VTuber Megathread

Ryudi1998

It is finally that time of the year!

This weekend's HOLOLIVE SUPER EXPO 2024 / HOLOLIVE 5th fest. - Capture the Moment is nearly upon us!

For those interested in enjoying all of the excellent Hololive content that will be coming out this weekend, I have broken it down into different segments depending on what aspect of the weekend you are interested in!

NOTE:

Be sure to use this handy Japanese Standard Time (JST) converter to figure out when each event and performance takes place in your timezone!

https://savvytime.com/converter/jst

PART ONE: HOLOLIVE SUPER EXPO 2024 (Saturday, March 16th and Sunday, March 17th, 2024)

The big two day special exposition for all things Hololive kicks off at 10:30 AM JST on March 16th, 2024 with the opening ceremony. Hosted by Tsunomaki Watame, Roboco-san, and AZKi, the ceremony welcomes in the fans and officially kicks off HOLOLIVE SUPER EXPO 2024.

Throughout the first day, there will be a bunch of different events taking place between 10:30 AM JST and 5PM JST. Below are the two streams for SUPER EXPO 2024 (one for each day), a list of the events for both days of action, along with a convenient poster that breaks the time slots down).

HOLOLIVE SUPER EXPO STREAMS (YOUTUBE)

Spoiler

DAY ONE

Spoiler

Opening Ceremony

DAY1

10:30 ~ 11:30 JST

Robocosan / AZKi / Tsunomaki Watame
hololive SUPER EXPO 2024 "Opening Ceremony"

The long-awaited hololive SUPER EXPO 2024 has finally opened its doors!
Please enjoy the opening ceremony while looking around "hololive Island" together with its residents!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hololive EXPO Kindergarten

DAY1

11:35 ~ 12:35 JST

Shirakami Fubuki / Sakura Miko / Minato Aqua / La+ Darknesss
hololive SUPER EXPO 2024 "hololive EXPO Kindergarten"

This is "hololive EXPO Kindergarten," a variety show where kindergarteners face challenges and obstacles.
Please look after these unique and charming kindergarteners!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOLOSTARS ANIME SONG KARAOKE 2024

DAY1

13:30 ~ 14:30 JST

Kanade Izuru / Kishido Temma / Utsugi Uyu / Minase Rio / Banzoin Hakka / Octavio
hololive SUPER EXPO 2024 "Boys Only?! Anime Song Karaoke World Tournament 2024"

Last year's fan-favorite anime-only karaoke tournament returns this year with HOLOSTARS English talents included!
Wanna hear them sing famous anime songs with passion?
Hype up the stage together!

* This is a recorded stream.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Puyo Puyo Tetris with Hoshimachi Suisei & Shirakami Fubuki!

DAY1

16:00 ~ 17:00 JST

Hoshimachi Suisei / Shirakami Fubuki
hololive SUPER EXPO 2024 "Puyo Puyo Tetris with Hoshimachi Suisei & Shirakami Fubuki!"

Two talents take center stage in a bid to bring joy to all EXPO visitors.
"Hey, guests! Wanna play Puyo Puyo Tetris with Hoshimachi and Shirakami?!"
Play against Hoshimachi Suisei and Shirakami Fubuki in Puyo Puyo Tetris?!
We will randomly select winners from EXPO visitors who wish to play, and they will face off with either.
Whether you're confident in your skills or not, gather at the stage!
If you win, the two might shower you with words of praise!

©SEGA Tetris ® & © 1985~2024 Tetris Holding.

expo2024_timetable_yoko_day1_en_rev02.we

DAY TWO

Spoiler

hololive Island Tour! By ReGLOSS

DAY2

10:30 ~ 11:30

Hiodoshi Ao / Otonose Kanade / Ichijou Ririka / Juufuutei Raden / Todoroki Hajime
hololive SUPER EXPO 2024 "hololive Island Tour with ReGLOSS!"

