Info Box/Topic Creating Limit

PaladinBane

I really like some of these recommendations, a lot of this can be added in the sidebar where game information already is, and a lot of this looks like it's user-added information so it wouldn't be hard, the only things that would probably have to be added by admins is the online/offline info and the server status... either way, I like these! As always, it's up to Sly Ripper to add it to his site and I would guess it would be a consideration of what would "clutter" the site and what would actually be entered by users, etc...

• Like 1

One more supporter here, but to add to your idea, only people who have 75+% could vote the game, that way only people who knows most of the game can give their oppinions. Difficulty thread are bullshitted over .org because of random anonymous that votes 1 or 10 into every game. Also, for people who voted the game, it should be noted. Like, every vote is linked to someone, so you can be "flagged" as a bad rater if you bullshit the game rating even if you have the plat for the game. Otherwise that, your idea is fantastic.

One more addition: for new people who have just came into the forums, a little tutorial about the status updates would be nice, that way a lot of threads will never be created for stupid things.

Last addition: Instead of a overall difficulty (like .org, you gather all votes and divide), we could use a difficulty range. Like, if some people says it's a 4 and other says it's an 8, the game should be 4 ~ 8 instead of 6. I'm saying this because i'm an awful player and more than usually have difficulty in games that are classified as 4~6. I have bitched about these in the past few days, check it here.

• Like 2

I really like some of these recommendations, a lot of this can be added in the sidebar where game information already is, and a lot of this looks like it's user-added information so it wouldn't be hard, the only things that would probably have to be added by admins is the online/offline info and the server status... either way, I like these! As always, it's up to Sly Ripper to add it to his site and I would guess it would be a consideration of what would "clutter" the site and what would actually be entered by users, etc...

I know Sly may not like this but a desk or a guides teams could help in collecting the data. It's his website so he should pick and edit what he wants. Also the data can combat against hacking as well. 

I know Sly may not like this but a desk or a guides teams could help in collecting the data. It's his website so he should pick and edit what he wants. Also the data can combat against hacking as well. 

There was word a while ago that guides weren't possibly going to be created for the site, I don't know how this is progressing though.

Pretty sure there are a few threads around about it

There was word a while ago that guides weren't possibly going to be created for the site, I don't know how this is progressing though.

Pretty sure there are a few threads around about it

I don't think the OP suggested creating guides, his idea was more likely to creat the roadmaps instead. You place all the info you need to know about what you need to complete a game core trophy set. I may be wrong, but I think this is what he meant.

In a game like Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, all the trophies are offline, so they would all have the red light within them.

In a game like Dungeon Defenders or Counter Strike: Global Operation, all the trophies are doable online AND offline, so they would have a yellow light within them.

In a game like Killzone 3 Multiplayer, all the trophies are online, so they would have a green light within them.

I had a few more ideas to add for this, since this is a new idea and the database is huge, a few volunteers should be picked to do those "roadmaps" for the site and them submitted. This way, would be a lot more reliable and less likely to have trolling. I can volunteer, since I work on the computer and have a lot of free time on the web. I know that we have 2001 games tracked and that will increase over time, but it's doable, right? Like people in Dragon Ball always walk until the end of the infinite "China Wall of Heaven" (which i don't know the name). One day, it must get to an end. We should priorize the most played games first and then go for the less played. This would help: https://psnprofiles.com/games?order=owners

After the "roadmaps" are done, one or two volunteers should be picked to keep updating the new games or the old ones which servers close and that kind of stuff. I wouldn't get myself this far lol just would like to help with the hardest part.

• Like 1

I do like the idea of rating, but agree with Yuri, where it's only open to people who have platinumed or completed over 75% of the game. Otherwise, it's open to abuse by people who vote games 1 or 10 just for the hell of it.

I do like the way the trophy guides work over here with the compilation of the tips, I find myself using these more & more instead of the guides on .org

In terms of limiting number of threads/post count, I disagree with imposing a limit as the number of awesome new members far outweighs the number of trolls. Maybe the rating system could be used in this respect, so if new members have under 10 posts but have been rated quite highly, they can continue posting (and vice versa of course)

• Like 1

I don't think the OP suggested creating guides, his idea was more likely to creat the roadmaps instead. You place all the info you need to know about what you need to complete a game core trophy set. I may be wrong, but I think this is what he meant.

I know what he was suggested, all I did was bring up what want I knew about the guides when it was mentioned.

From what I understand when this site was started the aim was to avoid the rainbow teams that are on other sites and I would hate to see 'guide' or 'roadmap' teams here, I'm fine with how things are and it I need other information I can easily get it elsewhere.

• Like 2

About ranks, ratings and stuff. I think the best way is to let everyone vote, but to have different vote weight (ranks or percentage based). Like 1 / 0.5 / 0.25 / 0.1 for 100% / 75% / 50% / 25% or for S / A / B / C.

That way even insane hard (like Sine Mora with 0.1% of people having more then 50% completetion) or long games will recieve some votes.

Edited by vivan
  • Like 1

Although I generally agree with OP, i do feel it isnt really something that can be added without guides.

From the glimpses we have seen of the guide system I'm not sure this would fit in either. But they are glimpses so who knows ?

The front end of the site is more about hard stats, user feedback is anything but that.

Would it not be possible to do this in individual threads within the forums?

• Like 1

Of course it's possible. But voting baсked up by votes of real people who actually completed the game is much more valuable than some random anonymous one. Especially when there's really small amount of votes.

All I mean is that it isn't hard stats which is more or less what the front end of the site is about. they only reflect an opinion. I would put acl football game as a 10/10 difficulty whereas someone else would say they could plat it while riding a bicycle.  

As I said, this may or may not fit in when trophy guides actually come up, but for now this seems like a more 'forumy' thing than a front end thing ;)

oh and just for the record, I'm 150% behind Simpo on the whole 'team' thing. It usually ends in power hungry BS and a load of trolling ...

The only 'team' outside of the mods here are the header guys who are doing a great job, mainly because they aren't saying they are part of the developpement of the site, they just want good image headers :P

Edited by Memnoch
  • Like 2

All I mean is that it isn't hard stats which is more or less what the front end of the site is about. they only reflect an opinion.

But averaged opinion is quite a hard stat. Especially, if game completetion is taken into account.

Polls on forums are easily abused. They are far from perfect. And it's impossible to fix them.

Polls on other sites (not trophy tracking, like metacritic), are easily abused too. They are just as bad and useless.

That leads to the conclusion that only trophy-tracking site could have such feature properly implemented.

A good example of such approach is myanimelist.net. To rate anime you have to have it in your list. If you want to lower rating of the show you've never watched by giving it 1 - you still have to add it to your list. But that will screw up your list. Alternatively, you can create new accounts - but such activity is tracked and such accounts are get banned.

I would put acl football game as a 10/10 difficulty

On ps3t - yes. And that's exactly why their polls sucks. But with system that takes your profile into account - no, since you've never completed it. Problem solved. But if you would complete it - okay, it's your opinion and it's somewhat valuable.

Would you rate your GT5 plat as 1/10? I doubt it.

now this seems like a more 'forumy' thing than a front end thing ;)

I don't see how this could be a "forumy" thing. Just because ps3t is too lazy to do anything (they can't even add custom poll, that would calculate average by itself) doesn't mean that everything is a "forumy" thing. Really, it's just as stupid as all those maximum clubs there, that are run by people who manually update them.
  • Like 1