Trophy Thoughts.

5 hours ago, Cissa90 said:

Yeah, some scrolls or even materials seem to be just from the last selection after beating a boss in the bonus difficulty dungeons. Note, these dungeons have same layout as the old versions, except a different color/miasma background, reskinned enemies, and bosses. And the difficulty really spikes in them. 3 times the amount of enemies it feels like. And bosses got really high HP. Almost forcing you to play 3-4 people to have a chance.

The so called "strongest" enemy i dunno where is yet. Looking at the trophy image for a new enemy, and strongest, it might be time based on the daily rotation. As the current dungeons got yellow icon, and not red. (Same as the 2 trophy images).

It's the Rebena Te Ra boss in the post-game hard mode dungeon. I've been following this GameFAQ thread where this guy is listing out details of what he earns with all the post game dungeons. He mentioned he got the trophy in that dungeon according to this post:

Worlds Strongest Monster

Also it seems like most of the post game dungeon's loot/artifact table for defeating the boss is static and does not rely on bonus points at all with the exception of the

Spoiler

Ring of Meteor

and also seems like rarer to earn artifacts from earlier years also drop in post-game dungeons, perhaps to make up for the fact they are more harder to earn if you miss them in the base game?

Edit: Though you might be right and maybe it's based on the daily rotation. Maybe it selects a random one to make super hard for that day? That would mean yesterdays one was Rebena Te Ra. I'm not at post game so I can't confirm yet.

Edited by Sword

5 hours ago, Cissa90 said:

Yeah, some scrolls or even materials seem to be just from the last selection after beating a boss in the bonus difficulty dungeons. Note, these dungeons have same layout as the old versions, except a different color/miasma background, reskinned enemies, and bosses. And the difficulty really spikes in them. 3 times the amount of enemies it feels like. And bosses got really high HP. Almost forcing you to play 3-4 people to have a chance.

The so called "strongest" enemy i dunno where is yet. Looking at the trophy image for a new enemy, and strongest, it might be time based on the daily rotation. As the current dungeons got yellow icon, and not red. (Same as the 2 trophy images).

Going with multiple people will be suicide, not because of the difficulty, but because you gonna have to play up to four times due to how bad the multiplayer has been optimized.

SE made this game 100% to be near unachievable in group despite being a multiplayer game because if the game can take over 100 hours to complete solo, with a group it will take over 400 hours to complete.

3 hours ago, Vanyar1 said:

Why do people keep saying it is grindy to get merchant, blacksmith, tailor and alchemist up? It's actually pretty easy. At the start of each year, rotate between every member of the caravan and talk to their family. This will advance the relationships (without needing to actually play as different characters), and after four years or so every relationship will be maxed. The only grindy thing is getting the alchemist up, but if the main character is the alchemist's child even this gets easy.

But I agree that getting every artifact will take a lot of time. I'm not sure how often you'll get the best scrolls and the corresponding materials in the new dungeon, but I think that this can be done pretty fast if you're lucky.

You don't need to rotate too much, in the old game the Merchant, Blacksmith and Tailor families would always level up together, level up one and the other two will level up too, Alchemist was indeed the most annoying since he had a level cap of 12 in the old game.

For artifacts, in the old game, there were 72 artifacts, 8 per area(some artifacts repeated in other places) making you play nearly 10 times each area of the game(12 areas in total, not counting the final area or the secret area, nor the hard mode).

In the game, only four artifacts appeared first, the other four were hidden, in order to access these higher-level artifacts, you needed higher bonus points. Bonus points were calculated by doing simple stuff like picking items in areas and casting spells or using combination attacks(high difficult to do solo), there was more complicated stuff like not taking damage in the area(including the boss fight), finishing an area fast, etc... Once the bonus points reached a certain value, the higher artifacts would become open to selection at end of the area.

Edited by Someonew

5 hours ago, Someonew said:

You don't need to rotate too much, in the old game the Merchant, Blacksmith and Tailor families would always level up together, level up one and the other two will level up too, Alchemist was indeed the most annoying since he had a level cap of 12 in the old game.

For artifacts, in the old game, there were 72 artifacts, 8 per area(some artifacts repeated in other places) making you play nearly 10 times each area of the game(12 areas in total, not counting the final area or the secret area, nor the hard mode).

