Collectibles : Pets and Scrolls

AngelMJ

I hope some players can help me with this great little game.

I finished the game for a while, but I'm missing 4 animals and 2 scrolls. I searched for all levels but no trace of them.
No one has the Platinum but I see players with the trophies related to the collectibles. Any clues about their locations?

The game is not very long and the levels are small. So I don't understand how I can miss so many collectibles.

Thank you ! :)

Edited by AngelMJ

I have the all pets trophy, all I can say is when you have all abilities unlocked, go back through all areas and some were high up on ledges you couldnt previously reach until you have all abilities. Jump off cliffs that say 'danger cliff' sometimes you just fall to your death but sometimes there is a sneaky animal there lol.

Scrolls I can't help you with, as I'm missing a few myself :/ 

• Like 1

Ok for the pets, I didn't miss a particular or secret area. Good to know.

I will visit each island again, I hope to find the 4 animals I am missing.

For the scrolls, it really is a mystery. I think they are in the Ice Island because I don't have the completion trophy for this level.

• Like 1

Ok... I found my missing scrolls ! One on the Glacial Cliff (just here in the past, not in the future) and one with the Dragon in the past (the sprite of the scroll is missing but you can take it).

For the pets, I miss one, but I discovered a bug : if you pet pets in another save, you can obtain the trophy. Just need to pet 44 pets.

• Like 1

Omg great find with the pets haha!

I'm having to start a new game again from the start for collectables trophies as a patch erased all my collected scrolls and artifacts :(

Can I ask you @AngelMJ as you're the only with the throw a bomb at an NPC trophy, i cant get it to unlock, did you get it on a particular NPC? 

Edited by esstee11

53 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

Can I ask you @AngelMJ my throw a bomb at an NPC trophy wont unlock, did you get it on a particular NPC? 

This one is totally a mystery xD

I get the trophy in the first village, in the past. I used a bomb on childs and... bingo. But I tried many many times on many NPC with no results. I think this trophy is buggy... or totally random. Oh... And It was the night... I don't know if it is important for the trophy.

I would like to go for this game at some point. How hard is it? Any trophy glitches? Any tips?

No, the game is not hard to finish. But trophies are a little buggy (I miss a completion trophy, but my journal is full...). And it's really hard to find collectibles without a guide or tips. With a guide, I think is easy to get Platinum in 7-8 hours. Hope an update to erase glitchs and bugs (I am on the Discord of the game team, they're really kind and open for suggestions. An update comes very soon).

I think the game is cool. Not hard and with little bugs, but for an indi-game with a really small team, it's OK.

Edited by AngelMJ
  • Like 1

Alright cheers @AngelMJ I'll just keep trying my luck n blowing up everyone i see then ?

Edit: A 2nd playthrough complete, all collectables found and got all other trophies :D just 1 trophy I dont have still that throw a bomb at an NPC, which should be one of the easiest trophies I'd of thought so I'm kinda sure its glitched on me. Can u chuck me an invite to that discord server so I could ask them about it ?

Edited by esstee11

Not sure if its happened for the European version yet but last night an update happened for the NA version and I tried and got light can't hurt light trophy in the basin village during the past, I'd been trying to get the trophy since I got the power with no luck. Not sure if its a fluke or if the update patched the issue (couldn't find any info as to what it did) so might be worth trying out and see if its been fixed for anyone else. 

On 23/11/2020 at 5:22 PM, Semele_Siuan said:

Not sure if its happened for the European version yet but last night an update happened for the NA version and I tried and got light can't hurt light trophy in the basin village during the past, I'd been trying to get the trophy since I got the power with no luck. Not sure if its a fluke or if the update patched the issue (couldn't find any info as to what it did) so might be worth trying out and see if its been fixed for anyone else. 

