Control Expansion 2 AWE - Announcement Trailer (August 27, 2020)

ziggypossum

As Director of the Federal Bureau of Control, Jesse Faden must enter the Investigations Sector and confront the creature lurking within this long-abandoned part of the Bureau. This threat has haunted the sector for years, waiting on the other side of the sealed Firebreak. In order to reclaim the Investigations Sector from its clutches, Jesse will need to explore the numerous Altered World Events investigated here, including one from the town of Bright Falls.

AWE brings new story content and side missions as well as new weapons and mods to the world of Control.

Launching on PS4 August 27, 2020

• Like 4

Damnit! I am playing this on PSnow and this expansion hits right after it leaves the service. I have bought the season pass for the game, but hadn't checked into the release dates of the expansion. This expansion probably means some more trophies were going to be coming and I can't 100% it while it's on PSnow. I guess I'll buy a physical copy so I can give it away to a friend after I finish the DLC. The game is really good, but very mysterious and confusing at times. 

17 minutes ago, DarthMagnus0605 said:

I really want to play Control but I heard that they are going to release an updated/enhanced version of the game for PS5 so i might wait until I get a PS5 and get it then. I'm sure by that point there will be a GOTY edition I can get 

If you got a ps4 slim or og, I'd recommend waiting on this game. Digital Foundry already did a performance analysis on those base consoles and its pretty terrible. Tested on my gf's PS4 Slim, and the results were accurate.

If you got a PS4 Pro, give it a go. It doesn't run perfect, but it's pretty good. Enjoyed it a ton, can't wait for AWE!

On 07/08/2020 at 0:09 AM, spacey_dweeb said:

Damnit! I am playing this on PSnow and this expansion hits right after it leaves the service. I have bought the season pass for the game, but hadn't checked into the release dates of the expansion. This expansion probably means some more trophies were going to be coming and I can't 100% it while it's on PSnow. I guess I'll buy a physical copy so I can give it away to a friend after I finish the DLC. The game is really good, but very mysterious and confusing at times. 

This hits August 27th and Control is on. Psnow till 31st so it give you 4 days to get it done 

Remedy is working on a new game set in the same world as Control and Alan Wake

The Remedy Connected Universe begins with Control's Alan Wake expansion

https://www.gamesradar.com/remedy-is-working-on-a-new-game-set-in-the-same-world-as-control-and-alan-wake/

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-08-08-alan-wake-and-control-are-part-of-the-remedy-connected-universe

Hell yeah

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 6:09 PM, spacey_dweeb said:

I warned people about this exact thing happening a long time ago.  I knew the game was going to go off in August and that was when the dlc was coming out.  It was planned.  This game while good didn't do as well sales wise as they wanted so i'm sure everything is coordinated.