How many platinums do you need for 999?

mvpeast

21 hours ago, JD-D2 said:

Sony’s idea here is to incentivize people to play PlayStation more over a longer period of time. Increased engagement, etc. It’s a treadmill. They want you to stick with PlayStation for years and years (PS6, PS7 even) and use the trophy level as an incentive to see out your “gaming journey” with them. 

It’s not something anyone is meant to get right away, unless you’re genuinely trying to be like Hakoom or others like that. It’s not something you have to “pay tens of thousands of dollars real cash” to get, assuming you don’t just mean...paying for video games...which of course is something people would have to do to get video game trophies. 

In other words, you’re in the deep, deep, deep minority here in terms of your priorities — which I’m not judging by the way! It’s just what it is. Most people are gonna take their time. Best of luck to you, though!

I think Sony has gotten things backwards in that most people game less as they get older and things like work/family/adulting leech away at your time. When I was in school and uni I used to game for hours and hours a day, now as a working adult I'd be lucky to get more than 2 hours in, and I'm single with no family or kids. The minority must be oceans deep, I've been playing less as the years go by. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I think Sony has gotten things backwards in that most people game less as they get older and things like work/family/adulting leech away at your time. When I was in school and uni I used to game for hours and hours a day, now as a working adult I'd be lucky to get more than 2 hours in, and I'm single with no family or kids. The minority must be oceans deep, I've been playing less as the years go by. 

Yeah it’s time to move on... I was not gonna grind trophies at all if this pandemic didn’t happen. Level 999 is absolutely pointless as well.

On 10/10/2020 at 2:02 PM, mvpeast said:

Basically the new trophy cap is impossible to attain unless you pay tens of thousands of dollars real cash. The old cap costs a lot of money too... But it’s half of the money needed than this new level 999.

It’s not impossible to obtain at all. It just means people like you will be required to spend an extra year grinding poopoo games to reach the cap.

Which, speaking of, you’re the first player I’ve ever seen who cares so deeply about being level capped. I don’t understand why this means so much to you or why you’re so upset about this.. most people like you are chasing platinum count or leaderboard position. Nobody cares about level cap.

You should re-evaluate your priorities sir! Just my 2 cents.

22 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I like changes too if it’s a good change. This update is just inflating the numbers for absolutely no reason.

Personally I actually like the inflation of my level. I didnt really care about it before as I only moved up two levels a year so forgotten about it and I like being able to move up a bit quicker. 

Also I like how your level is more different  between your friends and community so its easier to see who is doing better at trophies. Like now your are 100s of levels higher than someone apposed to being a few. 

Thats just my opinion.  

Reading this topic just makes me sad. I feel so sorry for all the Trophyhunters out there, playing games they dont like and wasting money and months or years of their life, instead of enjoying life, because they are addicted to numbers in some way. Sometimes I just want to take these people on the hand, invite them to dinner, take a long walk in the park while talking about wonderful things and hug them, before they go home.

Shame on all the people around you who give you such a bad feeling, that you prefer spending time working on trophies like that for a fake-feeling of success.

I really hope, you'll meet awesome people soon who can show you how precious life is.

Edited by Belphega2208
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Belphega2208 said:

Reading this topic just makes me sad. I feel so sorry for all the Trophyhunters out there, playing games they dont like and wasting money and months or years of their life, instead of enjoying life, because they are addicted to numbers in some way. Sometimes I just want to take these people on the hand, invite them to dinner, take a long walk in the park while talking about wonderful things and hug them, before they go home.

Shame on all the people around you who give you such a bad feeling, that you prefer spending time working on trophies like that for a fake-feeling of success.

I really hope, you'll meet awesome people soon who can show you how precious life is.

I wasn't gonna grind trophies at all if this pandemic didn't happen. It gives people something to do so they don't feel negative all the times. I think there are two sides of a coin.

• 2 years later...
On 10/8/2020 at 5:35 AM, DaivRules said:

I say this seriously, you should consider whether you're really okay with what you're forcing yourself to do, because it doesn't sound like you are.

Fucking bodied him lmao