ReGLOSS members will guide you around the EXPO venue!
Please enjoy the EXPO together with ReGLOSS, since it is their first EXPO too!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advent -The Road to EXPO 2024-

DAY2

11:35 ~ 12:35

Shiori Novella / Koseki Bijou / Nerissa Ravencroft / Fuwawa Abyssgard / Mococo Abyssgard / Friend A [MC]
more guests....
hololive SUPER EXPO 2024 "Advent -The Road to EXPO 2024-"

Advent members are on their way to the EXPO 2024 venue.
However, they are caught midway after a series of very unfortunate events.

To escape from the Cell, they have to go through various trials that await them.
Can Advent escape the Cell and reach the EXPO 2024 venue!?
Let's go, Advent!

* This is a recorded stream.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOLOSTARS EXPO WALK 2024

DAY2

13:30 ~ 14:30

Yukoku Roberu / Hizaki Gamma / Jurard T Rexford
hololive SUPER EXPO 2024 "HOLOSTARS EXPO WALK 2024"

How about a walk with HOLOSTARS talents?
Talents will walk you through the EXPO venue, especially the Park Area where the HOLOSTARS booth is located.
Experience the EXPO virtually through this stream, even if you can't make it to the venue.

On-site Reporter : Toshinari Fukamachi

Closing Ceremony

DAY2

16:00 ~ 17:00

Tokino Sora / Amane Kanata / Takane Lui
hololive SUPER EXPO 2024"Closing Ceremony"

The grand finale for the "hololive SUPER EXPO 2024" two-day extravaganza!

We look back at your memories of "hololive Island" with the Island residents, together with never-before-revealed info drops!

expo2024_timetable_yoko_day2_en.webp

In addition to all of the great programs from SUPER EXPO that are being streamed on the official Hololive Youtube channel, both days feature special 30 minute sneak-peaks of the paid concerts from HOLOLIVE 5th fest. - Capture the Moment for fans who are unable to attend in person or did not purchase the paid stream from providers SPWN or e+.

• On Saturday, from 1PM JST to 1:30 PM JST, you can capture the first 30 minutes of Stage One's performances
  • On Sunday, from 1PM JST to 1:30 PM JST, you can capture the first 30 minutes of the performances from the HoneyWorks Stage

PART TWO: HOLOLIVE 5th fest. - Capture the Moment

At 1PM JST on Saturday, March 16th, the virtual stars of Hololive take to the stage and perform some of their greatest songs in front of thousands of fans in attendance at the Makuhari Messe International Exposition Hall and for hundreds of thousands of fans who are streaming the event via SPWN or e+.

Each day features two batches of performances, one that starts at 1PM JST and the other starting at 6:30 PM JST.

Don't forget to cheer on your oshi and show her the love and support she deserves as she shines on-stage!

HOLOLIVE 5th fest. - Capture the Moment (DAY ONE - March 16th, 2024)

Below are the concert lineups for Day One: Stage 1 (1:30 PM JST) and Stage 2 (6:30 PM JST)