In the game, only four artifacts appeared first, the other four were hidden, in order to access these higher-level artifacts, you needed higher bonus points. Bonus points were calculated by doing simple stuff like picking items in areas and casting spells or using combination attacks(high difficult to do solo), there was more complicated stuff like not taking damage in the area(including the boss fight), finishing an area fast, etc... Once the bonus points reached a certain value, the higher artifacts would become open to selection at end of the area.

I didn't know that those families level up together. That makes it even more easy xD

Yeah, I know how that artifact stuff works, I played the original game a lot and it's the same in this version. It still depends on luck if you need rare artifacts, but knowing how many points you need for a certain artifact from a boss helps a lot ^^

8 hours ago, Sword said:

It's the Rebena Te Ra boss in the post-game hard mode dungeon. I've been following this GameFAQ thread where this guy is listing out details of what he earns with all the post game dungeons. He mentioned he got the trophy in that dungeon according to this post:

Worlds Strongest Monster

Also it seems like most of the post game dungeon's loot/artifact table for defeating the boss is static and does not rely on bonus points at all with the exception of the

Reveal hidden contents

Ring of Meteor

and also seems like rarer to earn artifacts from earlier years also drop in post-game dungeons, perhaps to make up for the fact they are more harder to earn if you miss them in the base game?

Edit: Though you might be right and maybe it's based on the daily rotation. Maybe it selects a random one to make super hard for that day? That would mean yesterdays one was Rebena Te Ra. I'm not at post game so I can't confirm yet.

Can confirm it's still Lich in Rebena Te Ra. Since it's the "last" dungeon before last boss. It's basically tuned to be cycle 7. Looking at the grouping up cycles, Goblin Wall and Rebena Te Ra are on cycle 7, the highest of all other post game dungeons. Though I beat Goblin Wall yesterday and it did not net the trophy. 

These are the difficulty cycles on each post game dungeon.

https://imgur.com/a/cN4TzBp

Edited by Cissa90

9 hours ago, Cissa90 said:

Can confirm it's still Lich in Rebena Te Ra. Since it's the "last" dungeon before last boss. It's basically tuned to be cycle 7. Looking at the grouping up cycles, Goblin Wall and Rebena Te Ra are on cycle 7, the highest of all other post game dungeons. Though I beat Goblin Wall yesterday and it did not net the trophy. 

These are the difficulty cycles on each post game dungeon.

https://imgur.com/a/cN4TzBp

That's good to know then. Glad that trophy has been figured out! Interesting that they go up to Cycle 7 though, considering the base game only went to Cycle 3. The weapons it must give you have to be a lot stronger than the base game then, to be able to do that content. I couldn't imagine doing a Cycle 7 dungeon with just the base game weapons and armor... Seems like it would be 3 times harder.

16 minutes ago, Sword said:

That's good to know then. Glad that trophy has been figured out! Interesting that they go up to Cycle 7 though, considering the base game only went to Cycle 3. The weapons it must give you have to be a lot stronger than the base game then, to be able to do that content. I couldn't imagine doing a Cycle 7 dungeon with just the base game weapons and armor... Seems like it would be 3 times harder.

The original dungeons only go to cycle 3 tops. But post game dungeons start at said cycles. From 4-7. Like a hard cap on them. So no need to grind same one to reach 7 :P atleast from my first viewings.

Another thing to note is, since you can transfer save between mobile devices and nintendo switch, expect to see fastest time completions in the 1 hour range :P Since one can get 100% on NS or android for example, transfer to PS4, do 1 of each trigger and have shit popped easilly, or even autpop if it functions that way:p And since one can mod alot of shit on those 3 systems before transferring to ps4, that can be interesting to see:p

On 8/26/2020 at 9:25 AM, TheSleepyBeauty said:

A platinum does not make or break a game. I can't imagine you playing games back in the late 90's and early 00's where there was no such thing as platinums. You wouldn't survive a day! You might of aswell not even bother playing videogames at all. 

Try beating Ninja Gaiden and Battletoads on the NES. Anybody who has beaten those games deserves respect in my book.

As somebody who played a lot of games in that era, I can tell you I would gladly play a lot of those games if they had a trophy list. If they have a platinum, that's even better.

A lot of gamers nowadays probably couldn't beat a lot of games from the 1990s/2000s. Everything has been streamlined and made much easier compared to the AAA stuff we got back then.

• Like 2