Infinite Souls Glitch Discovered

DUSTlMUS

54 minutes ago, LancashireLad87 said:

Or you can just do what 99.99% of PS3 users do and that's use the duplication glitch to duplicate boss souls to reach un-godly character levels, unless they patched it for the PS5 version.

They patched it. Of course they did. But the real question here is why on earth would you do this...? Here is this amazing game that is challenging in all the right ways  and has just been released and you want to cheese it... Why exactly...? 

56 minutes ago, GeneSaw said:

They patched it. Of course they did. But the real question here is why on earth would you do this...? Here is this amazing game that is challenging in all the right ways  and has just been released and you want to cheese it... Why exactly...? 

I didn't use this exploit as I don't need it but I can guarantee a lot of people did. Probably because they don't have to farm for materials and they can over-level their characters so they can breeze through the game. Hence why some players have earned the platinum in under 3 hours on the PS3 version because they just speed run through the first playthrough then get a friend to drop everything for them. I played 100% legitimate, like any other game I play, it took me 30 hours to do it, stupid Pure Bladestone!

2 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

by the time I get a ps5 this will be patched a long time ago, probably will be possible if you have an unpatched physical version? 

Probably can’t play online unless you are up to date. Since all other games require you to be playing latest patch to go online I’d assume this one does as well. 

50 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

by the time I get a ps5 this will be patched a long time ago, probably will be possible if you have an unpatched physical version? 

Can possibly make NG+ runs easier with a blueblood sword (luck scaled), so it could be a useful glitch. However, the blueblood sword needs a boss soul that will run your lowest NG+ runs to 3-4 times. If you used savefile backup correctly, the minimum NG+ runs should be 2 without getting the blueblood sword.

I mean I wouldn't know, I did 4.

19 hours ago, GeneSaw said:

I'm sure literally never explaining character/world tendency is exactly how I would challenge my players in all the right ways. Whatever makes the game easier to blow through the trophies is a-ok in my book.

I think I may know a way to reset glitched levels.

Be in soul form, die once, and teleport back to Nexus. Do not pick up your souls. After that, go to a place, and have a friend summon you. Now, have them die while you are a Blue Phantom. This accidentally happened to me while I was helping a friend kill the Tower Knight. And the glitch still works after that.

This is not guaranteed, but you may get lucky.

EDIT::: This happened twice now.

What I did was, I invaded my friend - and then I hung out for like 2 minutes, hit him a couple of times (without killing), and then used the white eye stone. I also had the providence ring equipped, but then I switched it out to cling ring when I invaded. 

Edited by Raiiyokuu