STAGE ONE

Spoiler
  • aki_rose.webp

アキ・ローゼンタール

Aki Rosenthal

• matsuri.webp

夏色まつり

Natsuiro Matsuri

• choco.webp

癒月ちょこ

Yuzuki Choco

• korone.webp

戌神ころね

Inugami Korone

• noel.webp

白銀ノエル

Shirogane Noel

• marine.webp

宝鐘マリン

Houshou Marine

• kanata.webp

天音かなた

Amane Kanata

• botan.webp

獅白ぼたん

Shishiro Botan

• koyori.webp

博衣こより

Hakui Koyori

• sakamata.webp

沙花叉クロヱ

Sakamata Chloe

• risu.webp

アユンダ・リス

Ayunda Risu

• iofi.webp

アイラニ・イオフィフティーン

Airani Iofifteen

• reine.webp

パヴォリア・レイネ

Pavolia Reine

• kiara.webp

小鳥遊キアラ

Takanashi Kiara

• inanis.webp

一伊那尓栖

Ninomae Ina'nis

• gura.webp

がうる・ぐら

Gawr Gura

• bae.webp

ハコス・ベールズ

Hakos Baelz

•  

STAGE TWO

Spoiler
  • sora.webp

ときのそら

Tokino Sora

• subaru.webp

大空スバル

Oozora Subaru

• mio.webp

大神ミオ

Ookami Mio

• pekora.webp

兎田ぺこら

Usada Pekora

• flare.webp

不知火フレア

Shiranui Flare

• watame.webp

角巻わため

Tsunomaki Watame

• luna.webp

姫森ルーナ

Himemori Luna

• nene.webp

桃鈴ねね

Momosuzu Nene

• polka.webp

尾丸ポルカ

Omaru Polka

• lui.webp

鷹嶺ルイ

Takane Lui

• iroha.webp

風真いろは

Kazama Iroha

• zeta.webp

ベスティア・ゼータ

Vestia Zeta

• kaela.webp

カエラ・コヴァルスキア

Kaela Kovalskia

• kobo.webp

こぼ・かなえる

Kobo Kanaeru

• calli.webp

森カリオペ

Mori Calliope

• irys.webp

IRyS

IRyS

• kronii.webp

オーロ・クロニー

Ouro Kronii

•  

HOLOLIVE 5th fest. - Capture the Moment (DAY TWO - March 17th, 2024)

Below are the concert lineups for Day Two: HoneyWorks Stage (1:30 PM JST) and Stage 3 (6:30 PM JST):

HONEYWORKS STAGE

Spoiler
  • sora.webp

ときのそら

Tokino Sora

• fubuki.webp

白上フブキ

Shirakami Fubuki

• matsuri.webp

夏色まつり

Natsuiro Matsuri

• shion.webp

紫咲シオン

Murasaki Shion

• ayame.webp

百鬼あやめ

Nakiri Ayame

• subaru.webp

大空スバル

Oozora Subaru

• azki.webp

AZKi

AZKi

• mio.webp

大神ミオ

Ookami Mio

• miko.webp

さくらみこ

Sakura Miko

• okayu.webp

猫又おかゆ

Nekomata Okayu

• korone.webp

戌神ころね

Inugami Korone

• suisei.webp

星街すいせい

Hoshimachi Suisei

• pekora.webp

兎田ぺこら

Usada Pekora

• flare.webp

不知火フレア

Shiranui Flare

• noel.webp

白銀ノエル

Shirogane Noel

• marine.webp

宝鐘マリン

Houshou Marine

• kanata.webp

天音かなた

Amane Kanata

• watame.webp

角巻わため

Tsunomaki Watame

• towa.webp

常闇トワ

Tokoyami Towa

• luna.webp

姫森ルーナ

Himemori Luna

• lamy.webp

雪花ラミィ

Yukihana Lamy

• nene.webp

桃鈴ねね

Momosuzu Nene

• botan.webp

獅白ぼたん

Shishiro Botan

• polka.webp

尾丸ポルカ

Omaru Polka

• laplus.webp

ラプラス・ダークネス

La+ Darknesss

• lui.webp

鷹嶺ルイ

Takane Lui

• koyori.webp

博衣こより

Hakui Koyori

• sakamata.webp

沙花叉クロヱ

Sakamata Chloe

• iroha.webp

風真いろは

Kazama Iroha

• moona.webp

ムーナ・ホシノヴァ

Moona Hoshinova

• ollie.webp

クレイジー・オリー

Kureiji Ollie

• anya.webp

アーニャ・メルフィッサ

Anya Melfissa

• kobo.webp

こぼ・かなえる

Kobo Kanaeru

• kiara.webp

小鳥遊キアラ

Takanashi Kiara

• gura.webp

がうる・ぐら

Gawr Gura

• bae.webp

ハコス・ベールズ

Hakos Baelz

STAGE THREE

Spoiler
  • roboco.webp

ロボ子さん

Robocosan

• fubuki.webp

白上フブキ

Shirakami Fubuki

• aqua.webp

湊あくあ

Minato Aqua

• shion.webp

紫咲シオン

Murasaki Shion

• ayame.webp

百鬼あやめ

Nakiri Ayame

• azki.webp

AZKi

AZKi

• miko.webp

さくらみこ

Sakura Miko

• okayu.webp

猫又おかゆ

Nekomata Okayu

• suisei.webp

星街すいせい

Hoshimachi Suisei

• towa.webp

常闇トワ

Tokoyami Towa

• lamy.webp

雪花ラミィ

Yukihana Lamy

• laplus.webp

ラプラス・ダークネス

La+ Darknesss

• moona.webp

ムーナ・ホシノヴァ

Moona Hoshinova

• ollie.webp

クレイジー・オリー

Kureiji Ollie

• anya.webp

アーニャ・メルフィッサ

Anya Melfissa

• ame.webp

ワトソン・アメリア

Watson Amelia

• fauna.webp

セレス・ファウナ

Ceres Fauna

• mumei.webp

七詩ムメイ

Nanashi Mumei

HOLOLIVE 5th fest. - Capture the Moment Live Streams (YOUTUBE)

