PS4 Headset Recommendations?

kidson2004

You can take my recommendation with a grain of salt, but I've used the cheap Turtle Beach ones since I got my PS4 and had no issues besides one pair's adjustable strap breaking. They work with PS3/PS4/PC (hardwire to PC), have buttons on the side that do things like mute, can change the volume on the side, and I can charge them while I wear them because I never remember to charge anything.

My only complaints are that they use to hurt my head if I wore them a long time (but so do headbands so it's probably a me thing) and my make-up rubbed off on the soft ear part and discolored it (which is probably also a me thing). 

2 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

You can take my recommendation with a grain of salt, but I've used the cheap Turtle Beach ones since I got my PS4 and had no issues besides one pair's adjustable strap breaking. They work with PS3/PS4/PC (hardwire to PC), have buttons on the side that do things like mute, can change the volume on the side, and I can charge them while I wear them because I never remember to charge anything.

My only complaints are that they use to hurt my head if I wore them a long time (but so do headbands so it's probably a me thing) and my make-up rubbed off on the soft ear part and discolored it (which is probably also a me thing). 

Are those the $20 ones? If so I had those before and I agree with you about them hurting my head after a while. Plus my 2 year old daughter got to them and the rest is history lol. 

This is what I use, nothing fancy, I don't use it for music or amazing sound just purely mic, but the sound is alright and its pretty cheap; about $30-40. I got during holidays for 20$ so it was a steal.

It has a light on the headset that can be turned off if lighted stuff isn't your thing. Honestly for such a cheap price, its pretty comfy and good imho.
Also this headset seems to cancel outside sound pretty well. If you need that dead silence.

Xperia X V20

You save extra 10% off right now!
https://www.amazon.com/Jeecoo-Headset-Surround-Headphones-Cancelling/dp/B07TC8J6HK/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=xperia+headset+v20&qid=1597943690&sr=8-1

Spoiler

d4ahdca.jpg

Spoiler

RIolUIN.jpg

Spoiler

durFyTu.jpg

Edited by NERVergoproxy

3 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

Are those the $20 ones? If so I had those before and I agree with you about them hurting my head after a while. Plus my 2 year old daughter got to them and the rest is history lol. 

They were the "Turtle Beach Stealth 400" which apparently they don't make anymore, so my recommendation is even more useless, lol. I had to overstretch them to get them to stop giving me a headache, but eventually, we got there and are going on three years strong. 

1 minute ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Sony Platinum or Gold (cheaper) 

His maxbudget is $85. Gold is at least 100$ and plat is around 130$.

11 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Sony Platinum or Gold (cheaper) 

^ This.

Don't waste your time with expensive third-party headsets. I'm using the Steelseries Artis 7 (tons of awards for best headset), but it was a complete waste of money and the damn thing doesn't work well with PS4 (even though it was sold as fully compatible). Just stick with the official Sony brand and call it a day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Helyx said:

^ This.

Don't waste your time with expensive third-party headsets. I'm using the Steelseries Artis 7 (tons of awards for best headset), but it was a complete waste of money and the damn thing doesn't work well with PS4 (even though it was sold as fully compatible). Just stick with the official Sony brand and call it a day.

I’ll have to save a little more then. Max budget is $85 for right now. Could wait until Black Friday to get a Sony headset. 

• Like 1

Just now, kidson2004 said:

I’ll have to save a little more then. Max budget is $85 for right now. Could wait until Black Friday to get a Sony headset. 

I feel ya. I've had nothing but bad experiences with cheap headsets. Even spending $25 on off-brand ended up being a waste of money in the long run, since the durability is always terrible and the quality sub-par (also, uncomfortable during extended use of 2+ hours).

So I'm currently using a Bose QC35 cause I'm playing a lot of singleplayers RN. For talking I use a pair of SONY MDR-XB50AP (€40).

In the past 5 years I've also used the Logitech G432 headset (€60) which was pretty nice but it gets extremely hot with the big ear caps. Sound and voice where good tho.

I also used the hyper x cloud from Kingston and those where great. After 3 years the mic stopped working but other than that it was a very good headphone. The cloud 2 is in NL (€95) but we get screwed on prices so maybe u can get 1 for $85. 

The 7.1 in the cloud was way better door gaming then the Bose QC35 (no 7.1) but the music and everything else on the bose is Just wow (in my opion). If I'm ever gonna buy a headset again would go for cloud again. 

