if it still works or not. I can’t test it out because my alt accounts don’t have PS+.

Edited by LoveInHell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm currently writing and testing out new information I received for the Black Desert guide.

The guide will soon be updated!

I will also look into active fishing spots and add the locations to the guide. Alongside with how to obtain a boat etc. Stay tuned. I'll try to be quick. ?

• Like 1

GUIDE UPDATE

Firstly, I noticed that the game has changed it's menu when in a server. Instead of saying "menu with many tabs", the guide now says "Menu".

Secondly, I've added more helpful items to equip or consume in every leveling trophy.

Some items do now have to be purchased with real money instead of Loyalty currency, such as the Extra Life XP scroll in the Pearl shop.

To go to the World Map you now have to press Options then go to Adventure and then press World Map.

To find the Processing menu you now have to press Options then go to Life and then press Processing.

• Derby Horse Trainer: Equip Loggia accessories for extra Life XP. Purchase Secret Book of Old Moon from the Pearl Shop with Loyalty currency for extra life XP for one day (item resets every Monday in the shop).
  • Early Spring Gatherer and Stage 1: Shai method still works as of today, update version 1.82.
  • Recognized By All: Buy at least 10 Advanced Cooking Utensils.
  • Fishing Guru: option to actively fish or not. Active fishing gear and consumables now has a separate list. Added: Balenos Meal, Fruit Wine and Steel Fishing Rod for active fishing. Added Loggia accessories. Added Secret Book of Old Moon. The easiest way is AFK fishing as it requires no effort, active fishing requires effort but has a faster process. You can switch up the 2 methods.
  • Firm Machinist: Added Loggia accessories. Added Secret Book of Old Moon.

Special thanks to @Luneth and @Feyitan for helping out by providing information! I appreciate it. :yay:

I will soon be updating the guide again, providing locations on where to find fishing hotspots (RNG based) and where to catch horses.

• Like 1