WARNING: Platinum trophy (may bee) unobtainable with version 1.02. EDIT: Fixed with version 1.03 patch

lonny2001

35 minutes ago, ImApanda85 said:

Hi, I'm a little confused. It doesn't show up as patch 1.03 to me, it actually shows like version 1.01, as if they deleted or downgraded from 1.02, and I just can't get that dang fly.

Any ideas, guys?  Thank you!

Highlight the game app, then press Options and scroll down to the 

information tab to see the version number. Not all devs remember to update the Update History tab, thus you will often see erroneous info in there because of that.

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Highlight the game app, then press Options and scroll down to the 

information tab to see the version number. Not all devs remember to update the Update History tab, thus you will often see erroneous info in there because of that.

Dang, I just cant get it. In information it shows up as if I have 1.02 version. I check for an update and nothing. I'm in North America / Mexico region. This is weird, I do't get it  :(

10 minutes ago, ImApanda85 said:

Dang, I just cant get it. In information it shows up as if I have 1.02 version. I check for an update and nothing. I'm in North America / Mexico region. This is weird, I do't get it  :(

You could try deleting and redownloading the game, which would force a check for the latest patch. It is also possible that NA has not (yet) received the patch. The above posters were EU.

• Like 2

I tweeted the developers and publishers asking for any info on an americas, or any other region, patch. I will let you know if they answer.

Meanwhile, is it possible to download the patch from another region, maybe by changing the country on the console? Is that a stupid question? (It probably is)

1 hour ago, ImApanda85 said:

I tweeted the developers and publishers asking for any info on an americas, or any other region, patch. I will let you know if they answer.

Meanwhile, is it possible to download the patch from another region, maybe by changing the country on the console? Is that a stupid question? (It probably is)

No, the patch is locked to the region of the game, so you would need to buy the European version of the game to get a European patch.

Your account is also tied to the region where you first registered it, so changing the region for your console doesn’t change the region of your account.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

No, the patch is locked to the region of the game, so you would need to buy the European version of the game to get a European patch.

Your account is also tied to the region where you first registered it, so changing the region for your console doesn’t change the region of your account.

Thank you for your answer. Then it is fingers-crossed that America gets the patch too.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

The game only has one region in terms of trophy lists, so anyone who doesn’t want to wait for the US version to get patched can purchase the game using a Euro account (and still play it using their US account) to get the platinum.

I don’t see any reason why your existing US save game won’t work on the Euro version either seeing as there’s only one stack, so you should be able to pick up where you left off, otherwise you may have to restart the whole game. Maybe someone else can confirm this?

I’ve already got the platinum so am not buying it again to find out lol.

Buzz Buzz

Edited by Rowbokop
Added bee sign off at the end.

2 hours ago, Rowbokop said:

The game only has one region in terms of trophy lists, so anyone who doesn’t want to wait for the US version to get patched can purchase the game using a Euro account (and still play it using their US account) to get the platinum.

I don’t see any reason why your existing US save game won’t work on the Euro version either seeing as there’s only one stack, so you should be able to pick up where you left off, otherwise you may have to restart the whole game. Maybe someone else can confirm this?

I’ve already got the platinum so am not buying it again to find out lol.

Buzz Buzz

Saves are region locked more often than not so you can't use e.g. US saves with an EU game or vice versa. If you buy the EU version of this game as a replacement for the NA release, you will almost certainly be forced to start a new game from scratch.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Saves are region locked so you can't use e.g. US saves with an EU game or vice versa. If you buy the EU version as a replacement for the NA release, you will be forced to start a new game from scratch.

Well, saves aren't always region locked. I remember I had the digital EU version of Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines from PS+ on the Vita. Decided to buy a physical Asian copy since I enjoyed it enough to own, and was pleasantly surprised to see my saves worked with it. I've heard that's the case for a few other Vita games as well.

But yeah, for the vast majority of games, saves are indeed region locked unfortunately. And I'm not even sure if there are any PS4 games with region free saves. Heck, even some different versions of games (like GOTY, "complete" editions, etc.) will have saves incompatible with each other, because they're technically different SKUs.

Probably best to just assume Bee Simulator has region locked saves, unless anyone is willing to buy both versions to confirm otherwise.