Spoiler

Below are links to the two streaming services that are offering fans the ability to watch all four stage performances across both days. Depending on which stages you pick (you can purchase the stream for each individual stage, or you can buy the two day pass that allows you to stream all four stages across both days), the prices can range from $51 per stage all the way to $189 for the two day pass.

SPWN

e+

Be sure to check the offical Hololive Production (English) Twitter page during both days for additional content and notifications of when events from the SUPER EXPO and the performances for Capture the Moment are taking place each day.

https://twitter.com/hololive_En

In addition, be sure to follow the Youtube page below (it will carry the livestream for both days of the HOLOLIVE SUPER EXPO, from Opening Ceremony to the Closing Ceremony).

https://www.youtube.com/@hololive/streams

Below are the individual websites for each event (SUPER EXPO 2024 and 5th fes. - Capture the Moment)

https://hololivesuperexpo2024.hololivepro.com/en/expo

https://hololivesuperexpo2024.hololivepro.com/en/fes

@Redgrave@Slava@BlackRogue187 may your upcoming weekend be filled with plenty of fantastic Hololive content from both the SUPER EXPO and 5th fes. - Capture the Moment!

Edited by The Arizona Ranger
  • Like 2

Finally woke up after a very long night last night (was up until 5:45 AM PST watching Stage 2 deliver one hell of a performance). My sleep schedule may be in shambles, but it was 100% worth it because....

rdfzFOt.jpg

....I was absolutely blown away by how awesome the performances by Stage 1 and Stage 2 were for HOLOLIVE 5th fes. - Capture the Moment last night!

All of the talents who took to the stage last night for their performances absolutely knocked it out of the ballpark! What an incredible mix of songs, energy, and seeing each girl shine brightly as they delivered hit after hit was such a joy to experience via the two SPWN streams I was participating in.

My kamioshi may be Mori Calliope (who absolutely blew the Deadbeat's doors off with her onstage performances of Q with Watame and her solo performance of Overkill), but I am more than proud to support all of the talents and show them the respect and support they deserve, especially after how hard they been working the past few months training, practicing, and perfecting their songs, routines, and choreography on both their solo performances, group performances, and when they all came together for those special songs at the beginning, middle, and end of each stage.

Unlike some Hololive fans that you see (the ones who only have one favorite and don't interact much with the other talents), I try to watch, support, and interact with as many as I can, for each and every one of them are so unique personality-wise, fun to watch when they sing, play games, collab, and for each one's great humor. As of now, I try to watch and support nearly all of the Hololive English talents, the majority of the Hololive Indonesia talents, and a handful of the Hololive Japan talents.

It was so cool getting to watch Korone nail that flip in the middle of her solo performance. I am beyond impressed with how effortlessly she nailed it and got back to performing the song. Hell, even Kobo broke out a cartwheel during her solo performance as well.

The video of Korone launching into the flip that I have included in this post might get pulled (copyright infringement of the paid stage), so if the video below fails to show, click on the spoiler tab to watch her absolutely crush it via a Twitter video!

Spoiler

It was also so awesome watching the crowd go absolutely nuts during each performance. A sea of different colored lights shining brightly and moving back and forward, side to side as the crowd chanted, yelled, and in come cases, danced as their favorite idols dominated the stage.

