How long can I safely leave my PS4 running?

Yuber6969

I'm currently grinding for a trophy AFK using a turbo controller, and it will take hundreds of hours.

I turn my console off whenever I go to work, so it usually gets plenty of rest. However, I just had surgery so I'll be home for a while. Is it safe to leave my PS4 running non-stop?

Edited by yuber1234

yeah it's safe providing you are in a house with a/c and don't have a cozy covering your ps4. also keep airflow free around the system and don't stack it by hot things.

A bigger concern is it kicking you out of the game. I know some games you have to manually save otherwise you lose all your grinding.

If your fan starts kicking in like crazy then be a bit more concerned.

• Like 1

Extended use will be perfectly fine. 

Make sure the console is well ventilated & isn't covered in dust. If you feel worried about the temperature or use through long running then just turn it off for an hour or 2 and let it have a break. It's designed to be used continously, just make sure you keep a close eye on it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grifteskymfning said:

I've had some of my PS3s running for more than a year without ever turning them off.

One of my PS4s is currently on its sixth month while another is at four.

No worries as long as you regularly check if they're getting hot or not.

Just to clarify, were games/apps actually running, or were your consoles idle? My turbo controller is going to be continuously making inputs, so my PS4 will be active the whole time.

4 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

Just to clarify, were games/apps actually running, or were your consoles idle? My turbo controller is going to be continuously making inputs, so my PS4 will be active the whole time.

Both PS3s and PS4s had/has games and turbo controllers running.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

I've had some of my PS3s running for more than a year without ever turning them off.

One of my PS4s is currently on its sixth month while another is at four.

No worries as long as you regularly check if they're getting hot or not.

But the real question is... why? ? RIP electric bill.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

Now i am curious. What game needs that much afk time? 

Super Bomberman R.

If you were to do it non-AFK, you could probably do it in about 200 hours, but I would rather use that time to play other games. Plus, I've already spent about 100 hours of non-AFK time on the game and to say that I am sick of it would be a massive understatement.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 1