Yea it was my last trophy I couldn't get it anywhere, when I saw the new patch I went back in, I had completed the game so it spawned me right at the end next to the dad, it wouldn't work with the dad, but when I backtracked all the way to left, went to the past, I got the trophy throwing a bomb at the fisherman above the lake thing you have to drain ?

so I have to plat now woop :yay:

1 hour ago, esstee11 said:

Yea it was my last trophy I couldn't get it anywhere, when I saw the new patch I went back in, I had completed the game so it spawned me right at the end next to the dad, it wouldn't work with the dad, but when I backtracked all the way to left, went to the past, I got the trophy throwing a bomb at the fisherman above the lake thing you have to drain 1f642.png

so I have to plat now woop :yay:

Grats on getting the plat. 

• 2 months later...

Hopefully someone can help me here since I've exhausted my interest in this game, having been through every area multiple times now. I'm missing scroll #12 and am hoping someone can remember where they found that one. I'm almost convinced it's somewhere in the last temple, but I feel like I've explored every corner of that place. What's worse is that I've found every playthrough of the game I can, and in each of them that scroll is one of the only ones not found :/ 

Edit: Eventually found it thankfully. It might be the same one AngelMJ found on the Glacial Mountain. You just have to check the "danger cliff ahead" section again, when you go back to the past, to bring the box up using the various wind gusts.

Edited by SIate_M

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AngelMJ said:

I got this one naturally. I think you need to "save" every type of ennemies. When you save one, I can not become corrupted again.

it's a hypothesis, I'm not sure...

I just talked with a dev and he said "every single creature" but that can't be right? That would be much much worse than 44 pets or scrolls.

edit. Ok, the trophy description is wrong. There was a last minute change and the correct description can be seen on Steam:

ZyD1RWK.png

Edited by HusKy

Update: Apparently "The Price of Peace" unlocks if you do the "final task" without all artifacts in your posession. Since I had all of them when I restored it, it made the trophy missable for me. I will have to do 1 full playthrough again. ?

-------------------------------------------------

I will ask another question: does anyone know what this trophy is about? @AngelMJ @esstee11 @SIate_M

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/11711-yestermorrow/18-the-price-of-peace

RIzupF0.png

I will also add that this trophy unlocked before I found scroll #12.

Ice Held Its Ground
Complete Ice island (story and collectibles)

Edited by HusKy

On 06/03/2021 at 2:37 AM, HusKy said:

Update: Apparently "The Price of Peace" unlocks if you do the "final task" without all artifacts in your posession. Since I had all of them when I restored it, it made the trophy missable for me. I will have to do 1 full playthrough again. 1f610.png

-------------------------------------------------

I will ask another question: does anyone know what this trophy is about? @AngelMJ @esstee11 @SIate_M

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/11711-yestermorrow/18-the-price-of-peace

RIzupF0.png

I will also add that this trophy unlocked before I found scroll #12.

Stop stop stop!!! You wont have to do another full playthrough!!!!

From the tittle screen when you have completed the game, press the continue button and it will bring you right to the spot at the end where you can either pick up or NOT pick up the Grandmaster Staff, the final needed tool! (sorry if I've called the tool wrong or something it was absolutely ages ago I played the game, I don't remember much, but you get the gist.)
So you can get both trophies for all tools and not all tools at the same time. Just get one, then press continue, get the other.
Common sense to take 10 seconds to press the continue button to test instead of jumping in for another 5 hour playthrough! 

I've no idea why ur saying apparently this is what you need to do for price of peace, it's pretty clear by the trophy description, that is what the collected artifacts/tools will do, and the game will tell you too when you reach the conduit at the end.
Like all the trophy descriptions are clear. Like the cleansing creatures you previously asked... just keep cleansing all creatures you come across from the black/possessed things back to normal creatures with ur powers, any that you see, and the trophy will unlock?! 
It's all complete common sense. 
You will get the plat if you just use common sense. !

Edited by esstee11

1 hour ago, esstee11 said:

<snip>

That was my first instinct. However, the cane was not there. There was nothing for me to leave behind. I had all the artifacts in my posession.

I will add that I was playing on v1.0.6 (from December 2020) and this version includes couple bug fixes including the "pet stacking" exploit which allows to collect 44 pets across multiple playthroughs.

