How bad and grindy is the online?

After playing a bunch of the online it's astronomically grindy. Each match takes between 5-10 minutes. Depending on how good you are you might get between 1-3 takedowns a match. Getting MVP requires you to get the most takedowns in the match which can be a crap shoot at times. I don't really get how the busting system works as sometimes you'll bust a player as a cop and other times it will be a takedown. As for takedown streaks...I can't imagine getting the 20 streak trophy legit. 

If all 9 players stick around the lobby wait time is minimal but the last game I played took almost 40 minutes to start due to waiting for 1 person to join. 

Edited by silnev
  • Like 1

I was looking at the trophy list the other day out of pure curiosity and my first thought was damn this is an unreal grind, honestly I'd be surprised if anybody ever got the plat to this game and well if anybody does I think they deserve another plat on top of it just because of the stupd grind it's going to take.

• 3 weeks later...

400 matches!! I can't get into one. Its not worth the time in my mind. I know this game wasn't worth $60 thats for sure. If it was priced at $30 then it would be reasonable and may have more online. Now if they designed online to have "X" amount of players and then fill the lobby with bots then it would be more reasonable but a required 9 players to get a match started. I'd help boost online but Im not down spending days to grind a trophy. I've done that way too much already. 

On 8/12/2020 at 8:14 AM, PViddy said:

Well I can run 4 copies... I have 2 other ps4s still sealed so I'll run 6 if I have to... who else wants it... prefer 5 more consoles so I dont have to open the others LOL... message me on psn if interested and I'll throw up a boost session.

Curious, do you have 4 people playing or are 3 sitting idle? If sitting idle do any of them get kicked for not participating? Or do you rubber band the gas so at least the cars are moving. 

Edited by Animator22

13 hours ago, Animator22 said:

400 matches!! I can't get into one. Its not worth the time in my mind. I know this game wasn't worth $60 thats for sure. If it was priced at $30 then it would be reasonable and may have more online. Now if they designed online to have "X" amount of players and then fill the lobby with bots then it would be more reasonable but a required 9 players to get a match started. I'd help boost online but Im not down spending days to grind a trophy. I've done that way too much already. 

Curious, do you have 4 people playing or are 3 sitting idle? If sitting idle do any of them get kicked for not participating? Or do you rubber band the gas so at least the cars are moving. 

In terms of idling, No one gets kicked even if the controller is turned off, however, if I server goes through all 10 maps the game will glitch making the server unplayable as all cars will spawn out of the map

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hotsunny_miku said:

In terms of idling, No one gets kicked even if the controller is turned off, however, if I server goes through all 10 maps the game will glitch making the server unplayable as all cars will spawn out of the map

Good to know! I tried the 4 console setup on Driver San Fransisco but it kicked every player not trying to race. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 24/10/2020 at 11:35 PM, Delta1120 said:

decided to be an idiot and go for the plat on this game after seeing the trophy list
i have made a huge mistake

You probably have but i'm happy you have the game as we need more players to buy it to try and fill a lobby ?