Below are a few good examples of the crowd from last night (Nene performing with a sea of fans cheering behind her, some of the fans celebrating with artwork/plushies/penlights, crowd celebrating as the final song of Stage 2 wraps up, with the silver and golden confetti showering down in a shimmering cascade)

Spoiler

GIyH_U_akAAcmLA.jpg
i-drew-holomyth-v0-fyxafpxsqooc1.png?aut

GIy5DehagAAb4I6?format=jpg

I am so disappointed that it took me so damn long to become a fan of Hololive, considering just how much I love and enjoy it now. I feel awful that I missed out on so many cool streams, concerts, collabs, and possible interactions with the talents over the years that I wasn't a fan.

I was aware of Hololive's existence for years (first started seeing stuff from the HoloJP talents pop up on Twitter and Reddit around the fall of 2019), but I paid no real attention to it until April of 2023, when I decided to give one of Takanashi Kiara's streams a try after two months of watching VShojo streams (Zentreya, Melody, Hakura) on Twitch.

Quickly took an interest in Hololive after watching her stream Passpartout 2, and by the middle of May 2023, I was deep inside of the rabbit hole and officially became a proud Hololive fan.

Below is the first-ever Hololive stream that I watched (Kiara playing Passpartout 2)

Spoiler

I officially became a fan of Mori Calliope (and she quickly became my kamioshi) after watching her stream of Only Up! that took place in June of 2023. After watching the stream, I decided to check out her music online, and after listening to some of her awesome songs, I promptly joined the ranks of the Deadbeats.

Below is the first stream in question (Calli playing Only Up!)

Spoiler

Well, I kind of got carried away there and went off the rails. Sorry about that (I do believe that my sleep schedule being wrecked might have contributed to some of it).

Anyway, super excited to see both the HoneyWorks and Stage 3 performances tonight! I'll be cheering just as hard for all of the talents as they perform and shine bright on stage!

Fixed errors
  • Like 2

Well, after another extremely long night (watched the Stage 3 until it ended around 5:20 AM PST, didn't fall asleep until roughly 6AM), I have finally woken up (around 12:15 PM).

My brain may be in a bit of a blurry fog (not used to staying up that late for two consecutive days), but I don't mind it at all, for...

eWuPngH.gif

As the meme from Korone goes: "Oh I'm die, thank you forever"

...the past two nights of performances (Stage 1, Stage 2, HoneyWorks Stage, and Stage 3) was some of the most fun that I have ever had in my 33 years of existence.

NOTE: Since this is going to be an incredibly long review and thoughts post, I will hide it behind the spoiler tab below (in order to prevent a giant wall of text from taking up too much space in the thread). Please give it a read and let me know if you agree with my thoughts or have thoughts of your own on Capture the Moment (assuming you watched it)

Spoiler

To date, I have personally been to four different concerts in the real world (and enjoyed every one of them):

• Rockstar UPROAR Festival 2010 in Wheatland (Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Halestorm, Hellyeah, Stone Sour, and more - September 2010)
  • Dropkick Murphys (solo performance - November 2012 in Chico)
  • Monster Energy AFTERSHOCK Festival 2013 in Sacramento (30+ bands, including Avenged Sevenfold, Shinedown, Five Finger Death Punch, KoЯn, and more - September 2013)
  • Disturbed: Take Back Your Life Tour (Disturbed, Jinjer, and Breaking Benjamin concert in Wheatland, California - July 2023)

When it comes to big digital concerts (involving Vtubers), I have only watched the following performances (outside of the special 3D live events that each member does on their own channels on special occasions):

• Hololive Summer 2023 Splash Party! (only watched the free 30 minute preview as a member of the "broke gang" of viewers who didn't purchase streaming tickets)
  • Hololive Production COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023 |> 2024 (the free New Year's Eve concert with all of the fantastic group performances and the special Shuffle Melody 2024)

Going into Hololive 5th fes. - Capture the Moment, I had a rough idea of what to expect (based off the two performances listed above), but I never could have imagined just how spectacular and incredible that these past two days of performances would be.

GI38sKea8AAFjxD?format=jpg&name=4096x409

From the moment that Stage 1 kicked off Friday night (9PM PST) all the way until the credits rolled at the conclusion of Stage 3 around 5:20 AM Sunday morning here in California, I was absolutely blown away. Never in a million years did I think that I could have so much fun watching all of the incredible individual talents from all three Hololive branches (English, Indonesia, and Japan) come together and deliver such a monumental experience.

