My God, I can't believe this game is available for ps4!

I'm so happy, this was one of the best games of my childhood! It will be a great pleasure to relive those memories and obtain all the trophies :D 

Looks interesting - I know XXL 2&3 released previously, but that kinda flew under the radar. With the first now available, I may do the trilogy.

However, I went to the Store this morning and neither XXL 2 or 3 are listed - were they physical only, or only in some regions? Cause they aren't in the Canadian store

Edit - scratch that, I found XXL2 (Had to search XXL, it wouldn't pull as Asterix). Still can't find 3. Won't be buying 2 either at $66.99

Edited by diskdocx

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Looks interesting - I know XXL 2&3 released previously, but that kinda flew under the radar. With the first now available, I may do the trilogy.

However, I went to the Store this morning and neither XXL 2 or 3 are listed - were they physical only, or only in some regions? Cause they aren't in the Canadian store

Edit - scratch that, I found XXL2 (Had to search XXL, it wouldn't pull as Asterix). Still can't find 3. Won't be buying 2 either at $66.99

Ive only seen XXL 3 listed in the EU store. Im not sure why we haven't seen it in NA.

4 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I could find all 3 in the European store (Belgium, on PC) when I searched for 'asterix'

1 and 3 are €39.99 and 2 is €49.99.

I bought the physical release of 1 for €39.99.

Trophies didn't sync a few days ago but since today they do.

There was also a patch today.

So I might finally get on with them! Had 2 and 3 on the backlog for awhile now... :)

Edited by Kolm

5 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

There is also going to be a physical collection that will be released in November for 60€.

That one contains XXL, XXL2 and XXL3. Seems like a fine deal if you ask me. 

I personally did not like xxl 3 :(

XXL 2 is called "Roman Rumble in Las Vegum" and it was released months after the EU release. Don't know if they change the name for XXL 1 or 3, maybe might have change the title as well...

Wth is going on with their picks for trophy image? XXL 2 had an awesome cover for Xbox (and Steam I guess), but the PS4 version is so simple. XXL 3 was cool, but this Romastered seems a print screen from an in-game odd angle -_-

53 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

XXL 2 is called "Roman Rumble in Las Vegum" and it was released months after the EU release. Don't know if they change the name for XXL 1 or 3, maybe might have change the title as well...

Wth is going on with their picks for trophy image? XXL 2 had an awesome cover for Xbox (and Steam I guess), but the PS4 version is so simple. XXL 3 was cool, but this Romastered seems a print screen from an in-game odd angle -_-

the trophy icons looks fine to me ;p

1 hour ago, TurtlePM said:

It's not the trophy icons (didn't even see them), it's the main image for the trophy list. The one Asterix is entering the wooden gate.

this image of the gate brings me many memories

I am not really happy with this remaster. On the one hand they improved graphic and changed the music, I dont like the new music, but you can switch between old an new within a second. On the other hand some things like the music menu is missing, which takes a bit the nostalgia away.

Also They added challenges (which are a pain in the ass to get gold medal on) and added 4 difficulties (from easy to extreme). You have to complete the game on medium or hard first and then on extreme.

Extreme difficulty is really unfair because this game is not meant to be played like this. You die way too fast and healing objects disappear forever after you picked them up once (i would say its almost as unfair as brutal in Uncharted trilogy). 

So you need 2 playthroughs and the estimated time will be 20 to 25 hours for platinum trophy.   

3 hours ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

I am not really happy with this remaster. On the one hand they improved graphic and changed the music, I dont like the new music, but you can switch between old an new within a second. On the other hand some things like the music menu is missing, which takes a bit the nostalgia away.

Also They added challenges (which are a pain in the ass to get gold medal on) and added 4 difficulties (from easy to extreme). You have to complete the game on medium or hard first and then on extreme.

Extreme difficulty is really unfair because this game is not meant to be played like this. You die way too fast and healing objects disappear forever after you picked them up once (i would say its almost as unfair as brutal in Uncharted trilogy). 

So you need 2 playthroughs and the estimated time will be 20 to 25 hours for platinum trophy.   

Well ... I haven't played or had any contact with romastered yet, but I'm sure I prefer the old songs for nostalgia. secondly, I do not remember the difficulty selection in the original, I do not think this is a fundamental configuration for a game of this type; this extreme difficulty is likely to be more frustrating than difficult and will require bottom smash all the time. I really hope that these trophies do not destroy my good memories; we have to be careful with that.

2 hours ago, DreadNic said:

Well ... I haven't played or had any contact with romastered yet, but I'm sure I prefer the old songs for nostalgia. secondly, I do not remember the difficulty selection in the original, I do not think this is a fundamental configuration for a game of this type; this extreme difficulty is likely to be more frustrating than difficult and will require bottom smash all the time. I really hope that these trophies do not destroy my good memories; we have to be careful with that.

There was no difficulty selection in the original. Enjoy your First playthrough on Medium, but be Sure that those challenges and espacielly the cheap extreme difficulty will make this platinum really frustrating. 

Button smashing wont help as you will be stabbed by the enemies within seconds. I am struggling with the beginning fight in Normandie. Endless spwaning enemies makes this section incredibly hard. You have to fight your way to helvetia and then Buy the Tornado Combo immedialy, so you will have a small Chance to Beat this difficulty. 

TBH extreme difficulty is in no way fun anymore.

Edited by Alex_Gorbatschow

1 hour ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

There was no difficulty selection in the original. Enjoy your First playthrough on Medium, but be Sure that those challenges and espacielly the cheap extreme difficulty will make this platinum really frustrating. 

Button smashing wont help as you will be stabbed by the enemies within seconds. I am struggling with the beginning fight in Normandie. Endless spwaning enemies makes this section incredibly hard. You have to fight your way to helvetia and then Buy the Tornado Combo immedialy, so you will have a small Chance to Beat this difficulty. 

TBH extreme difficulty is in no way fun anymore.

uhmmm... 3 people got the platinum at the moment. looks like this one will be a ultrarare platinum.

On 31.10.2020 at 0:07 AM, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

Yes , Gold challenges and espacelly extreme run are really difficult. I sat 3 hours straight at a movement challenge in agypt

Short update: i stuck now in the beginning fight in rome with 1000 romans. I am not able to perform the tornado combo , because i am stabbed before i have the combo meter filled. Btw this game is a buggy mess. Sometimes the enemies kill their themselves (not in rome sadly), sometimes the framerate is beyond 20 FPS. The kill counter is sometimes bugged too (it shows that you have to kill 10 romans but the fight is already over) 

I am glad when i am done with this game and I can resell it! 

3 hours ago, Alex_Gorbatschow said:

Short update: i stuck now in the beginning fight in rome with 1000 romans. I am not able to perform the tornado combo , because i am stabbed before i have the combo meter filled. Btw this game is a buggy mess. Sometimes the enemies kill their themselves (not in rome sadly), sometimes the framerate is beyond 20 FPS. The kill counter is sometimes bugged too (it shows that you have to kill 10 romans but the fight is already over) 

I am glad when i am done with this game and I can resell it! 

in my childhood i remember evading the final battles in rome. I walked slowly to the button and pressed it before the battle started; so the count for the next battles also bugged lol.

On 5.11.2020 at 4:57 PM, DreadNic said:

in my childhood i remember evading the final battles in rome. I walked slowly to the button and pressed it before the battle started; so the count for the next battles also bugged lol.

I know this bug, but unfourtanly you have to complete the first 2 fights in rome before. And like I stated the First one is almost impossible. 

Edited by Alex_Gorbatschow