I have always used Turtle Beach. I bought one a long time back and it started acting up on me. I called the company and they replaced it without any questions. Since then, I have just stayed with them for their customer service. If you want a cheap set that works well and costs very little, my friend swears by his pair of Hyper X. 

@kidson2004 if you're going to buy a headset, stay away from gaming headsets

They're overpriced crap

Once you get a true good pair of headphones you never look back

I have the Sennheiser Momentums Version 1

I bought my first pair for $250

I never heard such sound so damn good, and I tried MANY headphones in my search over a few months many years ago

They then were discontinued because of Version 2 (no better in sound, just has wireless capabilities)

And amazon was flooded with used Version 1s at $30, needless to say I bought as many as I could (5) because I never wanted to be without in case my own died. That's how much I love them. Though I ended up giving 2 pairs away to friends. So im down to 4

But you can still find them on ebay for about $60-80 used

I will say you will NEVER be disappointed in your purchase.

You can even buy new replacement third party ear pads and cables for them on amazon like I did for cheap, or clean the old ones

Just make sure you buy "Over-The-Ears" pair of Momentums and not "On-Ears" The "On-Ears" I hear cause pain

I will say again, you will never go back

And you get originally $300 highly ranked headphones for like $80

That's my recommendation based on what ive tried over the many years. Because everyone should have a damn good pair of headphones! :highfive:

3 hours ago, Helyx said:

^ This.

I use this headset too and have never had a problem with it. Works as I expected it too.

49 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

I use this headset too and have never had a problem with it. Works as I expected it too.

I walked from where my PS4 was setup out to my front yard (less than ten meters) to get something from my truck. The transmitter literally broke because I got out of range, and then I had to jump through hoops for three weeks with customer support to get a replacement even though my warranty was good for another 8 months.

If you PS4 switch users while the headset is on, you'll have to completely restart the console to get audio back to the headset (even going through the pairing steps doesn't solve this). It's a huge inconvenience and just generally a pain in the ass. The purpose of getting a higher quality headset was for a better overall experience, but the Arctis 7 doesn't come close to delivering on this premise.

5 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

They were the "Turtle Beach Stealth 400" which apparently they don't make anymore, so my recommendation is even more useless, lol. I had to overstretch them to get them to stop giving me a headache, but eventually, we got there and are going on three years strong. 

I use a Turtle Beach Recon 60P which is rare to find but Turtle Beach is selling a refurbished for $20 (originally $50). The audio is great with amplified audio for PS4/PS4 Pro, can be used on a PS3 as well and can get audio from the PS3 with an audio splitter 3.5mm male, can be used on a PC as well. The only problem is the mic is pretty bad (outside audio can be heard) but it is replaceable so you get a better one. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any recommendations besides the above?

I've been looking at the SteelSeries Arctis 7s. 

My main concern is the mic.

I get tons of background noise with the wired earbud mic. 

I'm not buying Sony Gold / Platinums. Too many bad reviews from people I trust.

1 minute ago, Wagszilla said:

Anyone have any recommendations besides the above?

I've been looking at the SteelSeries Arctis 7s. 

My main concern is the mic.

I get tons of background noise with the wired earbud mic. 

I'm not buying Sony Gold / Platinums. Too many bad reviews from people I trust.

Ebay, used "Sennheiser Momentum v1 Over Ear"

I bought a few for myself when the prices dropped insanely because I have never used a better headset. It has an inline mic, but it's a damn good in line mic. Little difference in quality between the inline and my attached Sennheiser pc373D

You'll never use any other headset again, I promise that. You want immersion with a good mic, the gaming ones are not as good at that in comparison

You're welcome :highfive:

• Like 1

I have the Arctis 7s and I played The Division 2 with a friend last week that I hadn't played with in quite awhile. He asked me if I got a new headset as I sounded much clearer than he remembered. I had replaced my older fat strap Sony Gold so he did notice a difference.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Ebay, used "Sennheiser Momentum v1 Over Ear"

I bought a few for myself when the prices dropped insanely because I have never used a better headset. It has an inline mic, but it's a damn good in line mic. Little difference in quality between the inline and my attached Sennheiser pc373D

You'll never use any other headset again, I promise that. You want immersion with a good mic, the gaming ones are not as good at that in comparison

You're welcome :highfive:

Thanks, I'll look into it. I have Senn's for music but trying to keep those pristine. 

25 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

I have the Arctis 7s and I played The Division 2 with a friend last week that I hadn't played with in quite awhile. He asked me if I got a new headset as I sounded much clearer than he remembered. I had replaced my older fat strap Sony Gold so he did notice a difference.

Good to hear. 

• Like 1