Looks like we got exact number of all exist ps3 trophies

AloneBert-

Interesting stuff. Still crazy to think that PS3 will no longer be "last gen" and will be "last last gen," but stuff like this really cements its age in my eyes. I grew up with a PS2 and I, like many of us, still remember when PS3 was new. I was too young to really be into it but I remember my older siblings were really into it. Out of all PlayStations, the PS3 is about to be as close to the PS5 as it is to the PS1. Just bizarre.

Edit: I forgot to press x: X

Edited by SolsVGR

15 minutes ago, SolsVGR said:

Interesting stuff. Still crazy to think that PS3 will no longer be "last gen" and will be "last last gen," but stuff like this really cements its age in my eyes. I grew up with a PS2 and I, like many of us, still remember when PS3 was new. I was too young to really be into it but I remember my older siblings were really into it. Out of all PlayStations, the PS3 is about to be as close to the PS5 as it is to the PS1. Just bizarre.

PS3 will be considered a retro console in a year or two.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SolsVGR said:

X

I grew up with Atari, so PS3 is still new tech.

It is crazy that it has been 2 yrs since the last PS3 game was released. I guess Vita will never catch up, but it's crazy how close it got in terms of trophies. Insane that the PS4 has more than double the amount - especially since the days of 50 trophy sets for a game seem to be over.

As an aside, the technological leap during the Playstation years is something worth reflecting on. I can still play a PS3 game and it feels current. Yes PS4 is cleaner, and PS5 will take another small incremental leap, but the change from PS1 to PS2, and moreso from PS2 to PS3 will likely never be seen again. PS2 games are really tough to go back to. The graphics, controls and most importantly the cameras are just so clunky now. PS2 just feels so retro, but PS3 still plays as a current console.

X

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, guy who says bruh said:

Don't forget about online trophies that unobtainable nowadays.

Great point!

@Hakoom it would be very cool if you read this topic. My question is: Do you have any approx. answer how many of PS3 trophies are unobtainable for you? Would be great to know (I dunno why this stuff is still interesting for me).

On 10/13/2020 at 8:10 PM, AloneBert- said:

Great point!

@Hakoom it would be very cool if you read this topic. My question is: Do you have any approx. answer how many of PS3 trophies are unobtainable for you? Would be great to know (I dunno why this stuff is still interesting for me).

I don't think Hakoom will answer since he isn't on the leaderboards anymore.  

• Like 2