From high-energy solo performances to wonderful group performances ranging from as few as two members all the way up to the full cast for each stage, each and every song over the two days and four stages was truly a sight to behold.

As I mentioned in an earlier post in this tread, Mori Calliope is my kamioshi. I just love the way her voice sounds as she takes the stage, delivers hit after hit, and how she is so versatile with her range of songs. She can lay down a brutal, high-paced rap, she can deliver soft and soothing melodies, and she can drop powerful, energetic performances that get the crowd pumping. It's one of the greatest aspects of being a Deadbeat, getting to see Calli shine on the stage in all of the amazing and unique ways that she does as she puts her all into giving her fans a memorable performance.

Her pairing with Tsunomaki Watame for Q (a song that Calli originally did with Gawr Gura) was a great choice by the brain trust at COVER. Calli has had some great performances in the past with Watame (see their performance of Reaper vs Sheep - Ouen Version from Calli's New Underworld Order concert), so it was fun seeing them getting to sing together again. Both of them did a great job with the song (their voices go pretty well together), and the overall performance was fun.

For her solo performance, Calli ended up performing Overkill, her newest single that just dropped the other week on her Youtube channel. As she usually does, Calli knocked her performance out of the park and absolutely crushed it, giving all of the Deadbeats in attendance at the venue and the tens of thousands of Deadbeats streaming Stage 2 from home one hell of a show. It's moments like this that I am honored to be a Deadbeat, getting to witness her shine so brightly onstage with all of the incredible talent she possesses.

GIyfCwJacAA5WwN?format=png&name=900x900

I'm so proud of Calli, she gave us one great solo performance

Now that I have gotten my kamioshi's performances out of the way, I'll briefly go over what were my favorite performances from all four stages. All of them were amazing, but I'll narrow it down to my seven favorite stage performances (in no particular order):

1. Oozora Subaru (Stage 2 and HoneyWorks Stage) - Admittedly, I have not watched much of everyone's favorite duck. I have only watched a handful of her streams and only seen a few of her performances (part of her most recent 3D live event from several weeks ago, her performance for the New Year's Countdown). Seeing her take to the stage and deliver her high-energy special melody on Stage 2, and then watching her performances on the HoneyWorks Stage was quite the treat. 

2. Moona Hoshinova (HoneyWorks Stage and Stage 3) - Another Hololive talent that I have not watch a ton of (I have seen roughly a dozen of her streams, have only seen her perform onstage for the New Year's Countdown). She did a great job with her performance on both of the stages she participated in, and she impressed me with not only her wonderful voice and great singing, but her onstage choreography as well.

3. Nakiri Ayame (HoneyWorks Stage and Stage 3) - This adorable Oni nearly put me into a coma with all of the Nakirium that she delivered in each of her performances. Her voice was quite lovely, her expressions were great, and her natural talent shone brightly during each song. She is another Hololive talent that I have not watched often (went back and checked my Youtube history, and only found 3 of her streams on it outside of seeing her perform on the New Year's Countdown). In the future, I will have to try to watch more of her streams.

4. Vestia Zeta (Stage 2) - Our pon and (totally not a cat) clumsy secret agent, Zeta (along with Kaela Kovalskia and Kureiji Ollie) has become one of my favorite members from Hololive Indonesia. Zeta delivered a massive helping of Zetamin with her wonderful performances during Stage 2. Outside of Kaela (who does so many great streams it is hard to keep up with at times), Zeta is the HoloID member that I have watched the most of (stream-wise) along with seeing her perform during the New Year's Countdown. I personally enjoy her humor (she loves trolling) and watching her streams makes for some fun and interesting times (depending on what game she is streaming or collab she is part of).

5. Hoshimachi Suisei (HoneyWorks Stage and Stage 3) - I have appeared to have made a fatal error on my end. I have never made the effort to watch any of Suisei's streams on Youtube (primarily due to not understanding Japanese) and outside of seeing her perform during the New Year's Countdown event, I have not listened to a single song of hers nor have watched any of her other performances).

