Top of the World (Extreme) - Catwoman

AJ_Radio

This map and character is hands down the WORST ranked map out of the four characters you have to play for the 100 percent in Batman: Arkham City.

My only real tip is hanging on the ledge until eventually the armored guy with the mines comes out and you should be able to perform a ledge takedown. But often I don't get that lucky, because someone else happens to spot me which I CANNOT really see because the jammer guy has to be the last guy left.

I've looked at several videos, and the best ones in my opinion are the ones that take the longest, such as the one from NTAGameGuides on YouTube. At best, this is a crap shoot which dice have to be rolled in this favor.

Fuck this map. Fuck whoever made this just a bronze for the ranked maps and a bronze for the campaigns.

How anybody got 100 percent in Arkham City TWICE on this website is beyond me, because I'm sure as hell not doing these ever again once I'm finally done with Catwoman's challenges.

• Like 2

Finally got the ranked maps trophy.

Took over 19 minutes to finish Top of the World (Extreme). Slow and steady is the best strategy here. Picked off a bunch of guys with the ledge takedown outside, then sat in the grates until I finally had the jammer guy up there by myself and beat him to get all three medals.

Whew congrats! Yep that's one nasty piece of map. What pissed me off the most was the mines guy, who had the most random AI from them all.

From now it should be abit easier honestly.

22 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

Everyone hates on Arkham Origins, I hate on Arkham City DLC, more specifically Catwoman.

I would gladly redo the DLCs than to have to deal with that atrocious multiplayer again xD had it worked properly however I would have been ok with Arkham Origins.

I've played enough Top of the World (Extreme) to know the guys who plant the mines plant them in the same locations every time. I know most of the mine locations so I was able to pick off the guys without really stepping on them.

When there is a goon within the range of a mine it turns to a different color which means it's okay for you to go in and do a takedown.

Need to do a couple more campaigns and I'm practically done. I'm completely out of energy and I'm mentally drained, playing any more will just get me more frustrated. So this will have to wait until tomorrow night.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, closertim said:

Why couldn't they have added more trophies for these dlc combat and predator challenges.  Just about done with Robins but only for a bronze doesn't seem quite right.  I've spent many of hours on it

Agreed. They could of just gave out six trophies for each like they did with Batman.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I recently started this DLC and wow its tough.  I was able to get through all the combat missions with Batman but do you guys have any advise on how to score high points with Robin?  With Batman I just got high combos, didn't get hit, and used Bat Swarm like crazy.  With Robin since he doesn't have Batswarm it seems really tough to get 24k even on the first map.  Did you guys use gadgets or perhaps there is something I'm missing.

Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, jmbrown63052 said:

I recently started this DLC and wow its tough.  I was able to get through all the combat missions with Batman but do you guys have any advise on how to score high points with Robin?  With Batman I just got high combos, didn't get hit, and used Bat Swarm like crazy.  With Robin since he doesn't have Batswarm it seems really tough to get 24k even on the first map.  Did you guys use gadgets or perhaps there is something I'm missing.

Any help is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

Rather than rely on the gadgets, I always use one basic maneuver: stun beat downs. I always stun a goon with O, then mash Square while countering any incoming attacks with Triangle. Racks up the score and combo multiplier quite well. I also do an evade over an enemy when things get overwhelming such as oncoming titans or Lieutenant attacks. Works for me every time between both PS3 and PS4 stacks. On the other hand, Robin can be a bit slow with his beat down due to using his staff, but it’s still quite lethal across all playable characters.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This really is not bad at all. I didn’t watch any videos and came up with my own strategy. All I did was immediately jump up top to the gargoyles, swing to the right 3 times until you get to a balcony with a guy on it. A few seconds in, another guy will come outside onto the balcony. I threw my caltrops, hitting both of them and I had time to ground takedown both of them and get back onto a gargoyle before anybody showed up. I went back across the top to the spawn and jumped onto that balcony and waited in the grates for people to just wander over and I would take them out one by one, making sure nobody else was close that could shoot me while I was performing a takedown out of the grate. Eventually someone will stumble out onto the balcony in front of the grate and that’s when I did the beat down. It takes a lot of patience but I did it on my 3rd try. 

• 9 months later...

Having just done it recently I'd just like to add my voice to the masses. Your best skill in that map is patience. Here's what I did : 

- I spent as much time as possible doing ledge takedowns; This should remove the dudes with the goggles.

- I used the grate on the second floor and the extinguishers to get some takedowns. Be patient and try to be 100% certain that you can confirm the takedown AND have an escape route afterwards. 

- Kept two guys for the final stretch, one for the caltrops and the final guy for the beatdown.

Good luck to whomever attempts this!

Now to repeat the process on PS4 :3

• Like 1