About the cleansing, as you can see, the trophy description is also incorrect.

I use common sense and thanks for your answer.

Edited by HusKy

On 07/03/2021 at 10:33 AM, HusKy said:

That was my first instinct. However, the cane was not there. There was nothing for me to leave behind. I had all the artifacts in my posession.

I will add that I was playing on v1.0.6 (from December 2020) and this version includes couple bug fixes including the "pet stacking" exploit which allows to collect 44 pets across multiple playthroughs.

About the cleansing, as you can see, the trophy description is also incorrect.

I use common sense and thanks for your answer.

Nonsense. And I see u joined the yestermorrow discord where u can see only a few posts above ur entry the game creators very recently post saying yes you can get both endings from the last checkpoint. 

Side note about pets 'exploit' it doesnt matter if it works now or not, I never used it, I just found all the pets and got the trophy as it was intended.

I really don't understand the difficulties you're having. Anyway it is a really lovely game and I hope all future players continue to enjoy it :)

Edited by esstee11

17 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

Nonsense. And I see u joined the yestermorrow discord where u can see only a few posts above ur entry the game creators very recently post saying yes you can get both endings from the last checkpoint.

I'm not sure why you have the need to argue. The game is glitchy. I got soft-locked in various spots several times. The cane was not there, it was already in my inventory. I'm not having any issues with trophies, all of them unlocked as expected.

Lastly, no need to get defensive when someone asks a question on the forum -- that's the purpose. Next time just ignore it.

Edited by HusKy

Stating facts about how to aquire the endings and informing people that there is no need for exploits is not arguing.

I'm letting people know not worry who might have seen your posts and be put off by misinformation.

You @ me but now don't want the correct information I'm telling you. In that case I simply suggest you don't @ me again! Or do more of your own research first before reaching out to people. Cheers and good luck with the rest of your platinum journey

4 hours ago, esstee11 said:

Cheers and good luck with the rest of your platinum journey

Thanks, the second run was pretty quick. I only collected hearts along the road and got it done quickly.

The only tricky trophy in my opinion are 44 pets. They can be very hard to find and backtracking without proper map can be time-consuming. Overall I enjoyed the game a lot. Good luck to anyone who goes for this Platinum! :)

True I remember some of the pets in some obscure places! One somewhere on the right of the map, was only accessible when u have full abilities n was at the bottom of some water, was a hidden path to the left or the right underwater there, that one took me the longest to find! I thought about doing a collectables video at the time... I still have the game downloaded just incase I go back to it to make a video.. maybe.. one day lol.

Congrats on the quick other playthrough! The plat will soon be urs, if you havent got it already! ?

Edited by esstee11

• 5 months later...
On 3/8/2021 at 1:45 PM, esstee11 said:

True I remember some of the pets in some obscure places! One somewhere on the right of the map, was only accessible when u have full abilities n was at the bottom of some water, was a hidden path to the left or the right underwater there, that one took me the longest to find! I thought about doing a collectables video at the time... I still have the game downloaded just incase I go back to it to make a video.. maybe.. one day lol.

Congrats on the quick other playthrough! The plat will soon be urs, if you havent got it already! 1f642.png

Do you remember which region it was (forest, ice, desert)?

I have 43/44 and scouring every inch of the regions is getting beyond tedious

It would've been nice if they had some checklist of how many are left in each area

Edit- Never mind I finally found the missing one

Turns out it was in the mountain area in the desert region

It felt really satisfying to get the plat finally

Not that the game is really hard by any means but getting all the animals was a headache at times considering there was no fast travel, a good map or checklist of what pets you have left in any given area

If they ever plan some sort of sequel I really hope they fix some of those issues at the very least fast travel 

Edited by CaptainJeff87

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, just to let you know I prepared a partial guide on the NA forum for the game. I'm missing one map (for the Hub of Time) - any advice on that one would be much welcome. It's a tiny area, and you can't access it in the past, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...

EDIT: Found the map. The devs quite were helpful on Discord, as per Husky's recommendation, and quite friendly!

Edited by visighost