However, after watching her deliver stunning performances that had both the fans at the venue and those watching the stream going nuts (her solo melody, her group performances, and her special performance with AZKi near the end of Stage 3 where she read that letter she wrote for AZKi that left AZKi in tears), I really need to watch more of her content and listen to her music. She had such an incredible stage presence and absolutely stole the show each time she sang.

How good was it? Her performances legit gave me goosebumps, something that doesn't happen very often for me.

6. Takanashi Kiara (Stage 1 and HoneyWorks Stage) - Outside of my kamioshi Calli, Kiara is my most-watched Hololive Myth member (I have watched more than 50 of her streams). She has a great stage presence, a fantastic voice, and has the moves to make all of her beloved KFP weak in the knees (if you watched her performances during Capture the Moment and saw those hips move....oh my). She took to the stage and cooked a masterpiece that had the comment section on the SPWN streams I was in lighting up with a wall of fire emojis and "Sheeesh" comments as she crushed it onstage.

7. Kureiji Ollie (HoneyWorks Stage and Stage 3) - As mentioned above, everyone's favorite kawaii Zombie idol is one of my favorite members from the HoloID roster (I love her humor, crazy antics, and her streams are a blast to be a part of, especially whenever she collabs with others) and she took no prisoners with her awesome performances. The comment section on the SPWN streams I was in last night was going nuts for her group and solo performance from Stage 3, and boy did she do a great job. Never thought that I would see a zombie spit fire, but she did just that during her group performance on Stage 3.

Honorable Mention: Watson Amelia (Stage 3) - I am so proud of everyone's favorite time-traveling detective. I know that she isn't the most confident when it comes to performing during concerts (from what I have heard from the Investigators in her fan base and seen in posts about her on the r/Hololive Reddit page), but she has been working hard to improve not only her performances, but to increase her confidence as well.

Well, I am happy to inform all of you that those many hours of hard work she has been investing into bettering herself has paid off with great effect. She made her appearance during Stage 3 and delivered a wonderful performance, shining brightly as she moved across the stage with more confidence in herself and her abilities. It was such a joy seeing her having fun doing what she loves: giving everyone a great performance that even non-Investigators will appreciate. All of the Amelia fans in the SPWN chat I was in for Stage 3 were going nuts, spamming "AMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" in the comments during her song.

GI3YDMNXYAAurb9?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ame did such a great job onstage during Stage 3 Saturday night

In conclusion, I highly recommend that anyone who has not watched Hololive 5th fes. - Capture the Moment to please give it a watch. All of the performances spread across all four stages were incredible, all of the girls delivered such an amazing range of performances, from softer, sadder songs (the solo song on Stage 3 by Roboco being a great example) to high-energy, intense solo and group performances, everything came together into an truly memorable experience that made me so proud to be a fan of Hololive and I feel extremely fortunate to be able to interact with, watch, and spend time with so many amazing talents who give their all for the fans.

Final Score: 9.75 stars out of 10 stars (only deducting .25 of a point due to a few camera issues and jump cuts that popped up during a handful of the performances).

Special thanks are in order for the following people/websites:

• SPWN (for providing a wonderful streaming experience for all four stages over the two days of Capture the Moment)

• r/Hololive (for providing a wonderful community where Hololive fans can congregate, enjoy content, and share their love for everything Hololive. I am proud to be a member of the community)

• Hololive Advent (FUWAMOCO, Koseki Bijou, Nerissa Ravencroft, and Shiori Novella) - they provided three fun watch-a-long streams for Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3 where they gave great reactions, provided some translations of what the HoloJP members were saying for the audience, and got to witness their senpai shine brightly onstage. Although all of their streams ran into some of the EN curse (tech issues and the classic scuff), for the most part the streams were fun to watch. I can't wait to see them once they get their 3D models join all of their amazing senpai onstage at next year's Hololive SUPER EXPO and Hololive fes.)

