Ty the Tasmanian Tiger Trophy Guide and Platinum Review

TheDblTap

TY-the-Tasmanian-Tiger%E2%84%A2_20200721180710-1024x576.jpg

Is the ability to see how many picture frames are in a level new? I don't remember this on PS2, I never managed to get 100% because I remember not being bothered enough to figure out which levels I was missing portraits in/how many I was missing in each stage.

This is a huge improvement if my memory is right and makes me even more excited for the remaster. I assume nothing is missable? Tried doing a ctrl + f for "missable" and nothing came up. Great job on getting a guide up so early, will help newcomers.

You are correct, nothing is missable!

Technically, if you do a phenomenal and indomitable job on every single Time Attack and then can't beat your own time when going for the "Time Attack Slowdown" trophy, then that's missable. But I don't see it happening to anybody.

I do actually remember the Picture Frame counter being in the original game but it could just be my memory fooling me...?

They also don't count towards the percentage counter so it is totally possible to be at 100% completion without having any Picture Frames.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheDblTap said:

You are correct, nothing is missable!

Technically, if you do a phenomenal and indomitable job on every single Time Attack and then can't beat your own time when going for the "Time Attack Slowdown" trophy, then that's missable. But I don't see it happening to anybody.

I do actually remember the Picture Frame counter being in the original game but it could just be my memory fooling me...?

They also don't count towards the percentage counter so it is totally possible to be at 100% completion without having any Picture Frames.

oe2q2Ue.png

Decided to look up an old lets play just to see. There wasn't any counter

(Also just from this image alone and the one I posted above I can see the remaster at work lol, those characters are so blurry.) Good to hear nothing is missable (and judging by your review it hasn't aged poorly like I was fearing it would've)

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, madbuk said:

Decided to look up an old lets play just to see. There wasn't any counter

(Also just from this image alone and the one I posted above I can see the remaster at work lol, those characters are so blurry.) Good to hear nothing is missable (and judging by your review it hasn't aged poorly like I was fearing it would've)

Right you are! In that case, I'm insanely glad they added a tracker in, it's no wonder I never collected them all before!

And yeah it hasn't aged as poorly as I expected either. You can still tell it's an old game and it has some irksome relics of the past in its control scheme and various mechanics, but it's just as fun as I remember it being. A little less frustrating though since I'm more competent than I was when I was 10... I hope!

6 minutes ago, MMDE said:

How about posting the guide on this site too?

The formats aren't entirely compatible so I'd need to do additional work to reformat it,  which seems unnecessary when my guide is already up on the site which I work very hard to maintain and it can easily be found from the game's PSNProfiles page.

Sorry to disappoint!

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you've taken the time to make a guide and share it with the community. But, the entire purpose of posting it here is because you know this site has lots of traffic and you're hoping some of them take a detour to your little corner. I get it.

But, why not show that you're here to help the community instead of divide it? Take 20 minutes and reformat the information and make a guide here. Hell, post your guide on all the other sites...that's how you spread the word about your domain, not by leaving a link on a forum post.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Only thing that irked me as an Australian was you describing the bilby call as "oooeeee" instead of "cooooooooeee". Other than that good guide.

Ahaha

See, I wasn't sure. I'd always thought it was with a C but then I guess my TV speakers aren't great because I couldn't hear the "C" this time around.

Just for you, mate, I've added a C haha

4 minutes ago, TheDblTap said:

Ahaha

See, I wasn't sure. I'd always thought it was with a C but then I guess my TV speakers aren't great because I couldn't hear the "C" this time around.

Just for you, mate, I've added a C haha

Yeah it's a pretty renowned Australian phrase but only really within Australia so fair enough you didn't know. Appreciate the edit nonetheless.

• Like 1

GLITCH WARNING:

In the level Lyre Lyre, you may collect every gem and still only have 299/300.  This is a bug that happens when gems are picked up too quickly.  Exit the stage (either by quitting to the main menu or through the level end warp), enter back in, and go to the bouncy tree where one of the cogs was (there were also crates here with gems).  If you look over the side of this cliff, you should see some spiders surrounding a crate - your bugged gem will be in that crate.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gamehelp said:

This bug can happen on any level, it just happens to occur more often on Lyre Lyre. (maybe because of the scripting in the level?  or maybe it's tied to frame rate?  haven't been able to catch the moment the opal was collected then never made it to the inventory, maybe it's caused by clipping and the opal being proxied up into the sky?)

The opal in question (i've never seen this happen with more than 1 opal per level) gets moved to usually a spot in the sky (in the case with Lyre Lyre, it should be around the treetops height, so not too far away to see), I haven't personally come across any reports of this happening with other collectibles, only opals.

Next time this happens to anyone, could a screenshot be uploaded?  it would be interesting to see a compilation of spots this can happen and what levels, I suspect the opal goes to the 0,0,0 coordinate if it isn't just being proxied up into the sky.

And yes, Krome knows about this bug, it has been an issue since release, exiting the level and re-entering puts the opal back in it's original position, as you mentioned.

I think I have the same problem with 1 opal but in the level Lawinensicher (in german). Ok no bug. The Last opal was in the cage near the cave.

Edited by Timo1101