No "threat lowered" popup

AJ_-_808

Tagging @HoorayForTyler for his expertise.

So this morning, I had an odd glitch.  I destroyed 2 scarecrows and noticed the "threat lowered" popup never happened. So I destroyed a sniper tower and paid more attention, but still no popup.  

I fast traveled to a stronghold, then went out and destroyed another scarecrow and the popup did happen.

The icons are off the map and the stats look accurate.  I'm wondering if this is just a visual glitch and I still have the correct lowered threat, or if, even though the structures are correctly destroyed, their threat to the area remains, rendering zero threat impossible.

Has anyone experienced this?

15 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

So this morning, I had an odd glitch.  I destroyed 2 scarecrows and noticed the "threat lowered" popup never happened. So I destroyed a sniper tower and paid more attention, but still no popup.  

I fast traveled to a stronghold, then went out and destroyed another scarecrow and the popup did happen.

The icons are off the map and the stats look accurate.  I'm wondering if this is just a visual glitch and I still have the correct lowered threat, or if, even though the structures are correctly destroyed, their threat to the area remains, rendering zero threat impossible.

This happened to me with looted areas as well, usually if I had an active mission going but the scavenger trophy and challenge still unlocked fine. This also happened with a scarecrow or two so I think it should be fine.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

You should be in the clear. Sometimes the game does not show a pop up after completing certain actions that lower threats, totally normal. This sometimes happens when completing scavenging locations too.

• Like 1

I've had a couple times where project rewards or completed challenges popped up late

My main concern is the "reduce all area's in Gutgash's territory to zero" challenge.  I'm going to try and work his area to zero before advancing any further and cross my fingers.

Thanks guys, I'll update this if it causes a problem getting zero threat

UI bugs like this or the missing combo/rage meter can happen over time, just verify your challenge progress if necessary. Feel free to fast travel to a stronghold (for the safe autosave), quit to the main menu and enter the game again to fix it.

So, just to update this in case anyone else runs into this issue - it's visual only.  Even if the popup doesn't happen and show the threat lowering, the corresponding threat will be gone.  

I finished up all the threats in gutgash's area (where this happened 2 or 3 times) and still got the challenge and trophy.

20 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

So, just to update this in case anyone else runs into this issue - it's visual only.  Even if the popup doesn't happen and show the threat lowering, the corresponding threat will be gone.  

I finished up all the threats in gutgash's area (where this happened 2 or 3 times) and still got the challenge and trophy.

Save some convoys in Jeet or Pink Eye for the car combat challenges. Otherwise, you will be grinding extra hours just searching for targets.