PS4 Headset Recommendations?

kidson2004

10 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

The Arctis 7s were on a solid enough sale so went with those.

As someone with an Arctis 7, the audio and mic quality are great. The main reason I urge people against using it for PS4 is the connectivity problems and Steelseries' shit support.

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 5:52 PM, kidson2004 said:

I know the PS5’s coming soon, but I’m looking for any good recommendations for a PS4 headset. Can be wired or wireless. My max budget will be $85. Thanks so much in advance!! 

I would say the stealth black widow headset they are the best type of headset due to the fact it has lasted me about 3 years before it broke and it works for both ps4,pc and xbox and I think if the ports for the ps5 is the same as ps4 then it will work for that too, and it is fairly good for only £10 and if it is in the us it should be about 15 or less

• 5 months later...
On 10/5/2020 at 5:06 PM, Wagszilla said:

The Arctis 7s were on a solid enough sale so went with those.

I'll post impressions in a week+ in case it is of benefit to anyone else. 

FWIW, the Arctis 7s have been perfectly solid headphones after roughly 6 months of usage.

The battery life is loads better than the wireless earbuds I was using so I'm happy with them. 

The hard plastic means you can't lay on them and I wish the mic cord were longer to fit my giant cranium but besides that, they've performed amicably. 

I've had one or two random shutoffs but just pressed the on switch and back in action.

I'm not sure the compatibility with PS5 for future proofing and being able to use the dual-switch features that don't work on PS4 but like I said, I'm not upset with my purchase.

• 7 months later...
23 minutes ago, fadingtrails said:

Hi all,

I've read through the thread. Does anyone have more suggestions when it comes to non-gaming headsets?

I'd like to play Hellblade on PS4 and I understand headphones are a must.

Thanks!

fadingtrails

Do you have a budget? For immersion's sake it's good to have over-ear headphones and Koss has a good range selection https://koss.com/collections/over-ear-headphones

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1

On 30/10/2021 at 1:50 PM, Eraezr said:

Do you have a budget? For immersion's sake it's good to have over-ear headphones and Koss has a good range selection https://koss.com/collections/over-ear-headphones

Thanks for the tip. In terms of a budget, I don't see me spending more than 100 USD (140 AUD) on a headset. Are there any particular characteristics you should look for? I guess for gaming you'd want a wireless headset?

23 hours ago, fadingtrails said:

Thanks for the tip. In terms of a budget, I don't see me spending more than 100 USD (140 AUD) on a headset. Are there any particular characteristics you should look for? I guess for gaming you'd want a wireless headset?

If you're planning to plug directly to the controller with wired, then there's no harm getting wireless. I would only recommend wired for the audiophiles who want to get the best possible sound out of their PS5/PS4 with wired+DAC amp. Doing wired->controller does not tap out the true potency of high performance headsets.

For anyone else reading, I also want to emphasise that gaming headphones have a #gamer tax on them and will always sound worse than standard purpose headphones of same price tier. This is even true for companies like Sennheiser and Sony. There just happens to be a big market for garish, brutalist headphones with RGB all over the place in the PC market that you’d be leaving money on the table *not* engaging with it. If you’re looking for the best audio quality - figure out a way to get audio out of you‘re soundsystem into an AMP and not the gamepad.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 1