Which was your hardest trophy to get and why? (No Platinum)

Julius Spin

Elite Campaign Legend - WipEout HD
This trophy was super difficult for me. Not only is it skill-based, but it's also heavily luck-dependant. The last four or five races I needed to obtain a gold medal in took me YEARS of trying on/off. Somtimes I would get owned by the other racers immediately at the start of the track, sometimes right at the end after a great run, all because they got excellent pick-ups and I didn't. But on a rare occasion, there would be a run where the tables had turned in my favor. I never really like trophies where there's no guarantee you'll ever get it, no matter how well you play, and that's how I felt about this particular trophy. The Beat Zico trophy was also difficult, but completely fair and skill-based.

Other candidates: Messiah (Outlast 2), Lunatic (Outlast), No Ordinary Wang (Shadow Warrior), Superstar (Mirror's Edge), ... It (Uncharted 4), Beat the Devil At His Own Game (Cuphead), Beat Zico (WipEout HD), I eat asteroids for breakfast (Resogun), Daredevil (Dishonored),

• Like 4

30L3a9fe6.png

Street Fighter IV - No Challenge Too Hard

I found this harder than Trial athlete trophy in Super Street Fighter IV because it was my first time doing 1 frame links in intricate combo trials in a fighting game. Spent months knocking away at this and the feeling I felt from popping this trophy and subsequently the Platinum was euphoric!

26L8bb463.png24Lf58226.png

WipEout HD - Beat Zico / Zone Zeus

These two trophies are infamous for being some of the hardest trophies in the early days of trophy hunting. I would give the edge to Beat Zico being harder as it requires expert precision and no mistakes to even stand a chance of setting a better lap time than Zico.

50L91d7d3.png

Vanquish - Tactical Challenger

This trophy has a reputation for being the Platinum killer. Challenge 4 and challenge 6 are extremely tough and unforgiving and highly skill based.

26L18b115.png

Skate 2 - Active Skater

This whole game is underrated for difficulty. This trophy wants you to complete all the free skate activities with another co op partner in online within the allotted time on every stage. Not only is this extremely skill based as you both have to land all the tricks within the time or you have to retry from the beginning of the stage, it is also a very long overwhelming grind with over 150 activities.

24L86d74d.png

Dead or Alive 5 - Survival Master

An endurance test above anything else. Completing 8 different survival courses on one health bar with minor health regeneration in between each fight. The last 4 Survival courses all require 100 straight wins in ascending difficulty. The AI is rigged and it is soul crushing spending up to 45 minutes per run to reach round 85 and then lose only to start over from the beginning.

• Like 4

On 11/1/2020 at 4:56 AM, Nathan_Croft said:

For me, the hardest trophy to earn was the ...It trophy on Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. You need to beat all 10 stages on Survival on the crushing setting within a time limit in order to obtain the trophy.

Yes, Did that and it was unreal.  Nice one!

On 8/4/2021 at 7:21 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Tie with 1,000,000 Blocks and 1,000,000 Bombs for Super Bomberman R. Not so much hard as mind numbingly tedious, though.

Good job Mignight.  Tedious for the win!!!

On 9/7/2021 at 0:17 PM, kevao97 said:

18L8ab31d.png

X-TREME Astro Admiral

Get an Astro Admiral rank on all the levels in the X-TREME difficulty

This trophy cost me a few hundred hours of practice, it's a rhythm game named Retro/Grade - a unique and different game even for its own genre - for this trophy you need to achieve perfection at all levels, there are hundreds of button presses in a few minutes, and some levels in particular cost me my sanity. This trophy is in my top 3 trophies that I'm most proud of! (Only 81 people completed 100% in Retro/Grade on the date of this post)

21Ld68c5a.png

MISSION POSSIBLE

COMPLETE 300 MISSIONS IN SINGLE PLAYER

For this trophy in BADLAND, you need to complete all 3 missions of each level, totaling 300 missions. It took me a little more than 3 years to finish the missions, some are really very restricted and there was little information on the internet about how to do them, nowadays more people have already managed it. this game's platinum is something else, it requires redoing all these missions in local coop, or through shareplay. maybe someday.

24L7b0f8f.png

Meticulous Collector

Acquire all items available in hard time attack

Shadow of the Colossus Playstation 3 version, this trophy was more difficult than usual for me, some colossi would require a supernatural effort to get the time lol, there was a single fight that I spent almost ten hours to overcome. This game was planned to be my milestone of #100 platinum, but I gave up at the time due to excessive difficulty and became my #137 platinum.

10Le8a629.png

The Shadows Rushed Me

Unlock And Complete New York Minute Hardcore

oh, the infamous Max Payne 3 trophy.

there were 5 days of uninterrupted attempts - about 5 attempts per day - and the difficulty of this trophy is the unpredictability of some bugs mainly, 80% of my deaths were due to technical problems and freezes. therefore, there are people who will say this trophy is overrated, I say those people were lucky.

All excellent.  The Shadows Rushed Me is one of mine as well.  Nice gaming.

On 9/9/2021 at 1:29 AM, Maahniac said:

Elite Campaign Legend - WipEout HD
This trophy was super difficult for me. Not only is it skill-based, but it's also heavily luck-dependant. The last four or five races I needed to obtain a gold medal in took me YEARS of trying on/off. Somtimes I would get owned by the other racers immediately at the start of the track, sometimes right at the end after a great run, all because they got excellent pick-ups and I didn't. But on a rare occasion, there would be a run where the tables had turned in my favor. I never really like trophies where there's no guarantee you'll ever get it, no matter how well you play, and that's how I felt about this particular trophy. The Beat Zico trophy was also difficult, but completely fair and skill-based.

Other candidates: Messiah (Outlast 2), Lunatic (Outlast), No Ordinary Wang (Shadow Warrior), Superstar (Mirror's Edge), ... It (Uncharted 4), Beat the Devil At His Own Game (Cuphead), Beat Zico (WipEout HD), I eat asteroids for breakfast (Resogun), Daredevil (Dishonored),

Never played it but it's the trophy of legend.

3 for me come to mind.

1. Goldeneye: Reloaded 0.95% Ultra Rare Plat

1La314bf.png

The plat is the hardest I've had.  If you've played it you know.  The majority of the trophies in the game are Ultra Rare by PSNP standards not to mention Sony's numbers.  Look at the Sony numbers and it's really shocking.  Still cannot believe more ppl do not have this.  Glad to be among the ones that stuck with it.

2. No One Will Believe You  2.63% Ultra rare

Black Ops 3

13L9e6f19.png

You have to beat the campaign on Realistic.  

It's crazy one-shot type stuff almost the whole way.

3.  The Shadows Rushed Me 0.89% Ultra Rare

Max Payne 3

10Le8a629.png

Took me forever and was glad to get it done.  NYMHC New York Minute Hardcore was a test of wills for me.  I won out. Hope you are winning in life as well.  Enjoy your gaming.  Encourage ppl.  

Edited by kfree7
  • Like 3