One of the better games I played this year!

Titanomachy_75

1 hour ago, BlackSquirrell1 said:

Haven't heard of this game, but now you've got my attention.  Any game that is worth the play I'm interested in.

Its prince of Persia with a mix of god of war 1-3 hack and slash type.

I love how each level it tales a story of India myth ...And for a indie game the graphics was beautiful! 

• Like 3

Good game but too easy with little to no challenge. The puzzles are very basic and the game is also too short. But the art work deserves a special mention. A lot of effort there. Others may not know it but I can see the attention to detail being a Hindu myself. Definitely one of the better indies out there

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I guess I'll be the only one who disagrees with all the positive reviews this game has apparently received all over the internet. Lets start off with the camera: it's terrible! The character you control, enemies you fight, platforming sections and everything else in between is far too zoomed out, making shit more frustrating than it ever needed to be as a result. The combat is atrocious and not intuitive at all and once again makes shit more frustrating than it ever should have been. Good luck trying to run up walls and poles to get your special attacks off. The combat, the puzzles, the platforming, it's just all bland, boring, repetitive and frustrating.

Oh, what's that? You missed only ONE collectible? Guess what? Have fun restarting the entire game over from scratch! An absolutely fucked up, asshole design choice and I HATE it when developers do shit like this! And by "shit" I mean forcing the player to have to replay the entire fucking game over again because they decided they didn't want to add a chapter replay option or at least allow the goddamn player to backtrack before finishing the level! Nope, can't do none of that! As you can tell I'm pretty bitter with this aspect of the game because I made a ton of progress but accidentally missed one God Favor orb or whatever the fuck those orb things are called and couldn't backtrack for it so now I have to wipe my save and start all over again. Because of ONE collectible! So, if you happen to unfortunately land in the same boat as me and miss one just wipe your save and restart because there's a trophy for collecting every single one of them so it'll make no sense at that point to push on and finish the rest of the game... unless you don't mind, that is. If that's the case have fun. ?

As for the platforming, oftentimes you'll find yourself veering off a cliff to your death. The zoomed out camera and the fact that you have no control over it is the biggest contributing factor to the frustration here. The controls aren't the best responsive wise (something you'll likely notice as well during combat sections) so if you find yourself dying a lot just know that it's definitely not yourself to blame for it. 

I don't like this game at all and I regret buying and playing it. The glowing reviews praising this game from the mountaintops like it's the best thing ever since baked bread has me completely puzzled. Did we play the same game because the game I played was a frustrating shit hole due to the reasons stated above. To the developer's credit it definitely is a very beautiful game. But a beautiful game doesn't make a game good. There's a lot more shit I could rattle on about but honestly I'm tired and don't feel like typing any longer. Another overhyped turd, that's what Raji: An Ancient Epic Suckfest, is.

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well now, the game is only $10 right now and looks ok on the store, but this last comment has me second guessing a purchase. 

Last thing I want to do is restart because I miss a collectible. And frustrating camera decisions are no fun, either. 

I guess I can skip it, not like I'm desperate for a game to play right now anyway.

Edited by yowzagabowza

12 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

Well now, the get is only $10 right now and looks ok on the store, but this last comment has me second guessing a purchase. 

Last thing I want to do is restart because I miss a collectible. And frustrating camera decisions are no fun, either. 

I guess I can skip it, not like I'm desperate for a game to play right now anyway.

Yeah you miss one it’s redo city