Ranked games...do they even exist anymore?

Wade_VC

Yeah, I know I am on the ball with this. I got the game new but only started playing it the last few weeks :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have had no luck finding Ranked games. Do they even still exist, or am I pretty much SOL in trying to get a PLAT on this game? All I know is that I love the co-op, but as those of you who have played it know, I also need Ranked games to fulfill some trophy requirements (and it looks like a grind too).

Any tips, suggestions or even responses appreciated.

Hey Wade

I have just bought R3 and when i took it round to show a friend he let me know i still had R2 at his house, of which like you i got it on release and havent played it lol

If the plat is possible and you fancy some company on the grind, gimmie a shout bud ;)

last time I checked the online was still very active. but some advice, your better off finding yourself a boosting partner. not so much that the online trophies are difficult, but to play it for fun to get the trophies will take you another 2 years. the trophies are those that are hated for the time required. even @ a grind it will take some time.

but to answer your question, yes I would say there are plenty of ranked matches still on line.

it's funny though. do ya know how to go about getting into an online match.?

it's funny though. do ya know how to go about getting into an online match.?

How do you mean bud?

From what I read (the information ticker at the bottom of the screen), the only way to find a Ranked game is to select "Play Now", as by using the Search for a Game or Custom Game feature are not Ranked matches. I may be wrong about that, but I did notice that only time I saw the "Searching for Ranked Games" message or notification was when I selected "Play Now".

I have played a few Competitive games, custom games, etc., and I have indeed noticed that they do not count towards my Ranked Game stats.

...now if I am all fuckered up and am missing something, I would so appreciate a slap upside the head and being pointed in another direction. :huh:

The best way to do this is to find a boosting partner, as Simba suggested. The DLC map pack only costs a few bucks, but is well worth it for peace and quiet while you boost. The DLC maps are basically empty - giving you and your partner plenty of uninterrupted sessions.

• 1 month later...

Wade, you catch me @ home over the weekend and I'll work with you on the ranked games. I've been playing R2 in between bouts w RDR. Picked up 6 trophies today.

Trust me to see this post on Sunday evening. :angry:

I know where you are and vice-versa. We will defo hook up for this and some more RDR as well!

• Like 1

Can I sign up for some boosting? It's been almost 2 years now and that Killing Machine trophy is staring at me menacingly. It's about time I closed this game out and got that Platinum. I still need to buy the DLC maps, but I'll wait until we've got everything else set up.

I'm on the west coast (PST) and usually on for a few hours around 8 or 9, and also most of the time on weekends. I've got a mic and usb keyboard, so voice or text chat is viable.

Can I sign up for some boosting? It's been almost 2 years now and that Killing Machine trophy is staring at me menacingly. It's about time I closed this game out and got that Platinum. I still need to buy the DLC maps, but I'll wait until we've got everything else set up.

I'm on the west coast (PST) and usually on for a few hours around 8 or 9, and also most of the time on weekends. I've got a mic and usb keyboard, so voice or text chat is viable.

I will add you when I log on tonight bud. I have a few others who want to join in. Probably not a boosting session per se, but at least a few folks who can get together to try and whittle away at what we need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Plenty of people to play full lobbies of Team Deathmatch (10 players), but that is pretty much it, however there is enough to still get the Killing Machine trophy legit. Dedication and an effective strategy as in kills per day will get you through it. That's what I am doing at least! :D