Climax battle trouble

HollowedIchigoo

After how long it took to get through these on 0 I’m actually finding these much tougher, I’m struggling just to get past proving grounds 3. Even after watching videos on it, before I’m even able to grab anything I’m already surrounded— does anyone have any hints on how I could get past this?

I know the enemy with the gun is priority, most times I can get him but the biggest problem is Kiryu really likes to grab the air instead of a weapon I’m standing right next to and in that moment I’m again surrounded.

Honestly, I found Kiwami's climax battles much harder than 0's but I still managed to get through them. I would say I am below average in combat in these games and did them all in about 6-7 hours. 

I can't really offer any advice except to follow the video "tutorials" for them and keep at them. Some of the tougher ones took me an hour to do alone. Good luck. 

The only advice I can give you, is to take a break if you feel like nothing working in your favour. We all been there, sometimes game just don't want you to win. I've been working on Climax Battles for sometime and what I found working for me is you either take a break or finish another battle and then try again. Try to grab a sofa and use it as a weapon, while trying to hit as many enemies as you can. If you can't get to weapon fast enough try to run around to force enemies to surround you and then rush to weapon. Worked for me few times. Hope you will get it done! :)

• Like 1

To my own experience the climax battle with the 1-hit gun is the worst ever, made me quit the platinum some time back. Still cant find a way to get past the final room in that trial. I've been thinking about going back and retrying but still putting it on hold. Hate it.

0 and Kiwami 2 platinums were nothing compared to this one.

Edited by Misshandlad

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2020 at 7:32 AM, Misshandlad said:

To my own experience the climax battle with the 1-hit gun is the worst ever, made me quit the platinum some time back. Still cant find a way to get past the final room in that trial. I've been thinking about going back and retrying but still putting it on hold. Hate it.

0 and Kiwami 2 platinums were nothing compared to this one.

Zero, in my opinion comes pretty close in terms of difficulty, but I must throw my hat on this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Proving Grounds were the hardest for me. Mostly because of idiotic requirements and stiff movement. Especially the one with the gun, were camera is just ridiculous. But the trick with fast shooting is really helpful, especially on last guy. 

Melee ones were easier but still some of them were pain in the ass. Especially the first ones. People were saying that Melee 8 is a joke (the one with 30 minutes), but I found it really nice. Just go with the Dragon Style where you can gain health with Heat Moves. Boss was classic, just finish normal enemies and try avoid his bullets. You can even Tiger Drop him. 

Mad Dog and Ultimate ones were easy as hell, mostly because you have fully upgraded abilities, which means you can Tiger drop almost everyone. 

• 3 months later...
On 15/08/2020 at 0:45 PM, WTFavabean said:

I followed devilleon’s youtube videos for the climax battles and was able to clear most of them in 1 or 2 tries.

Here is the link in case you have not seen them.

Ok, so I’m really stuck in proving grounds 8. I can take out the gunmen, using their weapons to shoot the boss, then take my drinks to do a couple of tiger drops. Use the big chairs to maybe raise heat to get one more tiger drop, but after this I can’t raise my heat and run out of time. In this video the guy does a move with no heat gauge that destroys the three tough guys, but how do you do that? Any help would be appreciated!!

edit: never mind, just did it. The move is same as tiger drop, hold R1 and press triangle, but close and when an enemy hit is about to land. This clears the enemies without needing heat much quicker than even tiger drop. Still run round and get the gun, use it to take out the second gunman. Get the potions, use them and then do two tiger drops. You’ll need to do 4 to 5 of the above counters to win, unless you hit more than one guy at once. I didn’t even use the second gun or life potion.

Edited by thefourfoldroot