Shardmaster not unlocking

My list looks pretty much the same, but I still need to collect some due to NG+. Will check back after some grinding.

I also looked up the ????? in the list, and apparently others have reported too on it. Weird to be honest, since your list it's complete apart from that one (though I may be wrong, can't say for sure).

There is was a new update day or so ago, that ??????? shard you mention was added then along with 2 new Scarves and a new head piece.

The update is fresh so nobody knows what they are yet or if it is indeed a mistake by the devs.

Guess you had 100% items before, if you look at your item percentage now, you should notice it has dropped slightly due to those 3 new items

Edited by Optinooby

6 hours ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well, I was going to start the game in a few weeks, (physical version) it seems that I'll have to reinstall the game and play offline then, unless I need one of the previous patches for something, is that the case?

The vanilla, iirc, there was a specific item drop with an enemy that wouldn't drop, Imbrued something think it was.

Either way bud, you're stuck until they fix this. 

2 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

The vanilla, iirc, there was a specific item drop with an enemy that wouldn't drop, Imbrued something think it was.

Either way bud, you're stuck until they fix this. 

Wow, so unpatched version has a problem and last update also has a problem? As you said I'll just have to wait.

29 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Wow, so unpatched version has a problem and last update also has a problem? As you said I'll just have to wait.

This is the vanilla glitch, sounds like there is somewhat of a fix, but it looks very frustrating trying to fix it lol

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/158367-bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/77809317

On 04/07/2020 at 8:04 PM, Alos88 said:

Couldn't you just play vanilla unpatched, grab the shard trophy, then update for the item one?

That would appear to work to me and is what I'm doing. Many thanks to this thread and the other one as it allowed me to avoid this issue.

Just to update in this threat. Shardmaster is attainable on 1.00. Item Collector might be glitched too on it however and Demonologist certainly is, though that one isn't a huge bother as you can get it quickly enough when you patch the game, even to 1.15.

13 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Just to update in this threat. Shardmaster is attainable on 1.00. Item Collector might be glitched too on it however and Demonologist certainly is, though that one isn't a huge bother as you can get it quickly enough when you patch the game, even to 1.15.

Does it matter if I'm playing digital version? 

4 hours ago, Explorador-LS said:

Does it matter if I'm playing digital version? 

1.00 is 1.00. If you can get the game updated to say 1.10 and not 1.15 then it starts to matter. Now I do know how to get 1.00 versions of digital games... but not so sure on getting older patched versions. I hear it is possible but I don't know. Tried doing it to my disc version and what came through seemed to just be the 1.15 patch.

• 2 weeks later...

Repost here from the thread in the other thread:

I got the platinum now due to 1.16 so some notes as someone who played the game off the 1.00 version and then updated.

1: My map went to 99.80% from 100% so I assume a new room was added and it's not a glitch.

2: The issue with the demon list not counting True Zangetsu and the penultimate boss did not fix itself. Beating the final boss again and running through NG+ until True Zangetsu got them listed, speed run took a little bit over an hour to do as you keep Accelerate which I thought you didn't. 

3: A lot of the ??? spots in the item lists disappeared. Patches beyond the 1.00 version do however have new items you need to pick up. You have the Discount Card in the shop. The Valkyrie set are in added chests so no issue. Nose Glasses chest now spawns so all good on that. Shovel Armour require you to kill a Shovel Armour enemy for it, same with the Bloodbringer weapon from that enemy. Riding Habit got me worried for a bit as it wasn't craftable/buyable and it's location in game is a wall which I had already destroyed, however it popped in when I found a Hellhorse Hoof.

4: I had to find two materials to find in game. Sinister Pelt and Hellhorse Hoof. The thing is... I'm certain I did find at least Hellhorse Hoof in 1.00 so... my conclusion at the moment is that they're glitched in 1.00 in where even if you get them they won't show up in the material list, so if you update to 1.16 and don't have those items on you like I did, then they don't get marked on your list. The 3 glitched items in 1.00 from the farmable and refightable boss like enemies all dropped without any issue.

Ultimately it was very annoying to have to wait so long for a patch to fix this issue, however even factoring in having to do a 1 hour speed run for the demon list... I think 1.00 might well be the fastest way to do this. You get infinite money and can dismantle for as many materials as you want, plus making 98% of things you need to complete the item list. So you save a lot of time not farming money and materials.