100% completed and platinum achievers not equal

When I look at some games which have a platinum trophy and no DLC trophies I sometimes notice the amount of platinum achievers and 100% achievers aren't equal. Is that because it still has to update or is there someone who hacked his 100% but has no platinum or other way around? Seems very strange to me, but I'm sure there's a logical explanation. 

EDIT:

For example Jak and Daxter here: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1250-Jak-and-Daxter-The-Precursor-Legacy/MrCostari

There's a difference of 5 between plats and 100% with 5 more 100% achievers than platinum achievers. I'm pretty sure there was a difference of 4 about 1-2 weeks back.

Edited by MrCostari

I think the issue resides solely with PS3/Vita games with cross-save functions. I HAVE seen people talk about certain games where they were able to get 100% of the trophies, but the platinum remained unlocked. Has something to do with earning trophies on one system and then earning some more on the other. Pretty rare, but probably what is causing the issue here.

Most recent thread I can remember was someone complaining about this happening for Zombie Tycoon 2.

• Like 2

I have some games with 100% and platinum trophy but in some games this numbers aren't exactly the same

Trine 2 - 21501 platinum achievers and 21500 100% completed

Batman: Arkham Asylum - 27906 platinum acheivers and 27905 100% completed

The Lord of the Rings: Warriors of the North - 6461 platinum achievers and 6460 100% completed

God of War - 56021 platinum achievers and 56022 100% completed

Ratchet & Clank All 4 One - 13143 platinum achievers and 13142 100% completed

inFamous 2 - 56582 platinum achievers and 56581 100% completed

Darksiders - 23975 platinum achievers and 23974 100% completed

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 77272 platinum achievers and 77274 100% completed

Start the Party: Save The World - 1823 platinum achievers and 1822 100% completed

This seems weird maybe some cheaters work?

• Like 2

I have some games with 100% and platinum trophy but in some games this numbers aren't exactly the same

Trine 2 - 21501 platinum achievers and 21500 100% completed

Batman: Arkham Asylum - 27906 platinum acheivers and 27905 100% completed

The Lord of the Rings: Warriors of the North - 6461 platinum achievers and 6460 100% completed

God of War - 56021 platinum achievers and 56022 100% completed

Ratchet & Clank All 4 One - 13143 platinum achievers and 13142 100% completed

inFamous 2 - 56582 platinum achievers and 56581 100% completed

Darksiders - 23975 platinum achievers and 23974 100% completed

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 77272 platinum achievers and 77274 100% completed

Start the Party: Save The World - 1823 platinum achievers and 1822 100% completed

This seems weird maybe some cheaters work?

Thanks for summing that up. It seems very odd, it must be either be lagg/slow updating on the site, a glitch or hackers/cheaters work.

• Like 1

Thanks for summing that up. It seems very odd, it must be either be lagg/slow updating on the site, a glitch or hackers/cheaters work.

I vote for the glitch because the hackers/cheaters work is stupid why they will hack a game to get trophies but not getting the platinum.

I wonder what it would show on the leader board for the particular game? Whether it would highlight the discrepancy or not.

It may just be down to a timing difference when the two figures update, Sly made a post here about when the site updates so may explain it:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/9165-the-leaderboards-are-wrong/#entry182123

The way I see it is that you earn the Platinum for for completing everything in the game as it was at release before any of the DLC, once you finish everything in the game as it was then you earn the Platinum. Once DLC is added it extends the game as far as the 100% rating but does not effect the Platinum status so it is possible to have a Platinum w/ out 100% game completion.

It is not fair for a game publisher / developer to make it so that you have to buy all a games DLC in order to get a platinum. That would be kinda cheesy to keep pumping out more and more DLC and making people buy it in order to get a platinum trophy. 

The way I see it is that you earn the Platinum for for completing everything in the game as it was at release before any of the DLC, once you finish everything in the game as it was then you earn the Platinum. Once DLC is added it extends the game as far as the 100% rating but does not effect the Platinum status so it is possible to have a Platinum w/ out 100% game completion.

It is not fair for a game publisher / developer to make it so that you have to buy all a games DLC in order to get a platinum. That would be kinda cheesy to keep pumping out more and more DLC and making people buy it in order to get a platinum trophy. 

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

...... If you had read my post, you would have known I was talking about games with NO DLC. 

Yeah I know thats what YOU meant but I also say the game The Walking Dead thrown out there in discussion and that game does have DLC

Yes it has DLC's but you don't need to get the DLC to get the platinum trophy. Just to have the game 100%.

I'll give a example. Buy Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, you have there 51 trophies, including the platinum trophy. AND 50 DLC trophies, but that doesn't mean you cant get the platinum of that game.

Yes it has DLC's but you don't need to get the DLC to get the platinum trophy. Just to have the game 100%.

I'll give a example. Buy Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, you have there 51 trophies, including the platinum trophy. AND 50 DLC trophies, but that doesn't mean you cant get the platinum of that game.

Yes I know I have the game, I have the Platinum and I'm at 84% b/c I have yet to get the 400 Days DLC

• 4 weeks later...