Trophy Thoughts?

YooHooFan670

21 minutes ago, NashtyMouse said:

I’m hoping no bugged trophies and no missables. I’ve been waiting for this game a long time, can’t wait to play it!

Me too , been waiting since November last year. Unfortunately I'm saving for both crash 4 and the ps5 so my budget is not enough for Tamarin. I will definitely get it when it's on sale though. The trophy list looks easy and fun 

2 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Been waiting so long for this game! Definitely gonna go into my collection of 3D PLATformers.

Seems like an average 3d Platformer list. Did Ty and Lucky recently, so it'll probably be about same as those. But this is probably a meatier game.

I also recently got both of those! From early reviews this is probably a less meaty game actually, apparently the game is only about 5 hours long, roughly 10 to 100%.

i hope I find it enjoyable, both reviews I’ve been able to find so far were overwhelmingly negative ?

28 minutes ago, NashtyMouse said:

I also recently got both of those! From early reviews this is probably a less meaty game actually, apparently the game is only about 5 hours long, roughly 10 to 100%.

i hope I find it enjoyable, both reviews I’ve been able to find so far were overwhelmingly negative 1f615.png

I've been wanting to play this since I first saw it listed somewhere like a couple years ago I think. That is very disappointing to hear that it's got negative reviews so far, though honestly I'm not really surprised. The gameplay looks like there's something not quite right about it, but I'm not sure what. Cute monkey, but that's about it. And it looks more like a red panda to me lol. 

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

10 hours to 100% is good for me. Also Ty took me about 8 hours, Luckys Tale about 10 hours, so seems about same length then.

Also it's a 3D platformer, critics always shit on them unless if it's Mario.

True, I usually don’t let reviews completely turn me off from a game, so far the reviews are a 3/10, a 4/10, and one that doesn’t have a score but is overwhelmingly negative.

i am very curious to know impressions from anyone on this site who has spent some time with it.

1 hour ago, NashtyMouse said:

True, I usually don’t let reviews completely turn me off from a game, so far the reviews are a 3/10, a 4/10, and one that doesn’t have a score but is overwhelmingly negative.

i am very curious to know impressions from anyone on this site who has spent some time with it.

I'll be playing it all night. I'll be on stream too if you're that curious about it.

Yooka-Laylee got terrible reviews too and I love that game.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I'll be playing it all night. I'll be on stream too if you're that curious about it.

Yooka-Laylee got terrible reviews too and I love that game.

I love yooka laylee as well. The reviews gave it between 6.5-8 though, not 3-4.

i feel like in general video gaming reviews are very generous, seeing a 3-4 in the industry almost always means a game is terrible in my opinion.

that being said, I’m rooting for it to be good! Even if it’s bad I will still probably play it eventually, just not at a $40 price point.

6 minutes ago, NashtyMouse said:

I love yooka laylee as well. The reviews gave it between 6.5-8 though, not 3-4.

i feel like in general video gaming reviews are very generous, seeing a 3-4 in the industry almost always means a game is terrible in my opinion.

that being said, I’m rooting for it to be good! Even if it’s bad I will still probably play it eventually, just not at a $40 price point.

I looked at steam reviews and it's about 50/50. I only saw one critic review and it's from a bad critic I don't trust at all.

But I'm gonna give it a shot now. (If you wanna see the stream, link in bio)

Crossing my fingers and hoping I didn't waste $40

51 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Seven year development and they use sounds I've heard in other games.

I don't understand how it's so bad.

Oh yeah and there's living collectibles that can be killed by you or the enemies! 

Permanently!? That sounds like a HORRIBLE development choice! Damn, I’m bummed out right now.

14 minutes ago, NashtyMouse said:

Thanks, good to know. Just out of curiosity, are you enjoying the game so far?

I really am trying my best to enjoy it. I don’t think it’s god awful though like what zombie said above, but it is easy to get lost and not even know where you’re supposed to go next. Not to mention where you’re even supposed to find the next key weapon/item that you need to progress. At least Yooka Kaylee, also made by former Rare devs, gave you some sort of direction. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Connorsonicblura said:

To clarify what I just discovered, the dead birds come back to life after you’ve exited the level completely and then come back. So incase a bird dies, just leave and re-enter.

That's still awful design, forcing you to come back, giving 1 chance. Especially for a 3d platformer.

Also buy Poi if you want a good 3D platformer. There's others but connor recommended me that cause it was only one i haven't played and wow for $10 soooo much better than Tamarin 

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

That's still awful design, forcing you to come back, giving 1 chance. Especially for a 3d platformer.

Also buy Poi if you want a good 3D platformer. There's others but connor recommended me that cause it was only one i haven't played and wow for $10 soooo much better than Tamarin 

Poi was great, really enjoyed that one.