No option to upgrade PS4 Digital Version to PS5?

As the title says.

When I went to install it, there was no option in the game hub to upgrade.

It's the PS4 Standard Edition. On the hub game screen on PS5 for the game, there is the price to buy it £49.99, add to wishlist and the ... option gives me Unfollow, Ultimate Edition and Health/Privacy Terms.

I started it on PS5 (PS4 version) and have been earning trophies, so either way i'm not too fussed, just wondered why the upgrade option wasn't there?

44 minutes ago, CaptainPicco said:

Have a look in your game library tile at the end and filter to PS5, it should in theory be there as when you buy, it should have given you both versions at the same time.

Yeh I checked that and the only current PS5 games are Astro and Bugsnax!

44 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

That's strange.  I was able to download both if I wanted.  I just downloaded the PS5 version, though

I guess as Startyde below has said, it’s a particular edition (unless your version is standard?)

19 minutes ago, Startyde said:

I think you only get Spiderman PS5 with the ultimate miles PS5 bundle.

Possibly yeh. Like I said it’s no problem, I only looked for the upgrade as I was on the PS5 and figured i’d try it.

15 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

Yeh I checked that and the only current PS5 games are Astro and Bugsnax!

I guess as Startyde below has said, it’s a particular edition (unless your version is standard?)

No, I just bought the standard version on PS5.  Which version of Spider Man did you buy?  I know if you bought a disk version of a game on PS4, you'd have to buy another copy of it on the PS5 digital version.

Edited by grimydawg___

6 hours ago, grimydawg___ said:

No, I just bought the standard version on PS5.  Which version of Spider Man did you buy?  I know if you bought a disk version of a game on PS4, you'd have to buy another copy of it on the PS5 digital version.

Standard Digital version PS4. 

I found this bit of info:

RFFA7LW.jpg

I have the same issue. I own the digital version on PS4, but cannot upgrade to PS5 version without buying it. In the PS5 store it only show's the price 59,95€ or 79,95€ for the Ultimate Edition even though I can download the PS4 version and have already platinumed it on PS4.

1 hour ago, kmarsu said:

I have the same issue. I own the digital version on PS4, but cannot upgrade to PS5 version without buying it. In the PS5 store it only show's the price 59,95€ or 79,95€ for the Ultimate Edition even though I can download the PS4 version and have already platinumed it on PS4.

Yeh, I was trying different things last night to see what would change, but to no avail. 

Not sure it would work or is a thing, but is there an ‘upgrade’ option/unlock on the game on the PS4 Miles Morales tile in the library on the PS4, so when you sign in on the PS5 and choose to download it, it gives you the PS5 one? Clutching at straws I know, just bugging me as to why its not working?

Bit of an update on this.

There was a patch ystdy for the game and when I started back up after, I was greeted with this message...

R5M3vKc.jpg

However, still no upgrade option in game or on the store/library or game page?

Only thing i’ll try when I finish the game is to delete it and see if a new option appears. ?  

20 hours ago, Ashbo said:

Only thing i’ll try when I finish the game is to delete it and see if a new option appears. 1f914.png  

I installed the PS4 version on my PS5 and played it for an hour. I couldn't upgrade it to PS5 version within the game. There was no option to upgrade it to PS5 version in the game hub. There was no option to upgrade it to PS5 version in my game library. Deleting the game did nothing. I can still download and install the PS4 version, but no the PS5 version.

Edited by kmarsu

34 minutes ago, kmarsu said:

I installed the PS4 version on my PS5 and played it for an hour. I couldn't upgrade it to PS5 version within the game. There was no option to upgrade it to PS5 version in the game hub. There was no option to upgrade it to PS5 version in my game library. Deleting the game did nothing. I can still download and install the PS4 version, but no the PS5 version.

Yeh its a weird one. Sounds like you tried the methods I did to no avail.

5 minutes ago, XXIIlII said:

Try clicking the 3 dots on the game's page then choose PS5 and then download.

Tried it dude, only get as mentioned originally ‘Unfollow’, ‘Ultimate Edition’ and. ‘Health/Privacy’ options.

21 minutes ago, Ashbo said:

Yeh its a weird one. Sounds like you tried the methods I did to no avail.

Tried it dude, only get as mentioned originally ‘Unfollow’, ‘Ultimate Edition’ and. ‘Health/Privacy’ options.

Ok one last thing. Try this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/jt3302/spiderman_remaster_download/gc68gf0?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share&context=3