Trophy Thoughts.

21 minutes ago, Hinsusta said:

Around 60-80hrs to 100% the game. 

Maybe more if you don't get the artifacts in some areas. 

Does the game tell you where the artifacts are located this time around? I know in the original it didn't but it would be great if the game told you "earned in xx dungeon" xD 

Also I'm sure I saw it in the promo but I'm assuming hard dungeons drop artifacts that the regular ones don't, correct?

Never played the original, and I was gonna pick it up if I had some people to play with so we could work towards getting the plat..but the list is pretty awful. Will it be a good game? Sure, probably, and maybe ill pick it up down the line but with Avengers coming up soon, I'll save my multiplayer/coop patience for that. I get burnt out of online games much easier than single player ones, and i got too many other 50+ hour jrpgs i want to play that I can really enjoy AND get a platinum as well. To me, it adds to the fun and satisfaction, so maybe down the road I'll check this out.

14 minutes ago, Sword said:

Does the game tell you where the artifacts are located this time around? I know in the original it didn't but it would be great if the game told you "earned in xx dungeon" xD 

Also I'm sure I saw it in the promo but I'm assuming hard dungeons drop artifacts that the regular ones don't, correct?

Sadly no but you can look in the internet where to find the missing artifacts :)

Dang, this is a super disappointing list... Almost every other Final Fantasy game released for the PS3 and PS4 has a platinum, but not this? Four of the Kingdom Hearts games gets two trophy lists each and they all have platinums? I played the crap out of the Gamecube version and I can very easily picture what other trophies they could've included. That being said... This is one of my favorite Final Fantasy games, one of my favorite Gamecube games and my favorite out of the entire Crystal Chronicles series. I will still play this version (pre-ordered it) and I know I'll still have a blast playing it. With and without friends.

4 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I can't recall the last time a retail game launched without a platinum, what a terrible decision. I'll definitely pass on this for now.

Considering it isn't a "retail" release this time.. but it's still a missed opportunity by Square, considering a bunch of their other remasters have had platinums.

4 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I can't recall the last time a retail game launched without a platinum, what a terrible decision. I'll definitely pass on this for now.

bruh that is so very dumb

Honestly, not a big deal in the slightest. The game is good, the game is good then. Trophies shouldn't determine if you buy a game or not, it's just silly

• Like 2

I didn’t much care for this game back in the day, but no platinum is a strange decision.

16 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

bruh that is so very dumb

Honestly, not a big deal in the slightest. The game is good, the game is good then. Trophies shouldn't determine if you buy a game or not, it's just silly

Trophies would be one of the main selling points for a(nother) rehash from Squeenix.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NOWITSREYNTIME17 said:

I dont know what you are trying to say but I'm just gonna reply with no

Was it really that difficult for you to understand?

This is an OLD game. I still own my old copy. Why would I buy a new copy if it didn’t have additions that I wanted? You know, like a platinum? But hey - if you think you’re better placed to determine how other gamers spend their time and money, by all means continue.

If that’s still too confusing for you, I can use words with fewer letters.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 4

Very disappointing, and hearing that online play is basically fucked, no point in me getting the game. Loved playing it on Gamecube when young with my brother and we were looking forward to this, but the multiplayer decisions they've made mean no chance we will get it as there is literally no point :(

7 hours ago, ShadeSplit said:

I look forward to all of the big shots bragging on a trophy hunting website about how trophies don't matter to them.

There are people on this forum who enjoy getting platinum trophies for games they like but are not obsessed with trophies and don't care if a game is a 100% game or has a platinum trophy. To stay on topic: I never played this game and look forward to it ?

Edited by anotherfangirl
  • Like 1

To be honest, I don't really care about the trophies. I don't buy games to determine if I can get a platinum or not. I'm more in it for the nostalgia and fun, but I can understand people's disappointment. ;/ I can't wait to play this game at midnight!

Edited by kittygirl2010
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Was it really that difficult for you to understand?

This is an OLD game. I still own my old copy. Why would I buy a new copy if it didn’t have additions that I wanted? You know, like a platinum? But hey - if you think you’re better placed to determine how other gamers spend their time and money, by all means continue.

If that’s still too confusing for you, I can use words with fewer letters.

maybe because you are not obligated to have whatever trophies you want, you play for the game and that's that. You should be complaining about extra stuff not being in the actual game, not trophies

this has no plat but don't worry for only an extra $1 and 5 min of your time you can get the plat in Road Bustle. That makes up for this right?? .......

seriously though this is disappointing seeing this, part of why I am getting fed up with how trophies are being allocated in games now adays....

• Like 2