Trophy thoughts?

On 8/29/2020 at 11:05 PM, Titanomachy_75 said:

I hate I mean I hate!!!! Any damn trophy where you have to beat the game in under? Sigh!! I wonder if the game is short ... time will tell!

Well, i mean the trophy is to beat it in under 5 hours. So yeah, it's probably a short game. First play through, I would guess, will take no longer than 10-15 hours....maybe around 20 if people take their sweet time.

What I'm concerned about is the price. $40 price tag, for a game that looks like a $15 digital only (i know it's not digital only), just sayin' it looks like one.... AND on top of that, a trophy for beating the game in under 5hours... thus showing the consumer that's it's a pretty short game, which means there probably isn't much content.

I feel like putting that 5 hours trophy is going to hurt sales :/, because aren't going to buy such a short game for $40.

Edited by Fish613
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Fish613 said:

Well, i mean the trophy is to beat it in under 5 hours. So yeah, it's probably a short game. First play through, I would guess, will take no longer than 10-15 hours....maybe around 20 if people take their sweet time.

What I'm concerned about is the price. $40 price tag, for a game that looks like a $15 digital only (i know it's not digital only), just sayin' it looks like one.... AND on top of that, a trophy for beating the game in under 5hours... thus showing the consumer that's it's a pretty short game, which means there probably isn't much content.

I feel like putting that 5 hours trophy is going to hurt sales :/

It was $30 before pandemic.

I was also interested in the game, i had it on my wishlist, but after the raise, and more importantly, a very recent video mentioning the gameplay being simple and floaty, no thank you, I'll just go for Sakuna rice and ruin or other title i think it will get me more for those 40 like Amalur's Remaster or Mafia Remaster.

On 8/29/2020 at 10:05 PM, Titanomachy_75 said:

I hate I mean I hate!!!! Any damn trophy where you have to beat the game in under? Sigh!! I wonder if the game is short ... time will tell!

Agree'd but this one seems doable and isn't as bad as trophies requiring you to beat games in under an hour or less 

On 8/29/2020 at 10:19 PM, Fish613 said:

I feel like putting that 5 hours trophy is going to hurt sales :/

$40? For real?

The game looks fun but not $40 fun

Like you said it should be a $15 at max

Will be waiting on a deep sale for sure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainJeff87 said:

Agree'd but this one seems doable and isn't as bad as trophies requiring you to beat games in under an hour or less 

$40? For real?

The game looks fun but not $40 fun

Like you said it should be a $15 at max

Will be waiting on a deep sale for sure

Yeah, 40 is unreasonable!!! 

• Like 1

I rented this game from Gamefly, so I don't feel too bad about playing it. But it's not a very stable game. The frames are all out of sort and it feels very clunky.

As for the trophies, I think I'm going to finish the game but not really gonna go for the platinum. Finishing the game without dying seems more RNG than skill based and the current patch is so wonky, I'd wait until they fix it. And I'd especially wait for the game to go on sale cause $40 is insane.

• 1 year later...