• COVER Corporation (especially CEO Motoaki Tanigo, for creating Hololive and devoting themselves to making it one of the greatest virtual tuber corporations in the world, one that supports and nurtures their talents, finds new and innovative ways to advance the world of Vtubing through technological leaps, and provides a solid foundation for all of the amazing talents, no matter where in the world they may be from, who work for them to be themselves and shine as bright as the summer sun whenever they hit the stage for each major event)

• All of the incredible Hololive talents who came together from around the world during Capture the Moment and poured their hearts and souls into giving us one of the greatest concerts that I have ever had the privilege of getting to witness and hear. I know that I don't have enough time to keep up with the tidal wave of content that gets released on a frequent basis by all of the talents on their Youtube or Twitch pages (I bring up Twitch for La+ Darkness and Tokoyami Towa, who sometimes stream there along with the rare Ame stream on Twitch), but I'll try my best to branch out and watch the content from the members I don't watch as often.

• All of the staff who worked hard to put together one hell of a show, from the crews who set up the venue & got everything programed and ready to go to all of the people behind the scenes who work side-by-side with the talents (managers, assistants, etc). You all have my respect and gratitude.

• Lastly, I want to thank everyone in the Hololive fan community (the few of us here on PSNP and all of amazing members who make up the larger community around the world). We all may have different oshis that we support and cheer on, but god damn it is so amazing when we all can come together and celebrate, support, and show the respect that each and every one of the amazing Hololive talents deserve. We are truly fortunate to be able to interact with, spend time with, and watch each one reach for the stars in their own unique ways.

Whew...that was a hell of a post I concocted (it took over four hours to put this monster together). If you were brave enough to read the entire post and made it to the end, I tip my cap off to you and wish you a wonderful rest of your day.

--BONUS--

In the spoiler tab below, I have included the full-length GIF of Mococo snapping Fuwawa out of existence (the one I used at the top of this post is only the last few seconds of it) along with the 4K video (with sound), for those who are interested.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Fixing multiple spelling errors (sleep-deprived brain created)
  • Like 2

It sounds like the festival is going very well. I did see Korone's flip as well as one clip of someone cheering Mumei on very enthusiastically and someone wearing a Man I Love Fauna hat :P Otherwise yeah I haven't been able to see very much of it since I obviously didn't buy tickets to go see it. Because of it, the streams were even lighter this week with there not being very much to mention.

2ManySnacks uploaded this short animation of Miko trying to speak English in her Poppy Playtime stream

Pippa did a funny bit where she changed her model to a Marmot since I guess she really likes Marmots :P She also played some Jong with a couple other people. Lastly I got to see Loki play some Little Nightmares II. When I started watching she was playing some goofy music while in the hospital part, I assume to make it less scary. More importantly she made a cover of a song called Tokio Funka I believe.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Redgrave said:

Otherwise yeah I haven't been able to see very much of it since I obviously didn't buy tickets to go see it.

Well the Video-on-Demand (VOD), one for each of the four stages, will be up on SPWN until April 18th (NOTE: the VOD should be active on SPWN in a few days once they process the raw feeds from all of the four stages and get it running smoothly in 1080p, according to a few posts that I have seen floating around Twitter and Reddit), so if you do find yourself with the time and money to invest in it, I highly recommend it.

I believe that all together, it should be between 8 to 9 hours of content (assuming you bought the 2-day pass that gives you access to all four stages) when you combine all four stages.

Knowing that you are a Subaru fan, I think that you will really enjoy her performances on Stage 2 and the HoneyWorks stage (even as a Deadbeat, I enjoyed Subaru's high-energy solo and group performances during those two stages).

Again, I am not trying to force you to buy the VOD, but I can't recommend it enough to any Hololive fan who didn't get to watch it this weekend.

There is also the Blu-Ray option (purchasing all 4 stages bundled together on several Blu-Ray discs) as well, but that will come out near the end of the year and it will cost roughly $30 to $40 less than the cost of buying the 2-day pass that will allow you to watch all four VOD's (see example below for last year's Hololive 4th fes. - Our Bright Parade that PlayAsia is selling):

Spoiler

https://www.play-asia.com/hololive-4th-fes-our-bright-parade/13/70gder

Hololive 4th Fes. Our Bright Parade (released on October 25th, 2023)
US: $151.99

So if you do end up getting the VOD, just let me know. I'd love to have someone here on PSNP (since you, Slava, and BlackRouge187 are the only active posters on this thread) to talk about all of the awesome performances that each and every one of the amazing talents delivered during both days of Capture the Moment.

• Like 1