Do Ratalaika Vita games work on PSTV?

GUDGER666

Good question. I got a Vita this year and it's great. I was kind of interested in PSTV as it would be quite cool to play on a TV sometimes. 

This has been on my to-do list, so thanks for the nudge. Here is a list of all the games I can find:

https://www.vitaplayer.co.uk/list-of-playstation-tv-compatible-games/

I don't know how out of date it is though.

Guess you could @Ratalaika, they are on here. I can't seem to get the @ thing to work for some reason.

22 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

Good question. I got a Vita this year and it's great. I was kind of interested in PSTV as it would be quite cool to play on a TV sometimes. 

This has been on my to-do list, so thanks for the nudge. Here is a list of all the games I can find:

https://www.vitaplayer.co.uk/list-of-playstation-tv-compatible-games/

I don't know how out of date it is though.

Guess you could @Ratalaika, they are on here. I can't seem to get the @ thing to work for some reason.

Had a look on wiki and a lot aren't playable

49 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Had a look on wiki and a lot aren't playable

Seems like info is outdated. I didn't remember any Ratalaika/Lightwood game which had any issues running on PS TV.

Of course different Pic-a-Pix are better with touch control, but other indie-pixel-crap plays just fine with Dualshock 4.

Edited by ScooloV

1 hour ago, ScooloV said:

Seems like info is outdated. I didn't remember any Ratalaika/Lightwood game which had any issues running on PS TV.

There's some useful comments on the link I posted that seem to confirm that:

With regards to what does / doesn’t work, the general rule we have found is that games that use Vita-specific features (camera, microphone, motion sensors and front/rear touch) won’t work and some games that need the front screen as well. Games are being patched all the time but we advise people not to look at Sony’s list or use the PSN Store for guidance as these are both inaccurate.

and:

I’m not sure what controller you are using at the moment, but both the DualShock 3 and DualShock 4 can emulate the PS Vita’s touchscreen. We normally recommend that people use a DualShock 4 with the PSTV because of games that require multitouch (The Amazing Spider-Man, for example) but I have played several LEGO games that need touch controls and found the DualShock 4 to work perfectly. The touchpad on the DS4 works well but if you are using the DualShock 3 you can activate the touchscreen mode by pressing L3 (pushing down on the left analogue stick) and a pointer will appear on screen. You can then move this around using the left stick. Press X to tap or hold X down to “drag” your finger across the screen. Once you let go of X it will turn off the “touchscreen” so you will need to press it again but obviously if you use the DualShock 4 you can simply use the touchpad on the controller.

It seems crazy to me that Sony had basically invented the Switch before Nintendo, then abandoned it almost immediately. Such wasted potential.