Enslaved: odyssey to the west Help

I am going to aim to get a few PS3 platinums and I can't seem to find a thorough guide for this game, specifically orbs for this game. So 2 things

1: Does anyone know of a good thorough guide. I followed a video on Chapter 3 and still ended up with 98% orbs

2: Why doesn't PSN profiles have a guide for this game? They have guides for the deadliest warrior but not this. How unpopular was this game?

Edited by irusjayd

13 minutes ago, irusjayd said:

I am going to aim to get a few PS3 platinums and I can't seem to find a thorough guide for this game, specifically orbs for this game. So 2 things

1: Does anyone know of a good thorough guide. I followed a video on Chapter 3 and still ended up with 98% orbs

2: Why doesn't PSN profiles have a guide for this game. They have guides for the deadliest warrior but not this. How unpopular was this game?

1. I don't think any guides are 100% reliable because the orbs that you might have missed could be completely different for someone else. It just comes down to you being as meticulous as possible and to make sure that you pick up every orb that the person doing the walkthrough is grabbing. If you are using a video guide, check the video comments to see if there is anyone complaining about the guide missing things. Same with if it's a playlist - make sure the uploader actually finished the game too. There are tonnes of unfinished walkthrough playlists out there for so many games.

2. PSNProfiles doesn't write the guides - guides are generally written by people who use the site and decide to write guides, so it all comes down to whether someone chose to write one or not. It doesn't necessarily mean the game was unpopular if there aren't guides for it. Also, keep in mind this game is about 10 years old now which is pretty much ancient by today's standards.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 3

About writing guides in general, I have made one and slowly working on two others, and let me tell you, it's not an hour's worth of work. Plus, if there's already a guide on another trophy site, why waste time on making something that already exists, unless you know the other guide sucks and you can make a better one.

• Like 2

One of the things I am concerned about are glitched orbs/ I am sure i will inevitably miss some by accident, but i read several comments about several orbs that are glitched but they say a vague "there is a glitched orb in chapter 3" which isn't very specific. 

I intend to go through on Hard and then do orb and trophy cleanup regardless, but it's be helpful to know which are problematic.

Also I don't doubt making guides is tough. I used a guide for clannad and I can't imagine how many endings the author had to work through. I was commenting on Enslaved Vs. other games in terms of popularity. I don't know how popular or easy games like deadliest warrior are, but i remember loving this game back in the day. I feel it should be easier to find a full guide than it is. The only youtube channel is Jeffdawes1984. Makes me feel a bit bad for this game.

Thanks for the replies. I also have to do every move in Prince of Persia 2008, but there is a guide for that. 

There's a old guide for this game on MyPST, a website like PSN Profiles, but in portuguese (from Brazil).
You can use Google Translator on it, and there's some videos linked there to help you get every trophy for the base game + DLC.

I don't know if i can post links here or no, so...
Just google mypst enslaved odyssey guide.

Hope it helps! 

• Like 1

Here is the guide I am using it is in English: 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/64788-enslaved-odyssey-to-the-west-trophy-guide-amp-road-map/

As for the Video Guides with orbs locations and Masks everything is available on Youtube. But one thing I noticed was that when you die in the chapter some orbs that you might have collected before will re-appear and you will have to collect them again. Also check everywhere, every corner and behind all obstacles. 

• Like 1

i read a few forum posts about this game. apparently a few orbs are genuinely glitched.I read that i may have to delete my save file and start a new one. Not happy to know that. I will go through as best i can. Hopefully i can platinum this game in one or two playthroughs.

thanks to everyone who replied. I will go through this weekend and hopefully get this one in a week or so. The Brazilian trophy site is helpful too.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the problem with the despawning orbs. You dont necessarily need to reinstall the whole game, i just kept restarting whatever level i needed orbs on and eventually the ones I missed appeared. I did clean up on Easy difficulty, that might not make a difference, but it couldnt hurt.