VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

Posted (edited)

New Marine original featuring Kobo with a sick animated MV. 

Edit: man, the list of credits is so long. The budget must've been insane.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

It was Star Wars week, so this meant Amiya played a bunch of Star Wars games. She started off with Dark Forces II and she really liked the cheesy FMV cutscenes. She hasn't beaten it yet but it sounds like she intends to play it more and I hope so because her reactions to Jerec being a weirdo are funny. She played a couple edutainment games too, one of which was a Naboo ecosystem builder where she got jumpscared by Jar Jar and Boss Nass a few times. I knew of that game but it has more depth for a kids game and I imagine a lot of kids probably got put off by it because they wanted to swing a lightsaber and not place bushes and animals down while Boss Nass calls you repeatedly like your boss checking up on your progress. The ambient soundtrack is also pretty nice too.

She also played TIE Fighter for a bit but I forget why she didn't play it for very long which is a shame since it's got a cool story. After that was Masters of Teras Kasai which in a better timeline, George would have approahced Bandai-Namco to make a Star Wars Tekken fighting game and we could have had the Star Wars version of Kazuya Mishima and have a sick dubstep soundtrack to go along with it. I also like how for the Hoar character his backstory was changed to fit into the prequels where he was part of the tribe that Anakin killed not just the men, but the women and the children too, and the reason he survived was because he was off bonding with his Bantha. But she did a playthrough as Ardyn and after that was Super Bombad racing which was one of those games that tried to copy Mario Kart at the time. Amiya seemed to really like that background music that played during the menus.

She ended off continuing Jedi Academy and got to the part where you are able to make another lightsaber but I guess she will hold off on it until she finishes other stuff. I look forward to seeing more of Dark Forces II and I think she said she will try to start KOTOR II as well but I guess it's kind of a hard game to run.

Otherwise it's mostly just been watching Fauna play The Witcher 3 and I saw Fuwamoco are back. It sounds like Mococo is sick though since her voice sounds kind of scratchy but I guess it didn't stop her from playing Donkey Kong and that first-person Ao Oni game. I also saw that Pekora was playing DBZ Kakarot and I guess it was her first time really experiencing Dragon Ball Z going by the clips that have been translated. She has already begun collecting figures too.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

For the first time since the Selen termination in early February exploded in their faces, I finally lifted my ban on watching any Nijisanji streams in order to watch the 3D debut of one of their talents that I used to watch from time to time towards the end of last year.

In better days (between August 2023 and the first few days of February of this year), Reimu Endou was one of three Nijisanji talents from the Nijisanji EN branch that I would watch when I wasn't watching Hololive streams. Usually, I would catch at least two to three streams a week from the following talents:

• Pomu Rainpuff
  • Reimu Endou
  • Selen Tatsuki

I usually would watch Pomu whenever she was playing Minecraft or doing a just chatting stream with her Pomudachis. I would watch Selen whenever she played FPS games, since she is incredibly cracked at them (her skills won her the award in the 2023 VTuber Awards for Best FPS Player over Shishiro Botan from Hololive), and I would watch Reimu whenever she did her "Pizza Family" streams where she would do collaborations with Vtubers from other agencies in Lethal Company.

Some of the Vtubers from other agencies that Reimu did collabs with can be found below (clicking on the links will take you to the respective stream that the Vtuber in question collabed together with Reimu):

However, after the entire Selen situation went down on February 5th with her termination and the resulting fallout that followed in the immediate aftermath that turned Nijisanji into public enemy #1 of the VTuber world, I vowed never to watch another one of their streams in protest for how they handled the whole situation, the infamous "Black Screen" stream they did with Elira, Vox, and Ike, how they treat their talents in comparison to how Hololive supports their talents, and the truth coming out from multiple sources that disproved a bunch of Nijisanji EN's claims they posted in the Selen termination letter.

Fast forward to Saturday night, when on my Twitter feed, Reimu's tweet about her 3D debut taking place popped up amongst the many tweets from Hololive talents, artists, and the NASCAR teams I follow. At first, I was hesitant to watch the stream, not wanting to support Nijisanji EN by watching their streams as part of my ongoing boycott.

However, I decided to put a temporary end to my boycott of them in order to watch Reimu finally get the 3D model that she has been waiting a long time to have.

The stream was a pleasant surprise, seeing Reimu finally being able to move around in 3D with her new model. As part of the celebration, she got to perform several songs and have guests who got to support her via call-in or participate with her in a few games using their 3D models.

I was very surprised to see both Nerissa and my kami-oshi Mori Calliope take part in the 3D debut, calling in to congratulate Reimu on her new model and getting to make special requests for Reimu to do with her new model.

In the end, it was a fun stream that I enjoyed for the most part. Reimu had a lot of fun with her new model, did a great job in her performances, and was excited for what the future holds.

I am considering modifying my boycott of Nijisanji EN so that I can watch Reimu's streams from time to time while not watching any of their other members, since she is the only active Nijisanji talent that I am still a fan of (Pomu graduated at the beginning of this year, Selen got terminated in one of the messiest situations I have ever seen go down).

There is some good news for those two, however. The talents behind Pomu and Selen have since moved on to successful independent VTuber careers on Youtube post-Nijisanji and I am happy for both of them. They have both earned their play buttons (and this time they got to take them home instead of having them shipped off to the Nijisanji HQ in Japan to hang on a wall) and are having a lot of fun playing games, being creative, and doing what they do best, bringing smiles to their loyal viewers who followed them over from Nijisanji once they figured out their new post-Niji streaming identities.

That concludes story time for this post. Apologies if I got a bit carried away, but I just wanted to explain who I used to watch from Nijisanji, why I boycotted Nijisanji EN, and my eventual decision to lift the boycott in order to see Reimu celebrate her new 3D model.

Edited by The Arizona Ranger
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I also saw that Pekora was playing DBZ Kakarot

Whenever I tuned in to her DBZ streams, she had insane numbers of viewers, 90k+ and sometimes more. I guess it's because of people having free time on golden week.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2